It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

Today Im starting Anew

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Today Im starting Anew

Postby sammianderson » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:19 am

I have been on this weightloss thing for quite some time and to date havent got to where i wanna be, i go down then go up again, the bonus is i normally only get to my start weight again not past it,
the other day i went to price line and picked up 2 sachets of celebrity slim (strawberry and berry) just to give them a try, the strawberry one was YUMMY but the berry i can live without (way too sweet), well yesterday while down shopping i decided to bite the bullet and pick up a 7day starter pack,
I started this morning :P , im feeling a bit apperhensive as to wether i can stick to it, you are not allowed any high carbs like potato and pasta which are some of my fav foods, although these can be put back into it later. breads and that are a no for the first 10 days im assuming this is so the body can go into ketosis? i have done 15mins on the elliptical walker this morning getting to 3km and as soon as my 2 youngens finish watching there movie then im going to do the new winsor pilates circle workout that arrived recently that i have only done once befor now.

I am willing to give this program a real good go, im sick of being over weight and not being able to run around with my kids, by the clothing i like, wear bathers during summer although bikini will def be still out once i get to my goal as after 4 pregnancys and 3 full term babys my streatch marks leave little to be desired. I want to be able to stand in front of my partner naked and not think he is looking at my love handles, apron or saggy boobs.
I want to be able to walkin to a clothing shop where the sales assistant would walk up and say "can i help you" not stand at the counter with what i think shes saying " she cant fit into anything in this store"

I know its gonna take time, but hey what doesnt take time.
wish me luck
sammi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNgwNCX/]
[/url]
sammianderson

Re: Today Im starting Anew

Postby big_love » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:41 am

oh Sammie good on you for biting the bullet!!! Your plan sounds really great!!! I totally know what you mean about shop keepers, and even if they AREN'T thinking it, we are still a paranoid bunch aren't we! I won't wish you luck, I'll wish you success in sticking to it, and putting in the hard yards! You can do it, just take it one day at a time!!! If you need anything, let me know!

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Welcome to the forum, hopefully with the help of the encouraging people here you will stay on track & finally get to your goal weight. I know what you mean about the sales people giving you those sidewards glances. Makes you feel so horrible but hopefully for not much longer! :wink:
Shout out if you need anything & I look forward to reading about your progress. :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby sammianderson » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks Ladies for taking the time to reply

I have been really good so far today
ive had
1 X cafe late celebrity slim shake
1X 20gr of tasty cheese for snack
1X banana Celebrity slim shake
1X lo carb salad wrap - i made these up myself consisting of
1 x piece of ham layed flat, then added red salad onion, 1/2 small tomato, small peice of cheese, alfalfa sprouts and some lettuce rolled up with the ham as what would normally be the tortillia and might i say it was really tastey and surprisingly filling.

i have also drank over 1lt of water so far so all going good.
im determined to stick it out for at least the week, if i can get to the end of the week i can keep going

Sammi
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:01 pm

Sounds like you've made a great start 8) Try to make sure you're having around 2l of water though, it's really important, and be careful with processed meats because of their preservatives and salt content. I know you'll be able to stick to your weight loss plan if you stay strong and remember why you're doing it in the first place. The forum is a great place for support and just about anything else so please don't be a stranger, noone here is starving themselves so we don't bite :mrgreen:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby sammianderson » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Thanks hysterical_oliver for your reply,

YAY im on day 3 and havent fallen off the wagon yet and dont plan on doing so,
last night i asked hubby what he wanted for tea and he replied with chicken shnitzel and chips and gravey :shock: but i was strong and refused to make the same for myself even though it smelt so yummy cooking and they where a fav chick shnitzel (bacon and cheese coated) so later after everyone had finished there tea i cooked myself up a steak (dry cooked in pan no oil) and a big side salad, i feel very happy with myself :P

I know its not really a good thing to do but i hopped on the scales after i had eaten tea and even with just eating the scales where 1kg less than they where the day befor, prolly just excess fluid but its still good to see that lil needle move

Im really trying to get 2lt of water down a day, but i am either not thirsty or sick of the frequent toilet stops LOL

anyhow thought i would update on my progress, Mod if you think this should be moved to progress please dont hesitate to do so.

Happy slimming
Sammi
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby leeni.s2 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:36 pm

trying to drink 2 litres of water a day can be tough to start off with, i remember having to go to the toilet every 10 minutes, no joke. i would sit down, drink a little bit more and think, sheeeesh, i gotta go again!
its annoying, but after a while, i think you get used to drinking that much and you'll find the constant peeing wont be as much haha.
but anyway,
good luck with it!

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Postby sammianderson » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:28 am

Well today ive also started to drink green tea its the only one i can drink with out sugar and going from what ive read it can be benificial to weightloss, tryed drinking my normal tea without sugar and just milk but yuk couldnt do it, im on day 4 now and feeling really good today the fatigue seems to be going and the dull headache i had has gone
I can do it
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby Cac33 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi Sammi

Well done so far, I think the first week is the hardest & you're doing really well. I use to find 2L of water hard to drink too but am use to it now & trust me it will get easier. Now I use a large glass (holds 375mls) & fill it with 3/4 boiled water dunk a green tea bag in it then remove & fill the other 1/4 with cold water.
I re-use the same tea bag throughout the day so I don't go though a heap of tea bags. Its nicer than drinking plain water all the time & you get the benefits of green tea.

Keep up the good work & can't wait to see how much weight you have lost at the end of your first week.
Cass
Cass

Cac33

Postby sammianderson » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks cass,
It really helps that my other half is being supportive, other than the other night with the chick shnitz and then again sitting beside me the other night with a big bag of Light and tangy chips (drools) but hes started to eat what im now eating for dinner during the day he works and buys his lunch from the local takeaway soi dont feel like im missing anything,

I have also got 3 friends and my younger BIL to start coming to the gym with me starting this saturday (is one day a week enough for the gym. i have a x trainer at home and pilates but i wanna start doing some weights)

Its great to be able to come on here and get the support i really need,
sammi
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby Cac33 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Hey Sammi
It's great that you have such a good network around you & have "gym buddies". That makes a huge difference & its much more enjoyable than doing it alone. Also they can push you to continue when you feel like giving up.
In regards to how often to go, just start small & remember anything more than what you were doing before is an improvement. On the days that you don't go to the gym try to get some other form of exercising in, like going for a walk or riding a bike, dance around the house, active housework like sweeping vaccuming etc. Anything to burn off calories is going to help. :D

Cass
Cass

Cac33

Postby sammianderson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 am

Ok today is the end of week one on the celebrity slim program and that means weigh in day, well here goes, im down by 2KGS YAY :P
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:51 am

Well done thats great news! Its always encouraging to see such a great result on the scales. Keep up the good work Sammi
Cass

Cac33

Postby sammianderson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:19 am

Thanks Cass,
I cant wait to get below the 90s, ive done 25 min on the xtrainer so far today and have made a pledge to do another 25 by the time the day is out , ive also pledged to do at least 2 of the pilates dvds i have sitting here also seeing that 2kgs come off has lifted my spirits to keep going, got my second week of CS yesterday

also i picked up a 2 kg sack of potatos just to see how much it is and i tell you thats a pretty big loss that 2kg is fairy heavy. :lol:
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:22 am

sammianderson wrote:also i picked up a 2 kg sack of potatos just to see how much it is and i tell you thats a pretty big loss that 2kg is fairy heavy.

Don't you love that feeling. now have a look at 2 kilos of butter and thats how much "flab" you have lost. Well done. Looking forward to seeing your progress next week too. You'll be under 90kg in no time. Happy Eatser! DOn't eat to much chocolate! :mrgreen:
Tarz

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk