It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Free Newsletter

This sums it up

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

This sums it up

Postby Moomoo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:55 pm

I don't like vegetables and I don't like salad it's annoying because quite a lot of it is free on WW :evil:

However, even though i don't like salad I can stomach lettuce carrot onion which I have with a boiled egg and some ham (which I buy from our work canteen)

I've just started eating todays salad, had a forkful off lettuce and something dropped off my fork...a CATAPILLAR YUK YUK YUK! I had a little beetle in my salad last week which I thought was a one off now I REALLY can't eat it! I hate salad, thats put me off for good now :evil:
Moomoo

Re: This sums it up

Postby sunshine » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:02 pm

I have grown to love salad, I buy the prepackaged ones, a pack of say, washed and ready to eat baby salad leaves with herbs is $3.99, and I use the entire pack up over a couple of days. I have salad and chicken for lunch, then a salad sandwich the next day, and say tacos one night with salad, and then salad for dinner. So there is no waste, I find if I buy a head of lettuce it gets wasted.

The prepacked salad leaves are already washed (but I still do check for grubs!) and its really nice. And I do add dressing as well, low fat of course. I prob need to add dressing each time.
sunshine

Postby shelbel » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Moomoo i so know what you mean about not caring for vegies! Ive been the same for years, I almost NEVER eat them! If i have to (like when my MIL makes me! :lol: ) I always have a mouthful of meat and then shove some vegies in to try and hide the taste! :x I thought grown ups where suppose to like vegies, but i guess some habits die hard and i dont eat them because i THINK i wont like them! LOL

And gross about finding little creepy crawlies in your salad, that has really gotta put you off even more! :shock:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Tarz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi Moomoo.

I think you need to try different types of salads to find the sort you like. Be creative and add different things or try different dressings. Try different lettuce like cos or coral or rocket or iceberg, they all taste different. Or try a coleslaw which is low fat and yummy. And if you are buying the packet ones give the lettuce a good clean just in case.
Don't rule them out because of finding a bug (whenever i eat a salad i haven't made myself i tend to give the salad a good look at each time i go to take a bite just in case, i think i have become slight obsessive about that.)
Tarz

Postby SarahC » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:55 pm

LOL. I had the same thing happen to me last week!! I was eating snow peas - picked one up and, for some reason I thought to look at it before I ate it (normally I don't, I just wolf them down lol). There was a caterpillar happily crawling around inside :shock: :shock: I almost ate the silly little thing!!! :lol: :lol:
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Ooh man how can you hate salad and veg? It's like my favourite food!
Have you tried interesting veg like sweet potato, corn, etc etc? Salads don't have to have lettuce either.. it can be just like cucumber, snow peas, tomato, corn, cheese, meat, chickpeas/lentils/red kidney beans.. make it interesting!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby ali76 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:37 pm

zeedeveelgirl wrote:Ooh man how can you hate salad and veg? It's like my favourite food!
Have you tried interesting veg like sweet potato, corn, etc etc? Salads don't have to have lettuce either.. it can be just like cucumber, snow peas, tomato, corn, cheese, meat, chickpeas/lentils/red kidney beans.. make it interesting!

Ooohhhh......i agree!! Especially in this heat - all I want is salad, fruit and water!! YUM! Oh - and the cadbury dairy milk I just scoffed.... :oops:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby electrongirl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:47 pm

I was brought up a vegetarian so I had no choice!! I love most veges!! And I love salad!!

To me its just a normal thing to eat heaps of veges!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:25 pm

I can understand an aversion to salad due to bug mishaps. I came across a cooked caterpillar on my cauliflower at a uni canteen years ago and I couldn't eat it for years afterwards! As others have suggested, maybe you should try different salads vegetables for the time being. Ones that make it hard for bugs to hide in them! Lettuce with less densely packed leaves is much easier to wash, so maybe go for cos lettuce instead of iceberg lettuce. Grated carrots (which you've already said you don't mind), slices of cucumber or tomato, capsicum, mushrooms, even grated beetroot can all work together to make great salads. Experiment with different fat-free salad dressings as well. You may find that a nice salad dressing makes all the difference.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:26 pm

i loveee vegies but im not a fan of salad, unless there is something to cover the taste! i love caesar or tandoori chicken salad
Jisgone

Postby Moomoo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:23 pm

It's funny because when I first started getting salads I said to the lady
No cucmber, no tomato because the salad then contained lettuce and carrot she added avacado instead! I don't like avacado so next time she put on capsicum so I told her I didn't like that either! she's given up on me now!
:oops:

The worlds worst foods ever are: Sweetcorn, pea's, MUSHROOMS capsicum Tomato's anything with Pips or skins like Strawberries or raisins. Melon oranges basically any fruit

Blugh!

Apparently when I was a kid I used to eat all of it! I do keep trying new things as my tastes have changed dramatically in the last few years but I still can't face these things!

What a child!
Moomoo

Postby Jodie91 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:56 pm

I dont mind salad generally however whith this stupid heat wave I am getting sick of it, salad that is and well yes the heat too :)

Bring on winter when I can cook all the good casseroles and such that I have recipies for that are all low fat and good for you but too hot to eat in this weather.

I hate hot :evil:
Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby ali76 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Jodie91 wrote:I dont mind salad generally however whith this stupid heat wave I am getting sick of it, salad that is and well yes the heat too :)

Bring on winter when I can cook all the good casseroles and such that I have recipies for that are all low fat and good for you but too hot to eat in this weather.

I hate hot :evil:

Ooohhh.....I SO hear you Jodie!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Have you tried all the different light dressings? Sometimes a hint of another flavour is enough to make a salad palatable :D I buy those packet salads too, For just me it does quite a few meals and it's sooo much easier to eat something thats already prepared for you :mrgreen:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby LillyPilly » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:29 pm

Do you like to cook?

There are lots of recipes for salads if you surf the net. There are warm ones, cold ones and the non-garden variety salads you could eat which are Weight Watcher point friendly.

I am doing Weight Watchers and I have a small garden salad with my lunch and dinner meals, which help to fill me up. Do as others have suggested and try different salad dressings.
LillyPilly

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk