It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:22 am

Free Newsletter

I'm Back Baby, Yeah!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm Back Baby, Yeah!

Postby phatcappy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Hey guys, Just returned from my trip to South East Asia, and thought id just say hello and maybe share a photo or two.

I went to Thailand and Laos and on the whole i loved it. Towards the end of my trip there was a bit of drama, i fell into the Mekong river and smashed my face on the rocks and almost drowned (Was knocked out, luckily some tourists i were with helped me). For those of you who don't know there arnt really Hospitals in Loas, and the ones that are there you are more likely to catch a disease than get fixed. So for the last couple of weeks i had to just self medicate (at least you can get any type of medication without prescription) and yeah it kinda really sucked. Upon returning to Australia i went to the hospital and had xrays, and it turns out i fractured my skull :( .

But other than that the trip was awesome, and i recommend a trip to SE Asia to everyone, the people are so beautiful there, i felt very disappointed apon stepping foot back in sydney airport only to be greeted my comparatively grumpy shitty people once more :(
Start Weight: 109 Kg's

Current Weight: 91.2 Kg's

Mini Goal Weight:90 Kg's

Ultimate Goal Weight: 83 Kg's
phatcappy

Re: I'm Back Baby, Yeah!

Postby phatcappy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:10 pm

Hmm wont let me edit my post for some reason, but i forgot to mention i lost a tonne of weight while i was away, i was around 109Kg's about a month before i left, im now at 91.2 Kg's :)

phatcappy

Postby phatcappy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:21 pm

An Elephant Sanctuary At Ayuthaya Thailand

Meekong Delta At Vang Vieng Laos Where I had My Accident

Taken today, that red mark on my foread is actually a dent from the fracture, its healing up but i'll have a scar :(

phatcappy

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Oh my god, I can't believe that accident happened to you, that is full on :shock:

I'm glad you're ok but I can't believe you had to endure a fractured skull until you got home :shock:

The photos are great, I LOVE the one of the elephant and you're looking great too :D

Well done on losing an almost whopping 18kgs on your trip! How long were you away for? What were you eating? Did you do heaps of exercise? Well done, that is so impressive!

Good to have you back, and in 1 piece - just!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby phatcappy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Fiona25 wrote:Oh my god, I can't believe that accident happened to you, that is full on :shock:

I'm glad you're ok but I can't believe you had to endure a fractured skull until you got home :shock:

The photos are great, I LOVE the one of the elephant and you're looking great too :D

Well done on losing an almost whopping 18kgs on your trip! How long were you away for? What were you eating? Did you do heaps of exercise? Well done, that is so impressive!

Good to have you back, and in 1 piece - just!

Thanks Fiona :)

I was away a month and a half, and all i ate was the local cuizine from the side street vendors. My mate wouldnt touch the stuff and just ate western food ( affraid of food poisoning lol). Strange I ate more there than i do at home and i didnt really do much dedicated exercice. (that said we mooved around heaps and i carried a 30 kilo pack). Since being back ive started to put on weight slowly again, so i just gotta get back into my old regime, gunna be hard tho :(

phatcappy

Postby Fireball » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Wow sounds like you were relly lucky that things weren't worse. Glad you enjoyed your trip and fantastic that you lost weight as well. I've never been overseas. :mrgreen: Looking at your adventure really has got me excited. I am going to try to arrange something for this year. Any tips would be appreciated as I am an ignoramous about this stuff. :lol:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:14 am

I can't believe you fractured your skull and self-medicated to treat it. You poor thing! The hospitals must have been terrible for you to want to do that. I hope you recover quickly. Congrats on your weight loss. Sounds like you had a brilliant time there (aside from breaking your head!) and those are some wonderful photos you took.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Weight loss Talk