It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:15 am

Free Newsletter

Seeing a girlfriend I havent seen for years

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Seeing a girlfriend I havent seen for years

Postby Groovychic » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:26 pm

Tomorrow a girlfriend, whom I haven't seen for about 7 years, is coming to visit. Last time she saw me I was about 10kgs lighter and now I feel rather embarrassed. She is bringing her new boyfriend....another embarrassment because he is a model and a kickboxing instructor :oops: ......and I am just a frumpy thing at the moment!!! She is a stunner. Always has been. And I feel very humble around her. Thats sort of why I haven't gone out of my way to see her for the last however many years its been. We went to school together. Started kindy together etc. So I'm not looking forward to it. I know deep down that it will all be fine and there really isn't much I can do about it but it's still a little frustrating that she is going to see me this size. It's like going to a school reunion, except I only had 1 days notice!!! So I will just hold my head high and smile and tell her I am happy with my life! Which is true, just not 100% happy with my weight! But hey that's ok.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:48 pm

Rochelle, you are a very special person and that is why your friend is dying to catch up with you. Be yourself and talk about anything and everything including your weight struggles. I have a male model visit me 3 times per year and believe me he's too excited about talking about himself and whats new in his life to even notice I'm fat.
Relax and be your sweet charming self (besides you are quite slim now anyway)
hugs
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:59 am

Thanks Dolly but I will tell you the real reason behind the visit. She is having an affair with this fella and she has told her husband her and her girlfriend are coming down here!!! So it's sort of to see me but also to have an excuse to get away with him. She dragged me into it when we were in Jurien Bay as well and I wasn't too impressed. I told her I won't lie if her husband calls. So she has to take that chance herself. They are sort of seperated but he doesnt know about the other fella! I just hope my partner doesn't say anything inappropriate! Which he probably will. He tells it like he sees it! But if it upsets her if he says anything he shouldn't well too bad. She is the one with the problem, not me! And yes I have lost a little, so thank goodness for that! I feel much more confident about myself at the moment. Would love to be a bit smaller, but that will come. Was hoping for a miracle overnight and wake up being a size 10......damn fairy forgot to come tho!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi Rochelle, you are right in making the choice to stay out of it.
If your friend is separated then it's not really classed as an affair even if her ex doesn't know who or if she's currently dating anyone (he's probably hoping she'll come back one day, and she might if she finds fault with her current man)

If only people would stop romanticising about finding a soulmate. There are millions of soulmates out there for each and everyone of us it's just a matter of finding someone compatible with our way of thinking and making it work through the rough times instead of trying to find someone better when the magical lust dies after 2 years or when the times get tough.

If her ex rings up and asks if she's having a relationship with anyone, I'd say you're not going to talk about your friend behind her back, if he wishes to know anything he can ask her himself.

Just enjoy your time with your friend and let her make her own decisions or mistakes. Crack open a bottle of spumante and reminis about the good ol' days.

hugs
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:25 am

Well it was good to see her. She is coming back for dinner tonight as well. But she looks old. Well not old exactly but older than I would have expected. Which made me feel a little better as I have aged nicely I guess. I don't have too may wrinkles yet!!! She has been in the sun a lot, something I don't get a huge amount of unnecessarily! And she has died her hair a real bleached blonde and it just looks too much. Plus she was in young girls clothes and all combined just made her look older than the 33 years that we are! And he is a twat! Very immature. It's not that I dislike him, but I think grow up mate. He has done this security thing a bit and was name dropping so I pretended not to know the people he was talking about. I did know but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction!!! But it was lovely to see her. I think she still hasn't made up her mind about her husband yet. She is having a lot of fun with this guy, who at least has left his wife recently, supposedly not for my friend. But that's their business. It's their choices that will affect them and their family. It doesn't affect me whatsoever. Like I said I only see her every now and then! So I feel fine and confident and I don't really care what they think!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:19 pm

I hope he isn't one of those guys that is blackmailing her to leave her husband otherwise he'll tell the husband about the affair.

I'd let your friend know that a Jennifer Aniston blonde might look a lot nicer with her colouring (that's what friends are for) :D
Dolly

Return to Weight loss Talk