It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 am

Free Newsletter

Fit Flops...?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Fit Flops...?

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:11 am

Has anyone heard much about or even tried Fit Flops? They sound great but are quite expensive (well, for me anyway - $90) so thought I'd see if anyone had them before I forked out the money!! :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: Fit Flops...?

Postby Tarz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:20 am

Hi,

I did a bit of googling when i first heard about them and they sound great and if they are as great as they make it out on the net then i would pay the $90. But i don't know anyone that has them. May be go have a look at them in the stores - according to the website they are available at the athletes foot. I know i wasn't much help but at least now you know where they are and you can look at them.
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:16 pm

I have a pair and I LOVE them! I have a wardrobe full of shoes, but these are the ones I have worn non-stop since getting them in late November. I keep checking the FitFlop website to see if they've come up with a winter shoe version because I don't know what I'll do when it gets too cold to wear them. Honestly I cannot say enough good things about them.

They definitely work your legs more when you walk. You can really feel the difference both while wearing them and afterwards. But I got them because of my plantar fasciitis. I'd read testimonials that they had helped some people with that condition so I thought I'd give it a go. I'd had PF for two years and nothing had fixed it. Within a month of wearing them my PF cleared up to the point where I could run 5km and I rarely have any flare ups now, which is a minor medial miracle to me!

$90 is expensive for a pair of thongs, but since these are the most comfortable footwear I have ever come across I actually think it's quite cheap for what you get. I highly recommend them.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:26 am

I've finally saved some money and I'm going to the shops either tonight or on the weekend to try out Fit Flops!

So excited!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby shelbel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 am

Let us know how you get on, im thinking of getting some after hearing what EWQ saud about them, one more opinion might sway me! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:11 am

I will Shelbel!!

I hope they're as good as I've heard!! Stay tuned :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:40 am

Yay Ali! It sounds like you're buying them from a bricks & mortar store instead of online, which is a really good idea. The sizing is a bit odd and if I'd bought online I would have ended up with the wrong size shoe. The great thing is that you'll have a chance to try them on before buying them too. I knew the moment I put them on that they were brilliant. It helps ease the pain of parting with so much money for a pair of thongs!

Another good thing about them is that they're brilliant if you have wide feet. They're designed for the wider European foot so they fit really well for those of us with chubby little trotters!

While out for a walk in St Kilda the other day a woman overtook me while walking her dog. I wasn't walking at all fast, and she was really power walking, but I was a bit miffed because I thought "Hey, you can't outwalk me while wearing bloody thongs!" Then I looked again. Yep. She was wearing FitFlops too! So there you go. The word is spreading!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby electrongirl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:34 pm

do they only come in the one style with the thing in between the toes? I can't wear shoes like that!! No fair!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Unfortunately yes. The choice is pretty limited right now. I'm hoping they come out with a shoe version soon, but I don't know how long that will take.

MBTs also use destabilising technology in a similar way and come in running or casual style shoes. Unfortunately they cost a lot more than FitFlops which is a real bummer. And they're ugly as hell which doesn't help!

MBTs: http://www.swissmasaius.com/Default.aspx?lang=en-US
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Sorry, that was the US site in my last post. I've just found the official Australian MBT site which would make it easier for people to find stockists if they're interested in the shoes.

http://www.swissmasai.com.au/
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:21 pm

i just looked at their website & it says they can help to tone your bum! i want a pair...NOW! :lol:
sassi

Return to Weight loss Talk