It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Free Newsletter

sick of undoing my good work, I made a pledge

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

sick of undoing my good work, I made a pledge

Postby sunshine » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:45 pm

So I weighed in on Friday morn and was at 66.8kg, drank 1 1/2 bottles of wine over the weekend, took my son to two birthday parties and nibbled on snacks here and there (I mean I just HAD TO have a profiterole) and also got my period, and today when I went to the gym I have put on 400 grams. I did gym today and Friday and walked Saturday evening. So I am sick of being good during the week and ruining it and gaining weight over the weekend by drinking. Of course it could have been the other two factors above mentioned but, I feel alcohol is letting me down.

So I just made a pledge in that section not to have alcohol for two weeks (baby steps). I am going to see what difference that makes, I am hoping I can steadily lose weight and prove that alcohol is not helping me. I want to cut it out all together so hopefully this is the start. I know the whole thing about the scales etc etc but its a visual thing and I want to see my goal weight on those scales.

Best wishes to everyone.
sunshine

Re: sick of undoing my good work, I made a pledge

Postby MissE » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:48 pm

Good luck, Sunshine, booze is my achilles heel too, and I just know I couldnt give it up entierly (work with it, b/f drinks, 2 flatmates drink, busy social life blah blah) so I've switched from wine and beer to vodka and diet softdrink. So maybe for when you *do* feel like a drink, instead of depriving yourself, make it a healtheir option!
Godd luck for your 2 weeks!!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:22 pm

I don't put on weigh after a booze up...I chundered so much the other night (first night drinking since the one drink I had on NYE!!) I lost 1.2 kilos overnight...I think it was dehydration mainly lol the scales were the only thing I liked about the morning after *boozy* I actually fell asleep with my head on the toilet seat, so glamorous...
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby emmaline » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:49 am

I'm the same!
I'm pretty much 100% perfect during the week with food and exercise, then come Friday afternoon I just lose it!
I really felt it this weekend too. By MOnday I felt so lethargic and bloated
Hopefully my body remembers this and I don't do it again next weekend
I'll pledge with no for no more weekend splurges!
emmaline

Postby MagicGirl79 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:06 pm

I hear ya with the weekend being the undoing!!! This weekend was my 2nd weekend in a row that I've overeaten and had tooooo much alcohol and as a result, come weigh in (today) all my bad work over the weekend has accumulated in my body and I've put on weight.

Drives me insane, but I love hanging out with friends.

Hmmm, and it's so hard to deal with. I even did extra exercise on Sat and yesterday to try to counteract it but my body just seems unable to cope with any bad food, it automatically gets converted to fat!!! Drives me nuts.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:59 pm

I use weekends as an excuse to calorie cycle (I eat slightly more calories than usual to shake up my metabolism otherwise I slip back into my weight loss plateau). But I have to be careful not to overdo it or to neglect my exercise. It's a very delicate balancing act and weekends contain so many temptations!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Mandie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:27 pm

Good luck with your pledge!

Alcohol is fine in moderation but to excess it is very damaging to weight loss!

I used to be a big boozer with my friends but now I stick to 1-2 drinks - I try to be designated driver so I _CAN'T_ drink too much. I'm just a bit over the whole getting trashed and vomiting and hung over the next day thing now! I feel much healthier these days :) It's hard to give it up and cut it down, especially when everyone else is getting drunk and you think you are missing the fun! But think about being healthy and losing weight and that should be good motivation to stay sober :)
Mandie

Return to Weight loss Talk