It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:54 am

Free Newsletter

back again..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

back again..

Postby Nay » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi there...again...I seem to come and go from these boards a lot, depending on how busy life gets!!!

Now I'm back again, and I'm still at a similar weight that I was when I first joined, and the weight just keeps on creeping up, GRR!!!

I'm starting study this week, along with part time work, so i have to cancel my gym membership for financial reasons and time issues. So its all up to me and my imagination on how to get to a weight I am happy with.

I must admit that I am a lazy person...i will find every excuse under the sun not to exercise. I tell myself to get up early and jump on the cross trainer, but when the alarm goes off, i switch it off and go back to sleep. I hate sweating, exercise makes me uncomfortable,I have no energy, I have no time...I'm sure everyone has used or heard these excuses before. I'm the person who sits down at night watching The Biggest Loser with a block of chocolate in her lap!!!

I'm having trouble finding the energy to do things and fit it in my already busy day. I work part time, study part time, have a 7 year old daughter to take care of, a house to clean, dinner to cook and study to do...where do you find motivation after doing all of this!!!

Mind you, I don't have much weight to lose...I would be happy with 5 kilos and a bit of toning, but the real challenge is maintaining my weight. I'm an emotional eater - I eat when I'm bored, I eat when I'm upset, I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm nervous etc, etc, etc.

I have been making conscious decisions to make healthy food choices but sometimes my will gets the better of me and it only lasts a few days. Then I throw the towel in. My clothes are getting tighter and due to lack of funds, I can't buy anymore! Hopefully , the start of study this week can be a start of a new phase of my life for the better. If anyone can give me some hints or tips or motivation that would be most helpful.

So here I am, back to start again, and hopefully change some of my bad habits. Lets see how I go. Wish me luck!!!

Re: back again..

Postby holly80 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Welcome back. I am new too, good luck. I am sure you will do great :D

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!

Return to Weight loss Talk