It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Appropriate vs Inappropriate Clothing for Size

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Appropriate vs Inappropriate Clothing for Size

Postby bferbear » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:55 am

A girl was in the gym this morning and as far as I am concerned she was dressed entirely inappropriately for her size. She was around 5'6" and about 100kgs, wearing a lycra midriff top and bikepants set that was around 2 or 3 sizes too small for her. Lets just say it left absolutely nothing to the imagination as far as her genitalia went. She looked like a string of sausages, parts of her bulging out the top of the halterneck, her midriff bulging out, other bits sticking out in other places (wasn't camel toe, but elephant toe maybe). The worst thing was she was walking around with a proud smirk on her face as if she honestly believed the looks she was receiving were of admiration and desire.

I am not suggesting that fat people need to keep covered up and be embarrassed about their bodies, but some things are just not on. The other thing is do family members have a responsibility to inform you of how you are looking when you are about to make a huge faux pas such as this.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Re: Appropriate vs Inappropriate Clothing for Size

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:41 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Someone better be saying something to me!!!!!! I have always been a firm believer of "just because you can put it on doesn't mean it fits." and I'm sure this is a prime example right here...good luck with that lol
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Tummygirl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:08 pm

You know what I dont think there is anything more worse than people not dressing for their size. Having always been on the bigger side I have always had to be carefull of what i wear and you know what full figure woman can look stunning IF they where the right clothes. im not talking wearing baggy tshirts and ugly pants to cover your pudgy bits lol but something that makes your feels good and look nice.

I could never picture myself in Lycra pants lol fat or thin lol so dont worry it wasnt me. :lol:

I dont like to blow my own whistle but I dress for my size and think I can look stunnign when i want too :lol:

Having said what i have what can you say to someone like this girl at the gym. Nothing really maybe she will notice some day, either that or she looses alot of weight and never buys new gym clothes lol.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:27 pm

I've always been a big fan of Edith Head's quote "Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady."

Only crew members of the Starship Enterprise or contestants on Gladiators should wear tight lycra. It's simply not flattering to most people and looks mildly absurd in most instances.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby emmaline » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:38 pm

I love that quote EWQ!
And totally agree

But I think telling her would probably crush her anyway.
It's so hard to know if its helping or hindering hey!
emmaline

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:58 pm

I think its tragic when people don't dress for their size.

Sure, big people can look gorgeous in the right clothes, but in clothes that are too revealing or too small it just looks bloody awful!

As far as telling people - if someone asked me then I would tactfully say something but unless i'm asked for my opinion on how someone looks I keep to myself, it is certainly not my purpose or intent to say something to hurt someones feelings.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm cringing on behalf of the girl.

All those snigger's and stares she would have received.

Good on her for having good esteem, however I'm a believer of dressing for your size too. And she definitely wasn't dressed for her size - it's never good when trying to squeeze in smaller sizes

Anyone, whatever height and weight can look fantastic in clothing - it's just dressing appropriately for your size.

I myself, wear leggings and singlets to the gym and still feel self conscious of my huge thighs and tummy
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:25 pm

If there's one thing I've learnt, is cover up all the bits that I dont like. Cause if I dont like to see them, no one else will !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby bferbear » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:58 pm

It really was shocking. What I find so hard to believe though is that she genuinely thought she looked hot. She was strutting and checking herself out. Delusional much?? She might have one of those funhouse mirrors at home that distort your shape.
[/url]
bferbear

Postby Kimmie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Eww. Large or little -- I don't want to see your camel toe.

I like that quote, EWQ. I think even if I were very skinny, I wouldn't be wearing too-tight clothing. Also, I personally think midriffs at the gym are disgusting, just for the sweat on equipment factor. Yuck!
Kimmie

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:49 pm

bferbear, I don't want to jump down your throat hahaha, but you don't know this girls situation. She might have lost a large amount of weight. So the difference does mean that she feels more hot and confident in herself. Who are we to ridicule her self love. She just happens to have poor clothing judgment.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby bferbear » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 pm

LOL, I have dropped 20+kgs in a few short months, but it doesn't mean that I am going to throw on a pair of budgie smugglers and head off to the beach any time shortly. Even when I reach my goal weight I can't see myself ever doing that. It isn't about self confidence, it is about being realistic.
[/url]
bferbear

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:52 pm

Maybe she did think she looked good. She might have lost a huge amount of weight and actually look a lot better then what she did before. Good on her for having the confidence!
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)
ProudMumOf1

Postby shelbel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:06 pm

The one i dont understand why people wear jeans that give them muffin tops! I mean, just buy the next size up whats the big deal!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby lng86 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 am

I only have one word to add...

SHHHAAAMMMMMEEEE!

(In all aspects!)
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk