It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Free Newsletter

fell of the wagon big time, need some encouragement

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

fell of the wagon big time, need some encouragement

Postby sunshine » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Well you may remember me, I had started my fitness/diet plan in Nov with a 3 month plan to be checked on Feb 14. Well I am here to say I have completely failed and need to confess my sins :oops: I was going so well, I had lost 3 kilos, 3 percent body fat, 21 cm by doing my gym workout 3 times per week and walking every other day and eating right. The gym closed over xmas for 2 weeks, I kept walking, then we went away in Jan, I was supposed to get back into it when we got home, but I have done the complete opposite.

I have basically done nothing in Jan and Feb, gone back to my old eating habits, and probably worse than before, and feel like,crap. I am so tired, have a sore back, am getting cranky more often!!!! and feel so p***ed off with myself for being so slack. Every week, I have been saying to myself, next week I will start again, rejoin the gym, stop eating Red Rooster Chips and Strips for lunch, or bread!! but I have just lost all motivation. Well I still have motivation but can't seem to start. I bet I have put the kilos back on again, and my waist that was looking so trim is starting to thicken again. Also I have been drinking too much alcohol again, prob 3/4 nights per week.

There so I have confessed my sins, don't be too hard on me :( I am, no I will do it Monday I am joining the gym and getting back into it. Tommorrow (Sunday) will prob be a right off anyway, I suppose I just need to hear some words that I am not completely hopeless and that I can do it all again, because the truth is when I was fit and eating right, I felt wonderful. Oh last week I started dance lessons, every Tue night and I loved that so I will continue. Thanks for listening.
sunshine

Re: fell of the wagon big time, need some encouragement

Postby shelbel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi ya sunshine! Well first off i'll give it to you straight- well done for coming back to the forum at all!!!! Seriously this is a big step, alot of people would simply write it off saying things like 'i cant do it, its too hard' or the classic 'ive stuffed up and eaten this or that, so its all over now' You have realised that it doesnt have to be the end of your weightloss journey and that my friend is a major key to success. Its ok to stray from the path, we all have bad eating times, be it xmas/new years, easter (can you feel the dread? :roll: ) or holidays, times when you should be able to let your hair down and relax your eating and more importantly, enjoy the moment. To me it sounds like your ready to have another crack at it and work hard to achieve your goals!

Good luck sunshine, keep us posted on how you go with the gym and dance classes, feel free to start a progress page in any of the progress sections as ive found the encouragement and support is great, through the good and the bad times!! Best of luck to you! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Diminishing » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:48 am

Oh sweets.......I have been where you are, I really have, and probably will do again....you are NOT hopeless.......

truth is when I was fit and eating right, I felt wonderful

Concentrate on THAT feeling.

Write a plan. Write some affirmations. Write some mini-goals and include mini rewards.

Hop back on the wagon and within just a few days that "mental lightness" will return.........
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby Sussy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:05 am

Hey mate, you'll get back on track and then feel great again, I'm sure we all do this and i myself am currently repairing damage that i did over Christmas and even from just last week after falling off the wagon BIG TIME. It is hard and it takes alot of committment but you've done it before and you want to do it again so I'm sure with that determination alone you will. Try to remember how great you feel when you eat right and exercise well and how crap you feel eating crappy food, both in mind and body.

I know i feel miserable when i eat rubbish and always tell myself "i need to lose weight, I should eat properly and do more exercise" and generally after a few failed attempts i get back on track, and my motto is "STOP SAYING IT AND START DOING IT!!!" It's up to us and only we can fix it.

Also try to keep in mind that Red Rooster and whatever other things you like are ALWAYS there and you don't need to have them ALL the time, they're not going anywhere. Treat yourself occasionally and eat well the rest of the time. YOU CAN DO IT, if i can, you can. :)

Don't feel too bad, we all do this and at least we are here and trying to do something about it, that's a start at least.

YOU GO GIRL!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :) :) :)
Sussy

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:44 pm

I know what it 's like to lose motivation like that... and starting next week stays at starting next week and so it never happens. So the thing to do is just put one foot in front of the other and begin - the rest will follow. I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mummyof3 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:11 am

Hi sunshine,
everyone, falls of the wagon at some stage, it's not why or how you fall,but It's all bout picking yourself back up. I also had a bit of a holiday, havent trained properly since last year, actually I am returning back to the gym tomorrow.... You can do this, just get straight back into it, I know it seems like the hardwork, previously has just been in vain, but dont think of it as such, Just jump back on honey, I'm right behind ya....Just like MW said, one foot in front off the other.....

your be alright.....
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Return to Weight loss Talk