It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Free Newsletter

HAPPY DAYS

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

HAPPY DAYS

Postby Moomoo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:38 pm

Hey all,
Today is a good day and I wanted to tell everyone :D :lol:
I started my weightloss journey in January this year so that I could loose weight for my wedding in September. I really needed a push to get myself into gear and I always work a lot better when I have a goal.
When I ordered my wedding dress last year in November the dress I tried on was a size 22. After taking measurements the lady said that I should order a size 24 to make sure it fitted over my bust. I ended up ordering a size 20 (I had to sign a disclaimer to say that I don't hold the shop responsible if the dress didn't fit, because I was going against there advice) The day after I placed my order I called up to change my mind and wanted to make it a size 22 but the lady said it was too late. I've spent the last 4 months worrying that it wasn't going to fit!

Any how - My mum came over from the UK and I took her to my first dress "Try on" session in mid February. I put the dress on and it fitted absolutely perfectly like it was made for me. Which is fantastic! It give me a great shape and has motivated me more to loose more weight because I think it will look even more beautiful!

It is casual day at work today and I thought I would try to wear my "Nice" jeans which I haven't worn for about 6 months (due to them being so tight I couldn't do them up!) Today they slid on and did up with no problem. :P

I weighed in this morning and I had another loss (600g) my total loss to date is now 6.1kg I am over the moon at my loss and impressed with myself that I haven't given up, despite feeling low sometimes (Thanks to all those who helped pick me up that very bad day last month)

I feel so happy today I could burst! 8)

Thanks for listening!
Moomoo

Re: HAPPY DAYS

Postby ali76 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Oh Moomoo...thats brilliant! I can hear your pride in the way you wrote that....and you should be proud!

You are going to be the most beautiful bride - I can't wait to see the pics :mrgreen:

The best thing is that the lady at the dress shop was implying that you couldn't do it....and you showed her, and yourself!

I'm so proud of you. You're a great example of what we can do if we're determined enough.

Congratulations hun - and keep up the good work!

xoxox
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:57 pm

That is great. I am so looking forward to when i get to try on wedding dresses! You are going to look fantastic on your wedding day. Everyone will be able to see how hard you have worked. Well done.

Tara
Tarz

Postby kittykat84 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Congratulations!!! You are doing amazingly well and you are going to be the most beautiful bride!! Keep up the amazing work Moomoo!!
kittykat84

Postby Moomoo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:10 pm

When I said to the lady a the shop that I was going to loose weight for the wedding she just raised her eyebrows at me and said that people always said that to her but never actually did :evil:

I'll show her :D :D
Moomoo

Postby electrongirl » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:37 pm

you might even have to get it taken in the way your going!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby LillyPilly » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:53 pm

That is great news fitting in to your wedding dress and jeans.
LillyPilly

Postby Cac33 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:13 pm

That's fantastic news!! I'm so happy for you!! I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride & can't wait to see some pics :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Sussy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Congrats mate your'e doing great.

I love that feeling when you're so happy you feel like you could burst....be great if you could bottle that and whip it out when you needed a dose.

Keep up the great work, you'll look stunning at your wedding and feel like a princess.
Sussy

Postby big_love » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:59 pm

WOW!!! Moomoo that is so great. Im glad your feeling so happy, must be a change in the air, i've been the same all day today!!! Congratulations on lossing the weight you have, and I know you can do more. You will have to have your dress taken in for the wedding!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby chubba momma » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:36 pm

How wonderful, good on you, :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby hysterical_oliver » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:45 pm

Well done MooMoo!! make sure you really rub it in her face when you're all smoking hot for your wedding and let her know she was wrong :mrgreen: Humble? Probably not but who is she to call you a liar lol prove the snooty woman wrong!
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Moomoo » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Tee hee... I agree :D :D !

How sad it this!.... I had to weigh myself again when I got home just to make sure the reading on the scales wasn't a one off! :oops: :oops:
Moomoo

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Hey Congratulations - that's awesome news. I def think that you might need to have the dress taken in... if you've already dropped a dress size after 6kg and you'll lose more before the wedding! That will be an even better feeling.

Great work!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby shelbel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Yay for you moomoo! its things like that that seem to motivate me more then the number on the scales, well done!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk