It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:20 am

Free Newsletter

All back on

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

All back on

Postby JL77 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:59 pm

It was my bday on Friday and after a long weekend of parties and lunches etc with family and friends I have managed to put back on all the weight I have recentley lost. I am so upset with myself. I was feeling really good about myself :(

Sometimes I just wann kick myself

Sorry had to let it out
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Re: All back on

Postby Kimmie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:29 pm

I have done this countless time, hun. The important thing is to get on with your normal weight loss regime as soon as possible. If not, it will be a slippery slope to weight gain. Don't be disheartened. Before you know it, you will be back to your lost weight, and feeling good again. You will start to feel good once you do the right things. You CAN and WILL get back on track! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed you birthday time, though. It only comes around once a year!! (Also, Happy Birthday! :P)
Kimmie

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Jez, I know you're having problems with losing/putting/losing/putting on weight. I think you need to figure out where you're going wrong so that you can do this thing once and for all.

Its fine to indulge and have treats (birthdays are a given :)) but at some point you just have say 'i'm going to do this' and mean it. Go to the gym when you don't feel like it, don't eat after dinner, go for a walk instead etc. Use calorie king religiously for the first few weeks so you can calculate everything and become organised. Yes, it is REALLY hard to get motivated in the beginning but I promise it does get better.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but where theres a will theres a way and sometimes you just have to quit talking and start DOING.

You can do this Jez, we all can, but you gotta walk the walk.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Sussy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:44 pm

I have done this too, and it's HARD to get back on track.

Try to make a conscious effort to remember how BAD you feel when you've regained weight and how FANTASTIC you feel when you have lost weight, always keep it in your mind and when you're reaching for something you shouldn't, think about it.

Also keep in mind that any junk, chips, chocolate or whatever your weakness is will ALWAYS be there.

Hope this helps, even if only a little. :)
Sussy

Postby Fireball » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:09 pm

Oh Jez. It is so depressing when that happens. We have all done it so there is no point in getting down on yourself. Do try to learn from the experience - what could you have done differently to lead to a better outcome? Mean while get stuck into some exercise (guilt can be such a good motivator) and back on track with your nutrition and you'll lose the weight in no time.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:50 pm

Fiona25 wrote:Jez, I know you're having problems with losing/putting/losing/putting on weight. I think you need to figure out where you're going wrong so that you can do this thing once and for all.

Its fine to indulge and have treats (birthdays are a given :)) but at some point you just have say 'i'm going to do this' and mean it. Go to the gym when you don't feel like it, don't eat after dinner, go for a walk instead etc. Use calorie king religiously for the first few weeks so you can calculate everything and become organised. Yes, it is REALLY hard to get motivated in the beginning but I promise it does get better.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but where theres a will theres a way and sometimes you just have to quit talking and start DOING.

I agree with what you've said Fiona

What has worked for me is the preparation and tracking of my food and exercise. Motivation and will power doesn't last unfortunately. We have to motivate ourself everyday. Preparation is the key to success.

Use the weekends eating as a learning curve. You can still enjoy nice meals out and still lose weight. It's about making the right choice.

Just get back onto your tracking and the weight you've lost will be gone before you know it. :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Fiona25 wrote:Jez, I know you're having problems with losing/putting/losing/putting on weight. I think you need to figure out where you're going wrong so that you can do this thing once and for all.

I agree with you whole heartedly Fiona. All my life I've been a "gunna" until enough was enough.

Take the bull by the horns Jez and let rip into it, you can do this !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby JL77 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:18 pm

I am trying you know
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:21 pm

No one said you weren't trying Jez, but what did you want us to say?

You just have to put more into it and get serious. At the end of the day YOU have to make the decision to REALLY do this. We will all be here to support you, which is what I believe we're trying to do, but there is only so much we can do - its up to you.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby big_love » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 pm

go on bub, your right...I have faith in you. It was only one little slip up, and if you can't party hardy on your b'day, when can you? (happy b'day by the way :mrgreen:). Have faith in yourself and take it slowly, do what you can and just keep smiling :mrgreen:

((BIG hugs))
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Fireball » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:41 pm

I've got no doubt you are trying. On the emotional level I had to learn things about myself and my thought patterns, how I rationalise my behaviours etc. and deep down I don't really think that I believed I could do it. We all have to make our own journey and maybe there are still some things about yourself that you need to figure out. What triggers your over eating? Are there emotional issues that are holding you back? What motivates you? What strategies can you use to succeed? And sometimes you just have "to make yourself" no matter how you feel at the time. Make yourself exercise and make yourself say no as much as you want something... Go for it Jez. You can do it.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:47 pm

I agree with Fireball. Use this as an opportunity to assess what went wrong. I know I regained weight after stopping Weight Watchers. I knew in theory how to continue to lose weight, but in practice I was desperate to go back to my 'fat' lifestyle. Now I know I'm always in danger of living like a fat person because I still want to eat and drink like a fat person. And I act that way because I was still thinking like a fat person. Now I know I need to start thinking like a thin person. How would a thin person deal with a situation at a restaurant? They'd probably choose a healthy option and only eat until satisfied, leaving half the plate. They'd choose the wine or the desert but not both. And, while it's not easy I know that that is the way I'll have to think for the rest of my life so that the weight doesn't creep back on. I'm not sure if you're in the same boat as me, but I'm sure you'll find why you slipped up and be better prepared for next time.

Good luck.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Hey Jez - hope you read this before you completely bail out of this forum...

I am a returner to this forum and I can understand that what Fiona said may have hurt or upset you. I guess she was trying to shock you into reality? My leader at WW does the same thing - had me bawling a few weeks back. But it all turned out good in the end because it was the slap in the face that I needed, I was just kidding myself that I was on track when I really wasn't.

Anyway... in terms of the slip-up. I lost 30kg in 2005 and have now put back on about 15 of those kilo's. So don't let a couple of kilo's kill your motivation!!! It will only end up worse, trust me I know. When I put on a couple of kilo's I wish I had of been able to pull the reigns in more. And trust me, you don't want to end up heavier than what you started all because you couldn't accept the gain and move on.

Eating and weight loss is like an addiction. It's hard to give it up and at times you will have slip ups, but you just gotta get back on that horse and keep going. It's a bloody long, hard road - but I know that you can do it and I would love to help you on that journey and also to have you helping me lose that 15kg I put back on!!!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Return to Weight loss Talk