It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 am

Free Newsletter

what time of the day do you exercise

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

what time of the day do you exercise

Postby sunshine » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:24 pm

I have been finding it difficult to get to the gym during the day, as hubby is renovating our house, and I have a toddler and at the moment a sick child at home. There is a childs room at the gym but I don't take my daughter there, as I would be looking out for her all the time and she wouldn't stay in there anyway. Also it defeats the purpose of having some time off.

So this morning I went to the gym at 6.15am and it was great, only 5 others were there, so I got my workout over with first thing. I am going to do that from now on, whilst hubby is on days off. So I am wondering what time of the day you exercise and how long usually are you at the gym, if you do gym.

Thanks !!
sunshine

Re: what time of the day do you exercise

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:28 pm

I vary from day to day. I try to do 1-2 hours everyday so that is broken up into 2-4 workouts.

Like today for example. I walked for an hour at 10am, then rode my horse for 20mins at 12pm, and am doing a class at the gym at 5pm this arvo.

Tomorrow I work for 10hrs so I will be doing a 6:30am martial arts class, i'll get home from work from 6pm onwards so will try squeeze in a short home circuit then.

I generally do something morning, midday and afternoon or night, depending on work.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:08 pm

I usually exercise of an evening on weekdays and in the morning on weekends. The reason being that I'm already up at 6am every morning just to get ready and to work on time. So I refuse to get up any earlier to exercise. On the weekends it's not as bad and I prefer to get my workout out of the way.

I'm usually at the gym for about an hour on the days that I go. I either do a class or cardio on the machines. There are some girls at my gym though who are there for 2-3 hours. Some of them do what they call the 'triple' which is 3 classes in a row - hence 3 hours at the gym!!! I don't know how they can dedicate that much time to the gym... I'd never see my hubby if I did that.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby SarahC » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:14 pm

First thing in the morning, definitely. I don't think I'd be able to function without my morning workouts! It's just part of my "getting up and getting ready for work" routine lol. Also, it gets it out of the way, so you don't have it hanging over your head all day :D
SarahC

Postby Diminishing » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:39 pm

On my work days (Mondays and Thursdays) I walk or swim for 30 mins at 7.30pm: after the kids are all in bed.

On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays I do my exercise bike for at least 30 mins (usually an hour) at about 1 o'clock.......when the kids are napping.

On weekends I walk for at least 30 mins first thing (as soon as it is light) so if the kids wake up during that time, my husband is home to deal with them.
Also on weekends I do a further 30 mins at lunchtime on the exercise bike.

Its a juggle with kids, it really is!
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby hysterical_oliver » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:06 pm

I workout in the evening, I find I have most energy then (any the most guilt about having sat on my butt all day lol) I jump on the bike infront of the tv and pump out the K's :lol: makes it a lot easier to get through too
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby loveat116 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:11 pm

I am NOT a morning person, so I have given up on exercising in the morning.
I also find I have a lot more energy at night, so I perform better.

So I usually go around work at 6pm before dinner.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Cac33 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:30 pm

I walk 5.5kms to work in the morning that way it is done & anything extra I do during the day is a bonus. On days where work has been horrid I go for another walk at lunch time or before dinner.
I also go swimming on weekends around lunchtime when it is the warmest. I really enjoying swimming as no matter how much you exercise you are much cooler & you don't notice the sweat as much :oops:
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby chubba momma » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:06 pm

i generally do my work outs at night now. when my partner gets home, he gives me a drill now which is great, I try to get a work out in during the day but sometimes its impssible casue my almost 3 year old wants to jump all over me and the bub just wants to crawl all over me hehe i love teh night work outs, when teh weatehr is good i was going for a walk with bubs at liek 530 am but teh rain has put a stop to that
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby nutzy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:57 am

I go to the gym three times a week, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from about 16.45 to 17.30, when I rush home to cook dinner and watch Neighbours before I have to drive the school bus at 19.30 - I work at a boarding school and drive the day pupils home every night. It suits me better to do it this way. On Sunday though and during school holidays I manage to do an hour or more on those days instead of 3/4 of an hour (because Neighbours is on again later in the evening when I would normally be out - what??? me a neighbours junkie??? Never !!! :wink:

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby Sussy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:43 am

I have to exercise first thing in the morning, by the time the late arvo and evening hits i'm too tired for much of anything other than collapsing on the couch before going to bed. I've always been this way, i have most of my energy in the morning and I am one of those horrific "morning people!" :)
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:52 am

Sussy wrote: I am one of those horrific "morning people!"

I think i am the complete opposite. I can't do anything in the morning, i can't eat! i can't get to work on time and i only live 5 kms away!

If i am going to get exercise done its in the late afternoon to evening. I have tried the morning exercise and found it hard, i am half asleep, i try to eat first and feel sick when i go or go without eating and just don't have the energy!
Tarz

Postby Moomoo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:12 pm

Tarz wrote:
Sussy wrote: I am one of those horrific "morning people!"

I think i am the complete opposite. I can't do anything in the morning, i can't eat! i can't get to work on time and i only live 5 kms away!

If i am going to get exercise done its in the late afternoon to evening. I have tried the morning exercise and found it hard, i am half asleep, i try to eat first and feel sick when i go or go without eating and just don't have the energy!

I'm definately the same as you! I used to work 7 mins walk away from work and was still late! Mornings are for Sleeping!
Moomoo

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:25 pm

I dont go to gym, I just go for an hour walk each day and to be honest I go whenever I can. Being a single mother means i have to take my daughter. Lucky she is only 8mths at the moment I just go after her bath, bottle, nappy change normally she goes to sleep but if she doesn't i put stuff under the pram to entertain her i.e toys or food. I like to go around 10am as thats normally when I've done some housework and Aisha is ready to go. But sometimes I go evening 4-5 if I went out for the day. I always have my eliptical trainer I can go on if I miss my walk.
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)
ProudMumOf1

Postby LillyPilly » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:17 pm

In the mornings.
LillyPilly

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk