It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Vanity Sizing...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Vanity Sizing...

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:48 am

shelbel wrote:Im in total agreement here! I wish that sizing was across the board, then you could walk into any shop and not have to grab 5 different sizes to try on!!! :roll:

Tell me about it! It's such a pain, especially when you want to try more than one thing on and they have a limit of 6 :twisted:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:51 am

SarahC wrote:
Target clothes are giant! I can't fit into anything there :(

My sister is the same as you. She weighs around 45kgs (she's shorter than me and tiny frame) and can't fit into target women's clothing, only the kidlets section :lol:. She buys her pj's and Bond knickers from the kid's section and saves a bundle :lol:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:57 am

Siana-leah wrote:Boy!! do i know all about this!!
The annoying thing for me a few months ago was that i was too big for "normal" clothes (say from target) and too small for the bigger gal section....
Needless to say it drives me bonkers!!!
I looked up sizing on the internet and i found that each individual clothing store has their own measurement charts!! and they vary by up to 6 cms!!
So im at a loss as to what i am.....i think that overall the size that seems to fit most across the board is what you should stick to

:shock: they vary by that much.

Why not have a true sizing across the board. That's why I won't buy clothes without trying them on, and weary of ebay. There are some online stores that have a return policy which is great if you get the wrong size but it still a pain. It's a bit of hit and miss, like Evil Wombat Queen says.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Interesting article in the Herald Sun about this today -- one woman bought a little black skirt from 6 stores (Cue, target, sportsgirl, Country Road, Bardot and one other I can't remember) and she had six different sizes, from Size 4 (country road) to size 14 (bardot - I'll be avoiding there!!!)

The article was calling for national standards for the size/cutting of clothes.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:59 am

It would be great if something came of it, that unbelievable the difference size 4-14, its crazy!

So where can we sign the petition for national standards!? We should start one, though i have no idea how to! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby LillyPilly » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Interesting test carried out.

I am shocked. One lady, four different sizes.

I will sign a petition :mrgreen:
LillyPilly

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:59 pm

milkyway wrote:Interesting article in the Herald Sun about this today -- one woman bought a little black skirt from 6 stores (Cue, target, sportsgirl, Country Road, Bardot and one other I can't remember) and she had six different sizes, from Size 4 (country road) to size 14 (bardot - I'll be avoiding there!!!)

The article was calling for national standards for the size/cutting of clothes.

HOLY!!!!

Just goes to show, that I'm not imagining the sizing difference.

Here, here for a national standard :!: 8) That way we could truly know what size we are.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

HappyBella55

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:15 pm

This kind of thing makes me pretty cranky because it plays mental games with people. Is a person more likely to buy something that is called a size or 2 smaller than it really is? Probably... It goes to show that we shouldn't be aiming for a specific "size" as our goal because it is pretty unreliable when you get down to the nitty gritty of it all :evil:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk