It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:02 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mangokouie » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:31 pm

Greetings all ^_^

I've been thinking about taking either vitamins or supplements to further put goodies in my system. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I should try? I don't even know any good trustworthy brand names since I'm new to the country :(

Re: Vitamins

Postby GumBoots » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:30 pm

I alternate between and berroca and a womans multivitamin. Some mornings I just cant stomach tablets. I think I take the herrons one.

Postby healthykym » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:26 pm

Admin Censored has a good range of vitamin supplements as well as energy supplements and a lot of others also. They are a trusted brand, have been in Australia for 25 years and are in 60 other countries. If you want more information on these products, just let me know, i'd be happy to help.

Postby electrongirl » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:08 am

Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby MagicGirl79 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:54 am

I take a multi-vitamin purely because I feel that even though I eat fairly healthy, in our current day, I'm not convinced I get everything I need from my food.

I take Centrum and I've also used Herron Women's Multivitamin. I've found both very good.

I also take Glucosamine with Fish Oil because I know that my joints need extra help with all the extra pressure that my weight puts on them, particularly my knees. They used to make horrible crunching noises when walking uphill and up stairs, but since taking the Glucosamine the crunching has dramatically reduced.

Postby Karnak » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:08 am

I try and take a multi and a couple of others each day from my "selection". I have a good diet but figure taking a "cover all bases" approach helps. I use the brand Blackmores as it fared really well in the Choice Reports but like all things brand is a personal choice thing. I see that your in Melbourne, for decent prices on any vitamin brand check out some of the discount chemists, I find I can save 30% on most supermarket prices.

My vitamin list is as follows :

Womens Multi Vitamin
Iron -
Antioxidants (Blackmores Bio Ace Excell)
Bio Magnesium (supposed to help with muscle cramps and I do a lot of running)
Evening Primrose Oil (one of the plant Omega oils)
Flaxseed Oil (another of the plant Omega oils)
Fish Oil (a non plant Omega oil)

Non tablet boosts :

Malt Extract - Its like honey, you have it generally by the tablespoon and its full of the B group Vitamins
LSA - Linseed, Sunflower and Almond Meal - All full of proteins and Omega's, I just sprinkle a tablespoon over my cereal
Psylium Husks - Pure fibre in its natural form, got it as a reccy from someone on here, again, just sprinkle on the cereal or pop in the bolognaise / smoothies.

Return to Weight loss Talk