It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Womens Health Magazine

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Womens Health Magazine

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:25 am

Yesterday i went for a walk at lunch and stopped in at the newsagenets and found the magazine Womens Helath. after flicking through i saw a few articles that looked really interesting. I bought it and i'm so glad i did. Its a good magazine. Its got some really good health, beauty, food and lifestyle tips. I just thought i'd give a shout out to everyone about it because i didn't know existed before. It caught my eye at first when i saw it had an article called "the nine new laws of weightloss". If you go to a newsagents just have a look see what you think.
Tarz

Re: Womens Health Magazine

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:55 am

Is this a new mag - by the same people as Mens Health?? I think I saw something about it but haven't actually seen the mag yet.

Hey - I just had a great idea....I might subscribe to Mens Health for a year for my lovely boy for Valentines Day...!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 am

Thats a good idea. I would but h2b would probably prefer it if i subscribed hime to zoo weekly. :wink:
I don't think its brand new but it is made by the same company as mens health. I was suprised that when i got home from my jog/walk h2b was reading it and quite interested in it. :lol:
Tarz

Postby hysterical_oliver » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:19 am

The latest issue is only the 4th they've put out so it's really new. Every month is a great read. If you pick it up and like it I suggest you use the offer inside to subscribe, it's only $3 far the first 3 issues using their own ad and something like $15 for every 3 after that. Only a 3 month subscription so if you want to give it away you don't have to wait all year too.

Highly recommended to all :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks H.O!! I think I might run out and get it today....the more motivation - the better! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Siana-leah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:52 pm

i dont know if uve seen it but theres another magazine that is fantastic...
Slimming and Health....it has fewer ads then the womens health mag..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby hysterical_oliver » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:09 pm

There are A LOT of ads in the WH, I was going to mention it but on a whole the mag is very good despite every second page being an ad lol :mrgreen: I think theres yet another mag out in Womens Health but I can't remember the exact name of it, looks OK but I have really taken to WH even giving up the Cosmo!!
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:15 pm

I also like the Weight Watchers magazine... whilst I am a WW member, I still find that the magazine is very motivational. I love reading the success stories, definitely helps to increase my motivation cause I'd love to be able to give my success story.

I used to subscribe to Slimming & Health, but preferred the WW mag, so only subscribe to it now.

Haven't read Women's Health, but usually love having a flick through the Men's Health whilst I'm in a waiting room.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby bron34 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Womens Health is a good mag, but i love Good Health the best, i seem to get more out of it. Think i might check out the Weight Watchers one though. There are so many of them out there now, i'd go broke buying them all LOL :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wf54RaC/]
[/url]
bron34

Postby MelbGirl08 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Hello,

You should give "Good Health and Medicine" mag a go. Current issue has Debborah Hutton on the cover and comes with a free Pilates DVD...which I'm still to use! LOL

Fewer ads and lots of info. I found it to be a great read.

I only discovered it about 2 months ago when I got all "health-freak" on myself! :D
MelbGirl08

Postby MelbGirl08 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:56 pm

MelbGirl08

Postby bron34 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:39 am

You should give "Good Health and Medicine" mag a go. Current issue has Debborah Hutton on the cover and comes with a free Pilates DVD...which I'm still to use! LOL

OMG... i always thought it was just called Good Health (as i called it a previous post) until i read your post, i never noticed the Medicine in smaller print! LOL...i think i need to wear my glasses more :oops:
I didn't get the pilates dvd with my issue either, must of been on special issues only...bummer :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wf54RaC/]
[/url]
bron34

Postby MelbGirl08 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 pm

bron34 wrote:

OMG... i always thought it was just called Good Health (as i called it a previous post) until i read your post, i never noticed the Medicine in smaller print! LOL...i think i need to wear my glasses more :oops:
I didn't get the pilates dvd with my issue either, must of been on special issues only...bummer :(

Hey,

I get mine from the newsagent...sometimes when you're shopping at Coles or Woolies, people nick them and there's nothing on the mag to indicate that a DVD is included with the issue.

Its a pretty good mag tho, I really enjoy reading it. :D
MelbGirl08

Return to Weight loss Talk