It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm so dissapointed.....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm so dissapointed.....

Postby ranger 2 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:28 pm

with myself I got down to 67.5kg and know I have put it back on again. I thought that I was doing all the right things and even Mum and DH were proud of me. I think I just lost motivation to loose the weight but I know I have to if I want to pregnant again. Please any advice for me to keep it off when I loose it.

TIA Jodi :(
ranger 2

Re: I'm so dissapointed.....

Postby Sharee » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:35 pm

HI Jodi, don't be so hard on yourself, youve done it once so you know you can do it again! I guess as the experts say the key to keeping weight off is to make long term lifestyle changes rather than dieting for a limited time. If you make healthy eating and excercise a part of your life permanently then once youve lost the weight you can afford to have some of the naughty stuff in moderation and you wont stack all the weight back on. Seems like you have plenty of support and encouragement from your family as well so Im sure this time you will lose the weight and keep it off!

Postby Sussy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Hey mate, i know exactly how you feel as i recently did the same thing. I'm hoping now that once i've lost the weight again, i will make a conscious effort and mental note of how bad i felt after i'd regained the weight and how HARD it was to lose it again. When if i'd just laid off the junk originally i wouldn't be in this situation.
Goodluck, i know you can do it. :)

Postby JL77 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:19 am

Dont be to disapointed, I know thats easier to say though, try and use this experience as a learning curve and do some extra excerise or something like that ?

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2

Postby Kimmie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm

I did the same thing, too. I wrote my thesis last year, so I stopped going to the gym around June. By November, when I submitted, I had gained about 8kg, which is a lot in 5 months. :(

Losing weight again is hard. So far I have found exercise to be the best thing, because even if I don't lose as much weight as I would have liked, I feel better for having done this for myself. Also, I have found keeping a food diary helpful, because then I'm accountable for everything I put in my mouth. Otherwise it's too easy to go "oh what the hell, one x won't hurt..."

Anyway, good luck. Work hard, get results. :)

Postby Moomoo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:02 pm

I've been a yo yo dieter my whole life. I normally loose weight and put it all back on plus more. Which is so frustrating!

This is my third "proper" attempt at loosing and keeping it off (I'm now 4 weeks into the diet). At the moment I am concentrating on getting the weight off but at the same time trying to think of a plan as to how to keep it off forever.

I'll be watching this post for good ideas too! I think there are a few of us in the same boat please don't think you are alone with how you feel.

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:37 am

Hi Jodi.
It's not at all uncommon for this to happen - just like smokers who give up for months only to take it up again. Don't see it as a failure but as a learning curve. What happened? How did you lose the weight before? Was this something you could keep up forever? If so, what changed to make you stop doing it? Can you change that this time? If it was a specific 'diet' perhaps you can try something different this time when you get to goal?

I'm about 1 year post goal and still there (though maybe an extra 5kg would be nice) and I've done that mostly by continuing with the same things I was doing to lose weight, but a little more relaxed.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Weight loss Talk