It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 am

Free Newsletter

Heartburn

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Heartburn

Postby Fireball » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:10 pm

A warning ot others:

I mentioned to my doctor that I get a fair bit of heartburn to which they said I should lose some weight and it will help. I find when I get heartburn, without thinking I have something to eat to try to relieve the discomfort. In a few minutes it returns so then I feel like having somethng else.... This is a trigger for eating that I wasn't aware of until recently.
Lately I have been using little Mylanta tablets you can buy in a roll. One of these usually settles it. I like the berry flavour, it's like having a little lolly.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Re: Heartburn

Postby big_love » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:35 am

I used to get severe heartburn all the time, although since I have been eating properly, and not eating fatty crap, and since I have been exercising, it has disappeared (I probably just jinxed myself). Mylanta is excellent though...as is quick eze, but not as tasty!
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:29 am

yep, I used to get heartburn quite badly too and it disappeared when I lost the weight. Mylanta does help, but don't over use it. Avoid having too much liquid before bed and avoid acidic foods to try to control it in the mean time while you work on your weight!!

BTW - hello everyone - just popping in for a bit... the site has changed a bit! :D
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fireball » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:18 pm

I get it all day long. I'm not eating fatty meals now. I have been trying to work out what triggers it because I seem to get it with most things I eat. I have just read that eating too fast & but also drinking too much with meals can cause it too as it waters down the digestive juices.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Weight loss Talk