It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Free Newsletter

What the hell???

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What the hell???

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:44 am

Ok guys, I am in serious need of your help. I have just officially hit panic mode with my weight.

2 weeks ago on the Sunday I weighed in at 58.6kgs. Went away on hols for a week and was very good Mon/Tues but had on average 2500 calorie days from wed-sat BUT I was doing heaps of exercise burning on average 700 cals a day off.

Anyway, last Sunday we came home and i've been eating VERY well, 1200-1400 calories daily, not eating past 7:30pm, exercising each day, getting lots of sleep, drinking lots of water etc. Well here is my problem with my daily weigh ins. I normally weigh in each morning but only take notice of my Sunday weigh ins but this is different.

Sunday 62kgs (I suspected this was mainly junk food fluid which is what often happens

Monday 59.2kgs

Tuesday - 59.5kgs

Wednesday - 59.8kgs

Thursday - 60kgs

Friday - 60.2kgs

Saturday (this morning) - 60.7kgs :shock:

I have NO idea what my body is doing but I am stressing out bad now. This morning I feel extremelly bloated but I don't know why that is. TTOM isn't until end of next week so that has nothing to do with it and I cannot be pregnant, that would just be too big of a miracle.

So i've worked out that while away, with net calories and all, i've eat 3500 MAX too much so that should make a gain of no more than 1/2 a kg (1/2 kg per 4000 calories) I religiously count ALL calories on CK.

Please help! What do you think might be going on? Surely I can't have gained over 2kgs in 2 weeks where i've been mostly good??? And when the hell will my weight stop going up?
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Re: What the hell???

Postby GumBoots » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:13 am

I have no idea but I am glad I am not a daily weigher (I think it would do my head in). I would just look at the Sunday, than the Saturday which means you have lost 1.3 kgs...
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:23 am

Actually even if my weight is the same tomorrow as it was this morning, that will make it a gain of 2.1kgs :cry:

Fiona25

Postby Sussy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:43 am

Hey mate,

i agree with the daily weighing doing your head in, prob only do it once a week if possible, it's too stressful and depressing otherwise. :shock:

Could just be water retention if you've eaten lots of salt (or sodium), or something as simple as that.

I wouldn't stress too much, i'm sure if you're sticking to your low daily calorie intake, it will adjust itself back to normal in a few days. :)

You enjoyed your holiday though didn't you....and how often do you do that? :wink:

Now, Fiona...... STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!!!!! :lol:

Suse
Sussy

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:04 am

The scales are now in the cupboard until tomorrow morning.

The last 2 days i've only weighed myself once a day, normally I weight 3-4 x a day :oops:

I think I need to make a pledge about not touching the scales for a week, I don't know if I could do it though :oops:

Normally daily weighing keeps me on track because I see my weight creep down bit by bit each day, but this week its nearly given me a heart attack!

Ok...off to the pledge section now :oops:

Fiona25

Postby bferbear » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:57 am

It might just be that regardless of your own thoughts on the matter, and regardless of the extra work you are doing, that 62kgs is your optimum weight and your body is doing its best to get you there and keep you there. As long as you feel healthy, and your clothes are fitting ok, I would not stress about it too much, just relax and enjoy being fit and healthy. Put the scales away for at least 10-14 days, don't even think about them.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:01 am

Oh Bear if that is the case I will HATE my body forever! I did plateau at 62kgs, then steadily lost another 3.4kgs. Surely I can't have put that on in 4 days - thats not right or fair!

Have made my pledge, putting the scales away for 7 days...will see what my body does over a week.

Fiona25

Postby bferbear » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:03 am

I was scared I had put on 3.4kgs after last nights dinner, let alone over several days. My boss and his wife are going away for 8 weeks and wanted to empty out the house of food, so she prepared a Lebanese banquet for about 20 people, except there were 6 of us.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:27 am

Hey Fiona,

I hate scales and the power they hold over us :evil:

Scales aren't the end and be all. At the end of the day its just a number. I remember a former member stating this and it's stuck in my head ever since (thanks Madz :D ) No one knows by looking at you how much you weigh (if you are getting close to your optimum body weight), unless you tell them and from having read previous post of yours you've definitely gone down dress sizes so that is fabulous.

