It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

SO EXCITED started again today!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

SO EXCITED started again today!!

Postby sunshine » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi everyone, I am so excited and keen to get back into my fitness/diet plan. I went to the gym today and revised my programme with my trainer and had my measurements redone. Since having my 2 month slack off break :oops: I have put back on 2 kilos and I am not sure about the rest because I don't want to compare my measurement with my previous ones.

Anyway I am determined to stick with it and see some results. My cardio is still good, which I am happy about. The big thing for me is stopping the bad stuff like alcohol. I was getting to the stage where I was having alcohol 4 nights per week. I really want to stop all alcohol for a while because I have one glass of wine, then another ecetera :oops: I am not sure if I can do it, DO YOU THINK I CAN DO IT??? Because I want to see a big difference on the scales, to spur me on and I know wine etc will slow my weight loss, so I am thinking just say a definate no for a while and see what difference that makes.

Another problem I have is that if I sit down to watch tv at night, I like to have something to eat, usually the old fave chocolate, or a little snack, how do you stop this, I have a cuppa tea then, and it feels lonely without a biscuit (gawd) So theres my two vices, alcohol and eating at night. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your support, I love this site :D

Oh one other question, can you recommend a healthy bread, I hear Burgens bread is ok.

Re: SO EXCITED started again today!!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Good luck with cutting down on alcohol. I know that's my achilles heel when it comes to weight loss! One tip I learned while doing Weight Watchers was to have white wine spritzers instead of just wine. Just mix white wine with an equal part of soda water. It halves your calories, rehydrates you while you drink and increases your drinking stamina and you get less drunk meaning fewer hangovers. I've found it works wonders. I used to go through a bottle a night on weekends. Now a bottle lasts several nights and it honestly tastes even better than straight wine (or maybe I'm just used to it!)

Good luck!

Return to Weight loss Talk