It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Day 4 and im freaking out

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Day 4 and im freaking out

Postby Elle » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:14 pm

so i'm on day 4, i've only been to the gym once and feel like i've eaten everything in sight.... whats wrong with me? all i can think about is food, when i make a good decision about someting to eat i ruin it by doing something bad after.... After finally making the decision to lose weight and deciding a goal i've already fallen off of the wagon and feel like i can't do this. How can i get back on? i really want to.

Elle xoxoxo
Elle

Re: Day 4 and im freaking out

Postby sammianderson » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:22 pm

elle,
I know how you feel darl, ive been on this endless journey for over a year and a half and still to this date are at my starting weight :oops: , as of today i have started on the celebrity slim program and so far am sticking to it, the best words of advice for falling of the wagon (as we all do) that is written in the CS handbook is get back on the wagon ASAP dont think "ill leave it till monday to start anew" do it within the next 24 hrs that way you less likely to get disscouraged, if it takes 10 time so be it, getting into bad eating habits didnt happen overnight and therefor they are not going to be broken over night, if you feel like hunger pangs are raising their nastly lil heads drink 2 glasses of cold water (about 400ml) which is prolly what your body really needs not the added bulk of the food.

call out if you need some help, thats what everyones here for

Sammi :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNgwNCX/]
[/url]
sammianderson

Postby Elle » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Thanks so much Sammi your message was just what i needed :) i have one leg on the wagon .
Elle

Postby ali76 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:02 pm

I don't know if I did it the right way - I guess it was right for me, but I did it step by step.

My first step was to really concentrate on my food - what I was eating and when. I made very simple rules to stick to - no carbs after 4pm and no food at all after 7.30. 2 pieces of fruit and 5 veg, 2L of water.

Once I had that sorted, I concentrated on my exercise.

I found getting things working for me, one by one, was a lot easier than trying to do everything in one hit - a lot less daunting and easier to stick to!

Like I said, this worked for me! Take your time to work out what works for you....after all, it's not a diet, it's a life style!

Good luck :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:53 pm

lol all I thought about was food for the first few weeks! Try to stick to your guns and remember the reasons you want to succeed with your weight loss, after you get used to it your body will find other things to concentrate on :mrgreen:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Siana-leah » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:57 pm

hey elle! :D
Please dont despair!!
If there is one thing I have learned on this big journey of mine....its that you have to find what works for you!
I have been trying to lose the weight for 7 years now...and its finally working.
At first I wanted a quick fix....i wanted the weight gone in one week!! now how unrealistic is that!!
Then I tried a few other things....i caved in over and over.....then i decided that I need information....so i read everything i
could about losing weight and different ways to do it....i learned a little about my body...then i decided what could work for me.
What works for me is to eat 5 small meals a day....low GI....fruits and vegetables...snacks between b/f and lunch and l/dinner.
It keeps my blood sugar levels constant throughout the day.
I also learned that before I was eating anywhere from 2000-3000 calories per day....where i should be eating 1500. Now for me to go to 1500 all of a
sudden made me sooooo hungry it wasnt funny....i realised that for that time i will cut it down but not by a drastic amount.
At the moment I eat about 1500 cal because my body can handle it now....but it took some time for my body to accept this.
For cravings...(mine is chocolate)...if u ditch it for 2-3 weeks...u will find that ur body may want it (or not even) but its not screaming for it!!
It is recommended that you do this for the first few months or until your diet is stable and then you can have treats now and then.
Sorry for going on and on....i just know how you feel and i want to help as much as i can because i hated myself for so long because I
felt like I failed myself.....
Dont be discouraged....it will take time for the weight to go...but its better to wait for it to go than for it to not go at all right!!!
also....i find that if i set mini goals such as- i just want to be under 84kg this week then the next week i want to be as close to 83kg as possible....is a much better way of looking at it than thinking that ive got 15kg to lose!! and it seems so far away....
hope it works out.....
and again im sorry for the speech!!! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby nutzy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:11 am

Hi Elle

Sounds familiar - I got rid of all the "bad snack" food in the house and replaced it with all low GI stuff that I could eat, so that if I wanted to pig out, I could without too much harm being done. One of the recipe books that I use also says in the foreward that if you are good 80% of the time, you can be bad 20% of the time. I use that as a guideline, although tbh, I have managed to stay on track 95% of the time as I am so determined to be slim again!!!

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Return to Weight loss Talk