It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:08 am

Free Newsletter

Guilt about eating

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Guilt about eating

Postby bron34 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Does anybody else feel guilty about eating, even if it's healthy food? I know that i should look at it as refuelling my body, but i still feel so guilty when i eat....even if it's a nectarine. The relationship with food is such a hard thing to balance, i either cave in and eat crap for a week or feel guilty and starve myself, can't seem to find a balance. Anybody else feel this way? Stupid question...alot of people probably feel this way, think i'm just venting from frustration :?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wf54RaC/]
[/url]
bron34

Re: Guilt about eating

Postby ali76 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Hey Bron,

Yeah, I used to (and sometimes still do) have massive food guilt. The thing that helped me with this was Calorie King. If it fits into my daily calorie in take, then it's normally ok and I don't need to feel too guilty. I do get it with healthy food too, cos even too much of that isn't good. I love fruit but try to keep it to only 2 pieces a day....if I have 3 or more, I feel guilty. I also try not to eat carbs after 4pm and if I do I feel guilty and like I'm a failure or cheated, etc. :oops:

I guess it's all about moderation and eduction??

If I had a magic cure to fix it, I'd be VERY rich!!!

Don't be too hard on yourself :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Cac33 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:29 pm

I don't feel guilty about eating healthy foods but I do about the quantity. I find keeping a food journal helpful that way I can see exactly what I have put in my body & look at it more rationally. Everything in moderation.

Try to be positive & don't beat yourself up about it

Cass
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby bron34 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Yep i LOVE fruit too, more than any junk food surprisingly, so when i learnt i could only have two to three pieces a day i was devastated :(
If you do happen to find that magical cure one day though, i want first dibs on it okay, LOL :)
[/url]
bron34

Postby ali76 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:36 pm

bron34 wrote:Yep i LOVE fruit too, more than any junk food surprisingly, so when i learnt i could only have two to three pieces a day i was devastated :(

I was under the illusion that if it was 'good for you' or was low fat, you could eat as much as you like....sigh....ignorance was bliss!!!

bron34 wrote:If you do happen to find that magical cure one day though, i want first dibs on it okay, LOL :)

Sure....but it'll cost ya!!! :mrgreen: 8)
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby bferbear » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:38 pm

I am lucky in some respects. On the diet my PT has set me I am eating around 2600-3000 calories a day and am still losing 1.5kgs a week. Ever since I increased the amount I was eating as well as regulating the times I eat the weight started dropping off. Don't ever feel guilty for eating healthy food, it defeats the purpose. Eat knowing that you are doing it in order to lose weight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby bron34 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:54 pm

[/quote]Sure....but it'll cost ya!!! :mrgreen: 8)[/quote]

Thats okay, i'm willing to pay anything for a magic cure LOL :)

BTW - thank you to all that have replied, i really appreciate the support and feel better already :)
[/url]
bron34

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:53 pm

The only time I feel guilt is when I'm not in control of my eating i.e. when I go off in a tangent and binge. binge, binge.

You shouldn't feel guilty for eating good nutritious food.

Also carbs aren't a bad food. It is food that fuels our bodies. All foods in huge quantities are fatal for weight loss
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 pm

For so long I used to analyse EVERYTHING that went into my mouth, no matter what it was. I don't do it much anymore but I do catch myself every now and then.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Return to Weight loss Talk