It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Diet pills

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Diet pills

Postby holly80 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:44 pm

I am at the stage where I have been thinking about diet pills. I know most are really bad for your health etc but does anyone know any herb ones which just dont make you hungry so much?

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: Diet pills

Postby electrongirl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:54 pm

I beg of you not to try any of the pescribed ones!!

I can recommend Blackmores Weightloss Accelerate ones though. I found they definately helped curb my appetite.

I don't take them anymore as the anti-depressants I am on now actually do the same thing.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:31 am

Diet pills = BAD. They have some terrible side effects - insomnia, just feeling totally wired and buzzing around like a maniac..
As for things like the vitamins eg Weight Loss Accelerate, Carb Metabolisers... I don't know if they actually do anything or if it's just a placebo effect. I tried a couple of different ones and didn't notice anything different.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby loveat116 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:23 am

holly80 wrote:I am at the stage where I have been thinking about diet pills. I know most are really bad for your health etc but does anyone know any herb ones which just dont make you hungry so much?

I am not sure if there are any herbal appetite suppressants?

You could try something like Blackmores Weight loss Accelerate or the Sugar Balance tablets, but I am pretty sure they are not all natural. I doubt they would do much anyway.

I think what would be better is learning how to control your cravings, if your hungry you should eat something! But a lot of the time we are not hungry, we're just bored or simply like the taste! Overcoming that will help you in the long term, diet pills wont because they are only short term, when you stop taking them you will go back to your old ways...
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby LillyPilly » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:15 pm

loveat116 wrote:
holly80 wrote:I am at the stage where I have been thinking about diet pills. I know most are really bad for your health etc but does anyone know any herb ones which just dont make you hungry so much?

I am not sure if there are any herbal appetite suppressants?

You could try something like Blackmores Weight loss Accelerate or the Sugar Balance tablets, but I am pretty sure they are not all natural. I doubt they would do much anyway.

I think what would be better is learning how to control your cravings, if your hungry you should eat something! But a lot of the time we are not hungry, we're just bored or simply like the taste! Overcoming that will help you in the long term, diet pills wont because they are only short term, when you stop taking them you will go back to your old ways...

To add to this. In the Weight Watchers booklets I have, it says we often mistake hunger for thirst.

The booklet suggest you drink a glass of water first and wait 10 minutes, if you are still hungry then eat something.
LillyPilly

Postby qtpie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:50 pm

if you want to try something that will make you not as hungry try peppermint tea, it is supposed to supress the appitite, so give that a try, try a caffine free on e though, don't do diet pills, they are bad for you and I don't belive in them anyway, coz if they really did work then we would all be at our goal weight by now
qtpie

Postby silvister » Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm

according to my suggestion not all diet pills are bad, if you think about some herbal diet pill , that is good because these diet pills have no side effect, personally i am using green tea for last 6 week , and with the help of this i have loss 5 kg , i take this 3 time in a day.
Last edited by matchbox on Sat May 31, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: NO ADVERTISING PLEASE
silvister

Return to Weight loss Talk