It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

Absolute lack of Motivation

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Absolute lack of Motivation

Postby Karma » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:42 am

Hey all... I started here a couple of weeks ago and then vanished.

I don't know what's up with me lately, but I'm feeling completely unmotivated at -everything- lately. My eating was never all that good, but I used to make it to the gym 4-5 times a week and actually look forward too it. Now I'm only going 2 times a week and thats because I've got PT appointments and I can't not turn up. I feel like I 'can't be bothered' with losing weight anymore.
It's not just weight loss wise, either. I'm studying to get my Cert III in Child Care - I can finish it in a month if I put my mind to it. Knowing that, I haven't done -any- work on it in 2 weeks. Things with my fiance are okay, but I know I'm not making the effort like I used to and I need to - all we do is watch tv and go to sleep, which I don't mind too much but its not healthy if that's all we do. I've even started biting my nails again, which I haven't done since I was 16!

So, yeah, I don't know... if anyone's got anything particularly 'motivational' they want to share or some advice, I'm all ears. I don't know whats going on with me at the moment.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCmINhO/]
[/url]

Re: Absolute lack of Motivation

Postby electrongirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:55 am

well the first thing that comes to mind is your diet. You say you aren't eating all that well.

You'll be surprised how much more energy you have when your eating healthy. Make sure you are getting enough veges/fruit, protein & complex carbs. Eat 3 meals a day and healthy snacks in between if you need.

Also drink water, being dehydrated can make you feel pretty blah!

Also once you start exercising regularly you will get more energy!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:12 am

Hi Karma :)

I often feel like that too...I suffer from depression so normally just out it down to that.

I completely agree with EG - you'll find that once you change your diet, add lots of fresh fruit and veg and the miracle juice - water AND get some exercise, you'll feel so much better. FORCE yourself for a week or two and it becomes increasingly easier :P

I still get very tired, very quickly, but eating well and exercising is now almost a habit that I don't have to think about as much as I used to. I never thought it would help with my depression as much as it has. Don't get me wrong, I still have my days, but I'm much better.

Good luck hun! Big hugs :D

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:11 pm

First of all, I completely agree with Nikki and Ali re diet, water, exercise etc.

The next thing is ask yourself why you wanted to lose weight to begin with. Why was it worth it in the beginning but its not now? We can do ANYTHING we put our minds to, but we have to REALLY want it to get it.

We all hit rough patches and anyone who doesn't is either lying or not human :lol:

I think when you feel unmotivated FORCING yourself to exercise is the best thing, and when you want to eat something you shouldn't be, make yourself exercise instead.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Have you considered making a list of reasons why you should exercise? Write down all the reasons you wanted to lose weight and get fit in the fist place. Write any other reasons you've come across on the way. Visualise what you'll look like and what your life will be like at the end of your journey. Imagine what you'll feel like once you've succeeded. Do the same for your Cert III. How much better will your life be once you're finished it? How much more confident will you feel? Visualise it and feel those feelings now. You will get there and you will feel great when you do. Good luck! I know you can do it!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby silvister » Sat May 31, 2008 9:40 pm

motivation .... matter alot. if some one motivate you , you can do that which you never that you can do that.

so take care about your diet and exercise, if some motivate you to loss weight then you can see that you losse easily.
Last edited by matchbox on Sat May 31, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ADVERTISING IS NOT PERMITTED, THANK YOU
silvister

Postby Athena » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:40 pm

I went through a patch just like that during my VCE. My current theory is that it's a self-defeatest thing, when we sub-consiousely push ourselves in directions that we know will lead to failure. I call it the Great Australian Insecurity Complex. The way out is to convince yourself that you deserve to be happy, healthy and succesful. I don't know if I'm being presumptuouse here and I'm sorry if I am but your story sounds so familiour.

Much love, Athina
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Return to Weight loss Talk