It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight Loss accelerate

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight Loss accelerate

Postby miszmez » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:47 pm

My name is Mary-Ann and I have alot of weight to lose after having two children in 2 1/2 years! LOL.

I have started my exercise program and have already lost 13 kilos on Lite n Easy, but that became too expensive for me to keep up so I am looking at alternatives. Has anyone used Blackmores Weight loss accelerate and if you have did it work or not?

Is it worth the money?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Weight Loss accelerate

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi Miszmez :P

You need to be careful of these types of accelarants as I believe some of them contain high dosages of caffeine??

I've tried lots of different pills and patches but personally nothing works without eating properly and exercising.

Sorry I've not been much help!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)

Postby SarahC » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:57 pm

If I'm thinking about the right one, the active ingredient is HCA (hydroxycitric acid), which is an appetite/hunger supressant. I've not taken the Blackmores before, but I've had another with the same ingredient. I found that, taking the product before meals, I did feel a lot fuller for a while afterwards, but then the hunger came back times three... awful hunger pangs!!

If you think a hunger supressant would work for you then give it a try. But if you're an emotional eater, like me, and just eat regardless of if you're full or hungry, then it wouldn't be worth the money.

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:07 pm

I don't like these products - they're a quick fix (if they even work, most of them don't) and are nothing but a bandaid. You aren't going to want to stay on them forever, thats why you need to lose the weight by doing something you can stick to and later maintain when all the weight has come off.

Nothing works better than healthy eating, calorie counting and exercise IMO.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby miszmez » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I was an emotional eater before I started dieting. So I think I will avoid them and continue on with what works.

Thankyou again

Return to Weight loss Talk