It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:17 am

Free Newsletter

MASSATTACK - IV'E HAD SUCCESS!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: MASSATTACK - IV'E HAD SUCCESS!

Postby claymaka » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Athena what do you mean you don't have to give up coffee?? is it on your green list or are you just still having a coffee or two :lol: actually I am having one a day girls got to have somethings :D thanks jodylee for you pm just sent you one back. My weigh in tomorrow so I will post with my loss hopefully x
claymaka

Postby claymaka » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:52 am

Good Morning all, well I have just hopped on the dreaded scales and I'm happy to report 1kg loss I started my program one week ago but have only been on my supplements for 4 days and the last 2 days have been hectic so I have not been as strict sticking to the green list as I should have been but i'm not complaining i'm very happy :D
claymaka

Postby Athena » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Congrats on your loss. Your making some real progress and should be proud! As for the cofee, no it's not on my green list hence cutting it right down. Eating from the red list is alright in small amounts, and I've chosern cofee as my luxury. I'm slowly going to ween myself off of it, but for now I've just cut it back to a cup every other day.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby surfchick33 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Wow, that's great claymaka - not a bad effort at all! I know what you mean about the coffee Athena - mine is red listed, so I'm pretty much just keeping it to a "treat". I have to say, my skin is looking really good since giving it up. Keep up the good work.
surfchick33

Postby Indi3 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:31 am

Hi I'm not doing massattack but i'm very interested to find out more. Can someone give an example of red and green list please?
Thanks Indi ! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby ruthless » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:59 am

I signed up too! Just waiting for my lists now. Even if it doesn't help my weight loss effort, it'd be great just to get my hormones working properly again.
ruthless

Postby jodylee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well.
I never ended up ordering my supplements or actually starting the program because I was sick. :oops:
But I have found out the reason for being sick, I am 8 weeks pregnant!! I am however watching what I am eating, although it doesn't seem to matter as the morning (afternoon, evening) sickness is so bad I can't keep anything down, not even fluids. :(
I have lost 3kgs though...

At least I have the program now so once the bub is born I can start following it and hopefully ditch this weight!!!

I will still check in to see how everyone is going,
Jody
jodylee

Postby Athena » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Congratulations Jodylee! You should tell the massattack people and maybe they could adjust your program...

Indi3 wrote:Hi I'm not doing massattack but i'm very interested to find out more. Can someone give an example of red and green list please?
Thanks Indi ! :)

Examples (pulled off my lists at random):
Green list:
Avocado, plums, salmon, almond, celery type of stuff
Yellow list:
Pumpkin, beef, oranges, eggs type of stuff
Red list:
potatoes, pork, pasta, ice cream soft drink kind of stuff.
Athena

Postby SarahC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi guys, just popping my head in to let you know that I'll be joining you on the Mass Attack bandwagon :D I just got my program last week and ordered a few of the products, which should be arriving soon.

I just had a Mass Attack Panic Attack though. My red list basically describes all of the foods that I eat on a regular basis!! :shock: The veggies in particular! The veggies I buy every week are basically: cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, beans, carrots, pumpkin and my beloved brussel sprouts (I have 1.3kgs of the jolly things in my fridge at the moment :oops: ). AND I find this out AFTER I return from the fruit and veg market with my weekly shopping!

So, looks like I'm gonna have to start re-jigging my veggie intake. How I'm going to do this, I do not know. But maybe it's worth a try.

But I love broccoli... and brussel sprouts :(

Just wait, next she's gonna tell me I can't have tofu either! :? :?
SarahC

Postby Athena » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:35 pm

At least you now know where the problem is! It's amazeing how some of the stuff we think is healthy is actually bad for our personal little hormone club.
I think your list is a little harsher then mine!
Athena

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:49 am

I know! The best part of my diet, or so I thought, was the masses of veggies! Now I find out they could be doing more harm than good :o

Just been wading through all the stuff about hormones. I think I need another degree to figure it all out.... or maybe it's quite simple and it's my hormonal balance causing mental confusion hahahah!!

Herbal tonic arrived yesterday as well. It smells just lovely, can't wait to try it :P
SarahC

Postby Athena » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:03 pm

We've kinda hijacked this post. i wonder if anyone else is still reading? All that hormonal stuff was a bit of a hike I know. My instinct and training in biology had a fight with my dislexia about wether or not I could understand it. I think biology won. Maybe.
Athena

Postby SarahC » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:39 am

I just found this...
http://thyroid.ultrawellness.com/p/index.php?i=706

Haven't had a chance to look through it yet, but it might help understanding stuff. Maybe explain it in a different way :wink:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Argh sorry I had a bit of a better look at that link... damn sales page!!! Sorry :oops: I'll keep it there though, because it is a quite interesting read... :?
SarahC

Postby surfchick33 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Hiya, just dropping in to say I've almost hit my goal weight! WAHOO!

I've been a bit slack & not logged on for a few weeks .... but I have stuck to my spin class! wow have I missed out on some good chatting!

This a good article about the chick who researched & developed the MA program - i found it googling this morning. She does do alot of writing about hormonal based weight gain & has compiled a few articles in a few mags - if you do a search on her "Narelle Stegehuis" you should be able to download them.

Anyhow this is the article I was talking about. Her story is very compelling - it's great to get behind an every day Aussie Chick who's making a difference in the world! The thing that moves me the most though, is that she has worked really hard to develop the program (she was as single mom when she began researching it ) & it is based on real women like me & you - what I'm trying to say, it's not a glossy high brow corporation that is only in it for the money. I actually sent her a bunch of flowers - she changed my life so much!

http://www.massattack.com.au/mag.pdf

Any how good luck everyone :lol:
surfchick33

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk