It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Free Newsletter

My SureSlim Experience

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My SureSlim Experience

Postby mommy_times2 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:19 am

I have being doing SureSlim for 2 months now and have lost over 30 pounds!!! It still amazes me how I can go 5 hours between meals and not be starving....considering that before I started SureSlim I would eat and snack all day long AND be hungry constantly!

I also learned a very valuable lesson this past weekend....if I deviate from the program one day, the next day I am hungry which can also lead to eating something I shouldn't. That isn't to say that you can't have a piece of cake on your birthday, but you just have to be aware how it is going to effect your blood sugar and expect a day with hunger pangs, but the sooner you are back on track, the better it is.

I would love to chat with anyone else doing the program about their success and/or struggles.

Take Care,

Sandra G.
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJfgLCu/]
[/url]
mommy_times2

Re: My SureSlim Experience

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:04 am

Congratulations! You are getting some great results there :D .

I'm not exactly sure how much 30 pounds is as I'm used to the metric system but sounds like a lot. Good results in 2 months.

Holy :shock: I could never go 5 hours without eating. I eat at least 5-6 times a day, and its primarily low GI and non-processed food. Now with all the running and exercise I do, my body screams for fuel and I tend to become a b*tch if I don't eat :lol: :lol:

You are right about allowing yourself a piece of cake every now and then. It's all about moderation.

Keep up with the great results :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Moomoo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:30 pm

30Lbs = about 13.6kg
Excellent going!

Is Sure slim milkshake based?
Moomoo

Postby loveat116 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:11 am

mommy_times2 wrote:I have being doing SureSlim for 2 months now and have lost over 30 pounds!!! It still amazes me how I can go 5 hours between meals and not be starving....considering that before I started SureSlim I would eat and snack all day long AND be hungry constantly!

I also learned a very valuable lesson this past weekend....if I deviate from the program one day, the next day I am hungry which can also lead to eating something I shouldn't. That isn't to say that you can't have a piece of cake on your birthday, but you just have to be aware how it is going to effect your blood sugar and expect a day with hunger pangs, but the sooner you are back on track, the better it is.

I would love to chat with anyone else doing the program about their success and/or struggles.

Take Care,

Sandra G.
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada

I like the sureslim idea! I think I am going to research it.

Is that where you get the food delivered? I dont think you can get tht in tassie, and I wouldnt be able to afford it anyway, but I like the idea of eating 5 hours apart. I get the best results when I just eat 3 times a day, if I snack I overeat.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:28 am

Nope im thinking of that other program where you get the meals delivered to your house.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby electrongirl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:44 am

'm not trying to bag the program or anything, however I know a couple of people who have done this and they weren't very happy with it.

First of all its quite expensive, they send you for blood tests and then give you a diet based on the results.

I know 2 people who are different ages, builds, have different medical histories and got the exact same diet plan. When they compared it to other people they found that all the diet plans were the same.

Also I think this is the diet where you have to eat seeds? I could be wrong about that one.

If its working for you then thats great, however I think the same results can be achieved alot cheaper!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:11 pm

I did the Dr Cohen's Lifestyle Clinic diet which is also based on a blood test. I found it difficult to do and although I did lose the weight - I didn't go back for refeeding and have since put the weight plus some more back on! :roll:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Moomoo » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:59 pm

Just looked it up to see what it was about, not sure if I am allowed to put the link?? - if not Admin please remove it for me ta

http://www.sureslim.com.au/Sureslim-AboutSureslim.aspx
Moomoo

Postby Jisgone » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:57 pm

ive heard good and bad about sureslim, mostly i hear that once u pay and have your initial consultation its very hard to get any more help off them and that the diets are all the same so your spending thousands on a generic product
every different product has its advantages and disadvantages :)
Jisgone

Postby Bermuda Babe » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi, I have just found this forum and would like to share my experience with SureSlim.

I joined in late April 2007 and weighed 160.2 kgs. In the 59 weeks since joining I have lost a total of 87 kgs and am a whisker away from my goal by 7 kgs.

I have found the consultants at my clinic very supportive. I look forward each week with great anticipation to my visit and feel the ladies there are like friends.

There was a comment about the plans all being similar but a friend of mine is also doing the programme and she has most foods similar to me but with changes due to her gluten problem and PCOS. I guess there isn't a great deal of choice in the appropriate foods so most people are going to end up eating similar things. I also don't have the seeds due to the IBS but they substitute avo and tahini - which is really yummy. The seeds or substitutes help keep the skin nice.

The change in my life is tremendous. I was on insulin for Type 2 diabetes - had been since 2001. Since the end of November I have not had any insulin or any other meds for diabetes. The last blood test was normal! I also suffered terribly from IBS which has all but disappeared unless I am under severe stress. The money I spent on the programme was worth it for just getting over the symptoms of IBS alone :D

I am wearing a size 12 now - don't even have to try much on - I just buy it. What a change from all those clothes I bought in 26s' in the hope they would fit 'sometime'. I have given so many large bags of clothes away - and have a completely different style of wardrobe now. I can go out to restaurants without having to call first to see if they have chairs without arms so I can fit. People walk past me who have known me for years - they just don't recognise me.

I am so happy with my outcome. Naturally I accept that 'one size doesn't fit all' and different people will prefer different plans. But for me - I am 1000% happy with my outcome and would be pleased to talk further with anyone who has questions.

Whew - I didn't mean to get so carried away - sorry if it is inappropriate.

[/url]
[/img]
Bermuda Babe

Return to Weight loss Talk