It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm back... and so I should be.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm back... and so I should be.

Postby MissE » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi guys and gals
I havent been around for aaaages and it shows. I've gained back 9kg (???!!!!) of what i lost and I'm MISERABLE!!!
I guess it was a combination of things, getting a b/f who I adore but who leads me astray with many tasty foods and lots of wine, moving in with a couple of gal pals who are skinny and can eat what they want and share my love of cooking (one of them is a chef!), Christmas, laziness, and sheer lack of willpower!
But I've had it, I'm putting my foot down. I'm uncomfy in my size 14 pant and be buggered if I'm buying the next size up, I'm just going to put up with it and let it remind me of why I'm doing this!
Other inspiration is the gorgeous negligee my man bought me for Valentines that I dont fit into!
So I'm counting points (I'm a diehard WW fan), drinking much water and one of my housemates is going to walk with me every day.
But horror of horrors, my gym closed down! I dont think I'm going to get another membership yet though, I always start with great intentions then stop going and frankly, the money I was paying for my membership is now going straight onto my credit card, where it's sorely needed.
I've been surfing round this board (the new look is great!) and getting inspiration from you all, and I plan to be back for a daily dose!
I'd love to hear some inspiration, advice for exercise that isnt going to bore me stupid and isnt too taxing on the horribly lazy, and anyone elses stories of starting over after doing so well then falling spectacularly off the wagon... Advice on dealing with partners who 'love you as you are' is good too!
Thanks guys, and its great (scary) to be back!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Re: I'm back... and so I should be.

Postby ali76 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Yah...another Adelaide chick! Welcome back :D

That sucks about your gym closing down - where were you going?

I'm sure you'll do really well and you know you have all the support you need here.

Good luck MissE!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby MissE » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:39 am

hey Ali!
My gym was Beachhouse at Marion. It's been struggling, i know, it doesnt have a wet area, and even though they are cheaper they couldnt compensate.
Nice to see another Adelaide person, this forum seems full of them which is so great, I'm used to being the token non-easterner!!
MissE

Postby MissE » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:43 am

oh and i had a great food day.... til the wine. and the crackers (ok, 97% fat free) with hommous and cheese.... at least there were only a couple? and i figure a mostly good day is better than nothing, right??
MissE

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:29 am

Most of a good day is definitely better than nothing! Plus going cold turkey from all treats may end up counterproductive if it encourages you to eat even more later in the week. If you are following WW points can you make allowances in your weekly plans to take the wine and crackers into account?

Good luck with your weight loss and welcome back! Bummer about your gym closing down. I hope you find a good replacement soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Puffer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:04 pm

I know this post is a week old now but I just wanted to say I am sooo with you. I started over a year ago at 75 kilos and got to 70 kilos. Now I weight 78 :( It was SO incredibly hard to loose even those 5 kilos, and now I have 8 kilos to loose just to get to the same point :evil:
Puffer

Return to Weight loss Talk