It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Sabotaging Myself

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabotaging Myself

Postby Jodie91 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi all,
I just started back at Tafe yesterday I am tired and the kids are driving me up the wall. For some reason both of these things make me eat - chocolate and biscuits mostly but hey thats only cos we dont have anything esle unhealthy in the house right now. I'm crabby and yelling at the kids (not entirly unusual) so I eat. Some of the recipes I have tried lately have been bland and tastless so not overly motivated to cook healthy either.
I know this will pass but I just needed to vent
Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Re: Sabotaging Myself

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:07 pm

Sorry to hear things are so trying for you at the moment, Jodie. I hope everything picks up for you soon.

{Hugs}
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:31 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time right now Jodie.

You've made a huge step though in RECOGNISING that you're eating because of emotions and not because you're hungry. I struggle with this too and have found exercise a great way to vent my frustrations and emotions towards. Apart from that, keeping busy, drinking water etc as well as dealing with emotions are all ways to conquer emotional eating. No 2 ways about it though, its tough!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Well done on picking it up ! Half the battle is already won !!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Fireball » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:33 pm

A busy mum, trying to do it all, no wonder. First day back at Tafe, you're probably feeling stressed and if you're anything like me, when I get stressed I eat. Maybe: try some relaxation - a nice bath? exercises?; work out how you can get things organised to make what you are trying to do a success; and ask for more help if there is anyone available to give you a bit of support. From past experience I can tell you, yelling at the kids doesn't help and in the long run might lead to behavioural problems for you to deal with. Maybe have a chat to a counsellor about how to deal with everything you're trying to take on and methods of dealing with the kids when you are tired. I don't know how old they are but they may be able to do a bit more to help you out too. BTW Good luck with your course. It's fantastic that you are doing it!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Jodie91 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks everyone.
The kids have now been asleep for a few hours (always think they are wonderful when they are asleep :) ) and I have had time to do some exercise and some study and am feeling heaps better.
The kids are 7, 4 and 2 and the two year old is the hardest at the moment, you know, terrible twos, so I know she will grow out of it. They help a little as can be expected at their age but I get stressed when the house is a total mess (a little mess is ok but I can't handle having to climb over toys to get anywhere) but it will be all good. Will get back into a routine soon hopefully and things will settle down a bit more.
Right now though anyone want a kid or two - free to good home :lol:
Cheers
Jodie
BTW I am studing accountancy so in a couple of years mate rates on tax returns :lol:
[/url]
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:37 pm

When it comes to a quick tidy you could do what my mum always did. Clothes hamper in the lounge room. Anything left lying around got chucked in. It saved time on tidying up after us kids, made the place neat enough for her liking, and meant that we knew where our stuff was when we were looking for it! I've heard of people using it as a way to train others in the house to pick up after themselves, too. Anything left in the hamper on Saturday goes to the op-shop. :shock:

Good luck with getting the routine settled in Jodie. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby big_love » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:51 pm

are you just offering mates rates on the tax so we take your kids.... :wink: God I remember what its like to have a 2 year old...I think she was naughtier too because I wasn't her real mum (which she loved to remind me of), I just raised her for 2 years with my then partner. Three kids and studying and working out :shock: ...you deserve a medal girl!!!
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Jodie91 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Haha nah the kids are free.
Like the clothes hamper idea might do that then if I get really peeved and want the house to look even tidier I can just put it in the bed room.
I love studying it relaxes me to sit down with an accounting problem to work out or a good text to read (yeah im weird I know)
Thanks for saying I deserve a medal Tam it makes me feel good when people tell me things like that cos I dont always feel that I am doing anything justice by trying to do it all. But I am still loosing weight and haven't failed a subject yet and the kids seem to be as well ajusted as can be expected so I figure I am doing ok. And hubby seems happy which is always a bonus :lol:
Cheers
Jodie
[/url]
Jodie91

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 pm

Tam's right. You're doing an amazing job combining raising a family with studying and losing weight. I like to think of myself as organised and hard working but I know that there's no way I could do all of those things at once! While doing my bachelor's degree I gained so much weight because I just couldn't manage to find time for study, cooking healthy meals and exercising. Now that my workload is less I can finally look at my health, but I'm putting off kids until after I finish because anything else would be too much for me. Hell, I can't even seem to find the time to start painting or drawing again! Looking after three small children, studying accountancy and losing weight all at the same time is an unbelievable achievement. Well done Jodie!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Since I'm in Adelaide, I'll hold you to the mates rates...!!! :lol:

And you are doing a great job....I find it hard having a full time job, going to the gym and having a live-in bf!! I feel like I never stop so I can't imagine how you do it!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Jodie91 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Thanks guys all this positve affermation is making my eyes water might have to go cut some onions so i have an excuse.
Cheers
Jodie
[/url]
Jodie91

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Aaawww....I feel all warm and fuzzy :P

BIG hugs
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Jodie91 wrote:Thanks guys all this positve affermation is making my eyes water might have to go cut some onions so i have an excuse.
Cheers
Jodie

Mmmm... onions. Thanks for that. I was wondering what to make for dinner and french onion soup is looking like a real goer now! :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:03 pm

My bf is allergic to onions....can you imagine...?!

AUGH!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk