It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Free Newsletter

I got a health scare...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I got a health scare...

Postby holly80 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:10 pm

hahahaha thats funny.

Well I am doing well so far, no cravings as yet

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby ali76 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:43 pm

OK girls....Pom Poms are back out...

Holly, Holly
She's our (wo) man,
She can do it,
I know she can...!

***High kicks***
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby kittykat84 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:51 pm

Go Ali!!!!!!!!!!!

kittykat84

Postby bron34 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Good on ya Holly for quitting...you can do it. I also had circulation problems in my hands when i smoked that scared me. I quit 6 & 1/2 years using nicobate patches so the cravings were easier to deal with, some of my friends said it was cheating, but who cares it worked and i'm not smoking and they still are!

Congrats on becoming a non-smoker :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wf54RaC/]
[/url]
bron34

Postby holly80 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Hahahaha you guys are so funny. You cheer me up.. I am so glad I have my own cheer squad lol

Well today my eating was great, my smoking well ummmm not so good. I had none and was feeling great, until I left some things at home and had to go out on lunch, were I wakled passed my usual smoke shop and I just went in and brought some. I swear it was like a natual reaction. I didnt even think twice. So I had one on lunch and one just when I got home. I dont plan on having anymore tonight though and tommorrow I will try for none again.. I suppose 2 is better then the 12 i usually would have.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby holly80 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:20 pm

holly80 wrote:Hahahaha you guys are so funny. You cheer me up.. I am so glad I have my own cheer squad lol

Well today my eating was great, my smoking well ummmm not so good. I had none and was feeling great, until I left some things at home and had to go out on lunch, were I wakled passed my usual smoke shop and I just went in and brought some. I swear it was like a natual reaction. I didnt even think twice. So I had one on lunch and one just when I got home. I dont plan on having anymore tonight though and tommorrow I will try for none again.. I suppose 2 is better then the 12 i usually would have.

U know what. Now I have told you all, I feel so guilty. Oh cant wait to see how I feel when I tell my husband

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby Mandie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:40 pm

You gotta throw the pack away!!!

2 is better than 12 but you need to get down to NONE!

Nicotine patches aren't cheating, they are a perfectly legitimate way of beating an addiction - like taking antibiotics to get over an infection... and no-one should say you are cheating!

Quitting smoking is HANDS DOWN the best thing you can ever do for your health. You'll add quality years onto your life!
Mandie

Postby holly80 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:09 pm

Thanks Mandie I know, just got to be strong hey. I am feeling good at the moment, not hanging for one at all. And I am home alone which is usually the time I smoke most.
I have put them up really high where I cant reach them at all. I did this because I dont want to go buy another packet, and I think if I have some here it will save me a lot of money plus I can stop myself there and then instaed of going to buy some and then having one and feeling bad. This way I know I have them but I know I will feel bad so then I wont.

Anyway I have no idea if that made any sense lol but I know what I was talking about lol

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:54 pm

I used to smoke and quit in August 2006. I went cold turkey. One afternoon I was walking from work to uni puffing away and thought to myself "what the hell am I smoking for?" from there on in I decided to quit. It was tough, especially when out drinking and stressful situations but I managed it.

In hindsight it was a dirty dirty habit I picked up and glad I quit. Everything smells so much better and taste better too. Not only that I don't have smokers breath :D and don't smell like an ashtray :D

Good on you for quiting the habit. You will save heaps of money. Every time you are on auto pilot and finding yourself in the shops ready to buy the smokes, stop yourself and pull out an envelope where you can stash the money. All that money saved, put it towards the new wardrobe you'll be needing as you lose the weight. You'll be surprised how much you'll save.

Oh yeah can't forget how many years you are putting on your life and it won't age you prematurely. Smoking ages you.

G'luck :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby milkyway » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:45 pm

Hiya Holly - congrats for making the decision to change your life :)

Reformed smoker here - 6 years and one month and 21 days without a ciggie :P

Believe me, and this might sound strange, you're not actually enjoying those ciggies, you're enjoying the feeling you get when you're no longer experiencing nicotine withdrawl.

I advise following the 4Ds as set by the quit folk who helped me get through it:

Drink water
Delay
Deep breathe
Do something else

I also found it really handy to learn what was going on with my body when I was 24, 48, 72hrs etc. without a ciggie and how my body started to repair itself. That was really motivating.

good luck!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Pussycat » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:14 am

Good on you for quitting Holly! I quit in the New Year, and it was hard, but it is do-able. I found that when I wanted a cigarette (mostly when I was stressed) I would put off having one - tell myself I could have one in half an hour, and by the time the half an hour was up I was busy doing something else, and didn't want one anymore.

I can relate to walking into the shop automatically and buying a packet of smokes, I have done it myself. I also still find myself getting in the car and if I have to drive a long way, go to light up a cigarette. Old habits die hard.

Judith
I must make time for me!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8LUJQB/]
[/url]
Pussycat

Postby ~Rose~ » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:56 am

Hi Holly, I'm jumping on the band wagon to give up the smokes on monday with u :D I figure its a good time now I'm set on loosing my weight also. If it helps there's a great website called whyquit.com lots of useful info, I know I'm going to be using it :D Anyway you can do it Holly :D
`NTAP~ Never take another puff :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby Cac33 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Holly, Just checking in on you to see how you're going smoke free........

Take care & have a good day!
Cass
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Cac33 wrote:Hi Holly, Just checking in on you to see how you're going smoke free........

Take care & have a good day!
Cass

I AM THE WEAKEST PERSON ON THIS EARTH I AM SURE OF IT !!!!!!!!!!

I am still smoking, can you believe it. I was so positive about the whole thing. But I have told my DH this

IF I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP BY TUESDAY WHEN WE GO BACK TO WORK THEN HE CAN TELL MY WHOLE FAMILY AND HIS THAT I AM SMOKING AGAIN.

No one knows because when i gave up all those years ago a few members said ahahaha as if you can give up. So I proved them all wrong, well for a few years anyway. So i dont want to give them to satisfaction of knowing I am doing it agian

and if they do find out then obvioulsy its something I just dont want to do...

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi Holly!
Firstly, welcome to the forum.. I'm a long term member but have been a bit absent lately and miss many new people. :oops:

I've never been a smoker, so I can't give you personal advice/experiences. BUT it's a great thing to do for your health and even the health of those around you (through second hand smoke). I know that changing behaviour happens in a few stages (I study psychology and this is a model of behavior change).

Precontemplation is where you don't think the behaviour is a problem and don't think you should try to change.
Contemplation is when you think maybe you should change it, but aren't really planning to
Planning, where you get information about ways to change the behaviour and make a plan
Implementation of the plans
Maintenance of the change.

Sounds to me like you're at or around the Planning/Implementation stages and one of the most important things is to put as much effort as you can in to the planning. Same goes for weight loss too BTW. Also, implementation doesn't always work and you might relapse (either from implementation or maintenance). You might be lucky and get it right first go though! What is important is that if you relapse, you don't go all the way back to precontemplation and think things like "well obviously I can't do it, I won't bother". Much better to go back to the planning stage and reassess the plans to see what went wrong and make new plans to deal with it. Every relapse teaches you something new and takes you closer to sucess (in a round about way).

All the best with it!

Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk