It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Free Newsletter

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOOSE YOUR WEIGHT?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOOSE YOUR WEIGHT?

Postby blickstar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:57 pm

I personally lost 43kg with my 2nd son an this time round put on 23kg an i thought it would just fall off like last time but it back fired an it didn't so it's just gotta go!!
I have 3 piles of clothes in my room that i can't gett up over my butt. An these were all my favourites now their gawd damn dream clothes.
hubby told me to gett rid of them they r in the way.
they r in the way because i need to see them.
an as long as they r looking at me an taunting me that my butt is too big to fit them at the the moment. i might just stay motivated enough to get back into them.
Also i miss the compliments about how nice i looked when i was smaller an i want them back!!!
any one else wanna share why the weight has to go??
Blicks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w595PVp/]
[/url]
blickstar

Re: WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOOSE YOUR WEIGHT?

Postby leeni.s2 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:19 pm

i think thats a great idea.. having clothes that you want to wear to remind you why you are doing it.
getting compliments always makes me smile, if they are genuine.
i've only just started to do something about my weight.
i know im fat, but ive never thought of myself as overly overweight.
i was just bigger than everyone else.
and i said to myself that i would NEVER let myself get to the point where i am obese.
but the truth is, i am actually obese.
i started this weight loss journey at 94kg (i havent checked since, im too scared to)
and my bmi is actually 35.
this shocked me so much.
i never thought id ever be obese.

and, what also made me want to do this, was that after spending a weekend away with some friends (at the beach might i add), i realised how uncomfortable i was in my own body because they are all tall, beautiful, thin and fit. whereas i am the total opposite of them. i hated being so self-concious, even infront of my best friends.

so i guess i decided to do this because i wanted to be like them. to be beautiful and thin like them too. but after starting this journey, i realised it is about more than that. its about being healthy and feeling healthy. and i am feeling alot healthier now.

good luck with your journey blickstar, you are gunna be in those dream clothes in no time :)

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Postby Jisgone » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:42 pm

i want to be able to walk into any shop and buy anything i like
i want to just grab something out of my wardrobe and know it looks great
i want to be able to chase my dog when he runs home from the park
i want to be able to go travelling and spend all my money on clothes :P
i want to wear bathers without boardies
i want to be thinner than my mum :P and dad.. and brothers haha
i want to be proud of what i see in the mirror
i want to stop pulling shirts away that cling to my belly rolls
i want to go out wearing tight jeans and a nice sleeveless top without tuckshop arms
i want more room in aeroplane seats!

ide continue but ide take allll day haha
Jisgone

Postby LaurenJ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:36 am

Call me shallow, but I just want to walk in a pub and have men drool over me, yeah, and I want a boyfriend.
Image Me BeforeImageMe After
LaurenJ

Postby lng86 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:55 am

I want to lose weight so that I look on the outside how I feel on the inside.

Every other outcome of weight loss is just an added bonus :wink:
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:01 am

I want to be happy and proud to be in my own skin.
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:30 am

I want to loose weight for my health and to feel comfortable looking at my body in the mirror. i have a fantastic life why shouldnt i have the fantastic health and body to go with it :D
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Tarz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:40 am

I figue, i am 21, and i am too embarassed about my size to go out and have fun i need to do something. I couldn't run 100m without puffing like crazy, i would be embarrased at all photos of me. I should be living life with confidence. I want to be able to go to the beach without looking like i have hoped into the water with all my clothes on. I want to look good on my wedding day. I want to be able to go for a long run. I want to be healthy.
Tarz

Postby wagirl » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi I hope you don't mined someone else dropping in.
I agree with everyone's reason's to get healthy and slim.
I too have boxes of clothes, both bigger and smaller sizes that I am to scared to throw out incase I need them again.
I have been a yoyo dieter for the past 13 years. :oops:
And if anyone gets new clothes, it is normally my two littlies.
I have just turned thirty and I am also getting married this year, I want to look fantastic on my wedding day.
My fiance is so energetic and is always doing something, and I too want to be like this, not a coach potato, like I am now.
I hate being depressed, having no energy (most days I don't have the energy to do the house work, let alone run around after a 1 and 3 year old) and what I hate the most is always wearing the same thing, or not knowing what to wear.

I enjoy reading everyones progress.
keep up the good work everyone :D
wagirl

Postby Diminishing » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:48 pm

I want to be able to run long distances without hurting myself... and of course I wanna look HAWT while doing so! :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby katerina » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:37 pm

I don't have to loose much, just a 4-5 kg. But I really need to change my shape :mrgreen: .
Everyone told me that is crazy to try too look good when I have a loving husband that accept me how I am. But.... I see in his eyes, that when I look good he wants me, he is crazy about me, and this make me feel like a princess, like a diva.
I want to have this feeling..., even if now I am pregnant :D. Who said that pregnancy is not sexy :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: .
Maybe I am superficial, but i really want admiration, it makes me feel good
Not a very good english speaker, but I am tryin'

katerina

Postby kittykat84 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:35 pm

I want to lose weight to reduce my risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer. I have a strong family history with all of the above and I don't want to die prematurely. I love life and I want to live it healthily and happily.
kittykat84

Postby Roar2Life » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:28 pm

I'd have to be honest and say i'm extremely self concious and lack self confidence. One of my best friends actually told me that I should have more self confidence. Basically I just don't like the way I look. I want my arms and legs to be trim, I want to do a triathlon, I want to wear a bikini and look good but most of all I want to be able to wear anything and feel confident.
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby Mangokouie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:10 am

The shortened version:
~ to gain confidence
~ to be healthier
~ to keep up in activities
~ prevent diabetes

The longer version:

Confidence: I am a clarinet performance major in school. Therefore with my recitals I alone am on stage (in dresses and makeup and such), and everyone is focused on me. And right now I"m uncomfortable because I keep thinking "are they looking at my love handles/gut?" I think if I can go out there feeling great, I would wow the audience with my playing and appearance.

Healthier: All my life, I've blamed being out of breath because of "asthma". However, everything nowadays can be blamed on that. I've also told people "I'm really not that bad, I have a ton of muscle, but it's covered in some fat". And I want to stop lying to myself and others.

Activities: I am in my university's marching band, and it really takes a lot out of you. During band camp (no stories please >_< ) we go over 15 hours in physical activity. After a few days of that, I don't want to even move. Also, my back tends to be like a faucet with sweat. So either by being in shape my back will A. stop sweating so much or B. I can wear just a sports bra (like other girls) and not worry about my tummy.

Diabetes: Yeah, I don't even know if I'm spelling it right. My mom has it, my uncle has it, my grammy had it. It's in the family and I definitely do not want it. My mom and uncle are both very obese, and I don't want to turn out like that either. I want to enjoy life without having to stick pins and needles into my skin.
Mangokouie

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk