It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:39 pm

Free Newsletter

emotions and dieting

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

emotions and dieting

Postby holly80 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:46 pm

When trying to lose weight, do you think emotions play a big role in it. Like do you think if you really want it, you will do it kind of thing?

I kinda feel I am not doing well, and its my first week. I am not sure if anyone is reading my daily progress but it does doesnt look like its going to well, now i read back on it. :oops:

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: emotions and dieting

Postby hysterical_oliver » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Emotions are what control what we do and how we act/react, pretty simple :mrgreen: It takes a lot to overcome your emotions if you are going to try.

From my experience when it comes to wanting to do it I had to be in the right emotional state to start my current weightloss endeavour. My mother first took me to Jenny Craig when I was nine years old and I have been on and off diets since then (I'm 24 now). Even through constant disapproving looks from my closest family it wasn't until I decided that enough was enough and I was going to do it myself. Knowing that I made the choice to do all this and make a lifestyle change was/is what gives me the self discipline to actually get through the tough times and the confectionery isle lol

I'm not saying that it can't be done using other methods but the way I see it is along the lines of you may get to your goal weight but without making a commitment to yourself to change what you're doing, it wont last in long run.
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Re: emotions and dieting

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Thankd god last week is over and today i said goodbye to that meant alot to me. The funeral was very hard but I know his in a good place and will some how look after his family from up there.

Emotions do play on my mind alot. I tend to pig out on take away when I am stressed or upset. I really need to work on that and find strategies on working on new solutions. I am happy with my 600gram loss, only because it takes me below 85kg but I am also quiet angry at myself for eating so much crap.

I suppose I just got to remember, sometimes life throws things at you that are stressful and its ok to have a few emotions off days.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Return to Weight loss Talk