It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:31 am

Free Newsletter

Pitfalls of losing weight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Pitfalls of losing weight

Postby phatcappy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Is it just5 me, or do others get discouraged by the negatives sides of weightloss? for me the biggest problem im having now with having lost weight is that my body is no longer in proportion and i look funny. ive lost 18 kilos, and most of the weight has come off my face, upper torso and legs. which has left me with huge love handles an d big stomach. so that now i look like egg on leggs. at least before i was alot bigger but proportionate. what am i doing wrong? or is my body just retarded?
Start Weight: 109 Kg's

Current Weight: 91.2 Kg's

Mini Goal Weight:90 Kg's

Ultimate Goal Weight: 83 Kg's
phatcappy

Re: Pitfalls of losing weight

Postby kittypurr » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:59 pm

Congratulations for getting 1 kilo off to your mini goal, what have you been doing?
In regards to your question I think eventually it comes all into proportion and the thing also is
to work out in the areas that are required.
Today I joined Kate Morgan. I have 31 kilos to lose althought my first goal is 6.1 just to get
back into my work uniform.
kittypurr

Postby shelbel » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:31 pm

phatcappy wrote:Is it just5 me, or do others get discouraged by the negatives sides of weightloss? for me the biggest problem im having now with having lost weight is that my body is no longer in proportion and i look funny. ive lost 18 kilos, and most of the weight has come off my face, upper torso and legs. which has left me with huge love handles an d big stomach. so that now i look like egg on leggs. at least before i was alot bigger but proportionate. what am i doing wrong? or is my body just retarded?

I hear you!!!!! Ive lost the majority of my weight from basically everywhere but my thighs! So clothes are STILL a drama for me :roll:

Is that the area that the weight went to first? Maybe its like a first in - last out kinda thing? Im sure in time it will even out, but unfortunately due to different body shapes i think i'll always have big thighs in comparission to the rest of my body!

More toning exercises maybe???
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby electrongirl » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:40 pm

I think it differs with everyone. I luckily gain weight all over so I tend to be in proportion most of the time. Apart from my chesticles!! haha

They are always big!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:28 pm

Many people tend to lose weight from the top down. So it's normal to lose weight first from your face, then chest, then tummy and lastly (especially for women) thighs. Don't worry about it. Eventually your body settles down and you get in proportion again!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Karnak » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:38 pm

Yeah I'm the same. I'm a really bulburous (sp?) pear shape and it just looks awful. However this week I lost an inch off my hips so I'm hoping for a bit of a correction this month so its not as obvious.

The Shaping under garments work quite well - I'm a bit "baggy" around the hips area so pulling bits in looks so much better
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby nutzy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:00 am

I have lost everywhere too and am quite slim on top downwards, until you reach my belly. it is still protuberent and round and looks like i am pregnant by a few months at least. My bum and thighs are fine, just this mean bulge that won't budge. :(

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:23 pm

I think everyone has problem areas and they will most likey come of towards the end of your weight loss journey. When I lost weight pre pregnancy it came off everywhere but my tum and thights. I lost the last 10kg and it evened out. You could try AB exercises!
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)
ProudMumOf1

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 am

I'm the same :roll: I've lost the majority of my weight from my hips down.

Now my top half is starting to follow suit.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Return to Weight loss Talk