It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:14 am

Free Newsletter

I Feel Soooo Guilty!!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I Feel Soooo Guilty!!!!

Postby Stamatta » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi All,

I started a weight loss journey/new way of life in October 2005 with one of my dearest friends who has encouraged and supported me to no end...she has been amazing. I have come a long way in the past 6 months losing a total of 35kgs...however I see such sadness in my friend as she witnesses my progress whereas she herself has only lost about 5 kgs. She knows that she is responsible for her own progress and would like to be stronger but just doesn't seem to be able to stop giving into temptation. I support and encourage her with every fiber of my being also. Her mum rang me the other day to tell me that she is in constant tears and is sayings like "why can't I lose weight like my friends" etc etc. It hurts me to know that she is so down...but I really don't know how to encourage her more and praise her more than I already am...I would love to hear your views on this topic because I sooo want my friend to feel good about herself.

Many Thanks

Lilli
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Stamatta

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi Lilli, welcome to the forum.
perhaps your friend needs a blood test at the doctors to check if she is suffering from Hypothyroidism or not.
Even though I occasionally indulged in a high caloric foods I still allowed for it in my daily food allowance. Unfortunately no matter how I tried to lose weight I could only gain and re lose the same 5 kilo over and over. If she checks with her doctor and finds she does have a thyroid gland problem she will be given a prescription for a daily thyroxine tablet which will turn her metabolism back on.

hugs
Dolly

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:33 pm

I am the same my weight always fluctuates between 102 and 96 kg . once i reach 96 i self sabotage myself and the weight comes back on . Its like a cycle . Hopefully now i can break that cycle as i am now as i am learning to deal with my inner demons
hugs and love
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Angel » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:23 pm

I wonder if you suggested to her to keep a food and exercise diary and helped her go through it weekly/fortnightly to suggest ways of improving things. Sometimes people work best when they have to own up to someone . . .

or you could suggest doing an exercise session or two together each week.

It's a hard one because until she decides not to give into temptation, or at least do it in moderation, there is not much you can do to help.

Definitely get her to go to the doctors to rule out any health reasons for not being able to lose weight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Thank-You So Much

Postby Stamatta » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:16 am

I will definatley suggest to my friend that she goes and has a blood test and a chat with her Doctor...I think that if she were to keep a food journal it would allow her to visually look back on what she actually did eat throughout the day and how much etc etc

My thanks to you all for your time :D

Hugs
Stamatta

Return to Weight loss Talk