What you have to take into account is your body frame/structure and I've seen your holiday snaps and you've got a beautifully toned physic. No flabby bits :D I'm pushing myself at the gym to lower my body fat percentage its still high and my trainer wants me to reset my goal weight to 50kgs (WTF?!? lol) I'll stick to 55 and re-evaluate, though he might have a point cos last time I was 55kgs I was still soft and wobbly :lol: would kill to have a physic like yours, I'm struggling to build muscles...oops back to your post hehehe

Have you thought that you could have gained muscle instead of fat?

Have you taken measurements? That's the best indication. You could be gaining muscle and losing centimeters. I would much rather be heavier having gained the muscle as muscle needs the fat to fuel them, so it's constantly burning fat :D - Does that make sense hahahaha :roll:

Yep definitely put the scales away or better yet get hubby to hide them and give them to you on Sunday mornings only. That way you can't be tempted to have sneak mid week peaks and get disappointed and you have the week to look forward to for a loss. I know if I jumped on the scale everyday I wouldn't get excited over the measly loses I've been having of late :lol:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby electrongirl » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:29 am

it could be that your ovulating. If TTOM isn't due for a while, this could be it. You can gain fluid weight during ovulation just as you can when its TTOM.

Being a woman is great ain't it!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Mandie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:50 am

Fiona - you've done so well.. remember, you shouldn't be taking notice of your daily weigh ins anyway! I think you are gaining muscle as you are exercising so much.. I bet you are toning up!

Last week the scales showed a gain of 300g for me... BUT it was the first week that my jeans started falling down and I could take them off without undoing them! So something was going right! I reckon you need to start doing waist measurements (and hip and everywhere else) and checking those fortnightly/monthly.. that will keep you on track!

And as Nikki said, you're probably ovulating and have some fluid retained.. you have to remember not to get too hung up on the number on the scales.. I KNOW it's easier said than done - but try! I think staying off the scales for 7 days is a great idea, best of luck with your pledge!
Mandie

Postby SarahC » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:57 pm

Fluid sucks the big one!!! That's all it will be, very offputting nonetheless!

I've been doing the daily weighing thing as well for the last couple of weeks. I don't know if this helps or not, but working backwards from today... 49.9, 50.4, 50.6, 51.0, 50.6, 49.8, 49.8, 50.1, 50.5, 50.6, 50.9, 51.2... such variety :lol: Pick a number, any number, and that could be my weight lol.

You are doing so well Fiona, don't let the silly numbers on the scales get you down :)
SarahC

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:18 pm

Thanks you guys, you've all made me feel much better.

The scales are hidden! And you know what? I feel like a massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Knowing that I cannot/WILL NOT weigh in for a whole week feels great. I can just stay in my routine of good nutrition and exercise and see what next Sunday brings and even if i'm totally upset by what the scales say I know that i've done EVERYTHING in my power to try and acheive a good result.

I went shopping today and I just got a fly buys card so switched from woolies to coles, coles has SO much more variety and is a much bigger store so I was in there for over an hour checking out lables on different food :lol: I bought HEAPS of stuff, my fridge and pantry are choca block, over $300 later :oops: So I have a house full of great food and what I believe to be a great plan of attack this week:

1. 90mins exercise or more EVERY DAY (except thurs/fri which will be 1hr)

2. A good 3ltrs of water on those 90min days (I've been slack lately having 1.5-2ltrs)

3. Choosing at least 1 exercise in my 30min blocks that REALLY gets my heart rate up and makes me work up a good sweat.

4. No weigh ins to get distracted AND I can look forward to a *hopefully* great weigh in come Sunday

5. Eating some different foods and doing some different exercises to hopefully shake things up with my body to my favour

6. Only 1 treat this week. Coffee and cake with friends on Tuesday, possibly a strawberry freddo frog on another day (worked into my calories of course :wink: )

So i'm feeling positive again for this week!

Fiona25

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Wow thats a lot of excerise. Good on you.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby corolla_chick » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:51 pm

good luck with your pledge! i find it hard to stay off the scales as well. hope your hard work this week pays off on sunday :)
beck :D

corolla_chick

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk