It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Personal trainers and aching muscles :0)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Personal trainers and aching muscles :0)

Postby Moomoo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi all, I had my 3rd training session with my personal trainer last night! I love it! I hate excercise and I'm terrible for actually finding time to get around and do it! Hence why I got a personal trainer rather than joining a gym!

My first session was weighing measuring and assessing Last week Wednesday was my first "proper" session. My legs and arms were so sore! It took until Saturday before I felt I could do any excercise.
I did some excercise on my own on Sunday and my stomach muscles and calves where really sore. took me 10 mins to get up the stairs at work! I just got over it and then I had a session yesterday now my poor thighs and arms ache :roll: :D
Makes me chuckle but In a weird way I'm pleased they hurt so much. I really feel like I am achieving something...It can only get better!
Goodbye flabby tuck shop arms!

Oh and I read a good saying ... Inside me there is a skinny woman wanting to get out, I normally shut her up with chocolate :D
Moomoo

Re: Personal trainers and aching muscles :0)

Postby Moomoo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:03 pm

I have a terrible memory! :roll:

Here's the saying:

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with chocolate
Moomoo

Postby big_love » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:09 pm

go hunni! A personal trainer sounds excellent, I wish I had access to one here! And I know what you mean about the aching muscles. I did circuit last night, and I have muscles in my legs and booty I didn't even know about! Good work!
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:13 pm

That's a brilliant saying. I am soooo adopting it from now on!

It's great to hear about your progress with your PT. Good on you! I know what you mean about aching muscles. I joined my local gym this week and did my first work-out yesterday. I can barely walk today! (Oddly enough it hurts more to walk than to run, which makes no sense to me but gave me incentive to go jogging this morning.)

I hope your arms and legs feel better soon, Moomoo!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Gosh I wish I could afford a PT....!! I want one, I want one!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Moomoo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:49 pm

I can't really afford it either at the moment $65 per session - Thats why I'm only having 1 a week. I've giving myself a bit of time to get used to excercise and to boost my confidence a bit and then I will change it to once every 2 weeks. I've bought a few bits of equipment from Ebay the same as what we use in our sessions so she can design me a fitness program.

I'm too paronoid to go to the gym I don't like the idea of people seeing my fat wobble! :oops: The other reason I've taken this way is because I have no excuse because she comes to my house!

While I was looking for the proper saying I found a funny website with chocolate sayings on it Called "Chocolate humour" http://danworona.50megs.com/custom.html

I like this one: I AM NOT OVERWEIGHT. I AM CHOCOLATE-ENRICHED :D
and this one:THERE IS NO CHOCOLATE'S ANONYMOUS BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO QUIT.

Tee hee
Moomoo

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Haha...great sayings! :lol:

If a personal trainer works, then it's money well invested! Sadly, it's going to be working out at the gym for me...although, I'm going to start asking my instructors for tips I think...LOVE the fact yours goes to your house....that's awesome!

I've found that now I've become a bit of a regular, the trainers take more notice and correct me if I'm doing something wrong and encourage me if I start to wain....(is that the right word to use... :roll: ).

Anyway, cheers to working out!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Moomoo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:24 pm

Fingers crossed to us both! I'm sure we'll do fine! :D

I'm sure the trainers at the gym will give you an excercise plan if you asked them? A few even do Diet plans too.
My PT does diet plans but I feel confident doing weight watchers and don't want to complicate things any more than they are! especially as it's working.
7 months till the wedding - 6 months till final dress fitting/ So that means 6 months to loose another 25kgs ish...might just make it! I'll be happy just to shift another 10kg in that time
Moomoo

Postby bferbear » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:43 pm

My PT suggested I spend 5-10 minutes every morning and 5-10 minutes every evening doing additional stretches over and above pre and post session stretches. I have found that even though the intensity of our workouts has increased dramatically in the last 2 weeks, I am not sore the next day as a result. Maybe you could try this and see if it helps out.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby Kimmie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:45 pm

Yes, I found the same thing with stretching, it does help. But the main reason it hurts so much is you're making your muscles do new things, they kind of go WTF! I used to be a bit of a body pump queen, but after 7 months of being sedentary (thank you so much, Uni! :P) my first pump class back with seriously NO weight on the bar... OMG I couldn't walk without wincing for days. But now, after a couple of weeks of getting back into it, I only have a small bit or of soreness, and it only lasts a day if that.

Keep at it, you will feel so much stronger! And the pain won't be so bad forever, it will get easier! Even push ups get easy after a while (or so I've been told :lol:).

Also ali: yes, that's definitely the right word, but spelled "wane" -- a "wain" is a wagon! But only big geeks like me would notice... :oops: :lol: haha
Kimmie

Return to Weight loss Talk