It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am

Free Newsletter

Secrets on losing weight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Secrets on losing weight

Postby lng86 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Thanks Brendong. Appreciate it!

Best wishes on your weight loss journey,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby janderson99 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:13 am

There's no secret! The key is motivation and discipline! Try an online weight loss tool such as (LINK REMOVED) , which provides a system to track your calorie deficit. The calorie deficit is the difference between the calories eaten in food and calories burnt through exercise and maintaining your body. Look for software or an online system that allows you to enter your weight, calories eaten and burnt, and one that calculates and records your calorie deficit in a diary and shows it on a graph. There's nothing like a graph to show you how you are going and whether you are on track towards your goal. Also you need something to help you adjust your program when your weight loss plateaus etc.
janderson99

Postby chubbywife79 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Recently I just cut out soft drinks, increasing my water intake and so far Calorie King to help me lose weight.
chubbywife79

Postby rivenriver » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:58 am

I make charts at the moment - it's helpful.

I do 2 weeks at a time, and I will modify it as I get back into this - I'm totally out of it at the moment, but slowly starting to pick up the pace again. Every chart has Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack. If I don't eat it (and I try not to eat the snacks, especially the late ones), I leave it blank. If I eat it, and I eat what I determine to be a good amount of good stuff at the time, I get a tick. If not, I get a cross. There are no hard and fast rules about what I get a tick for and what I don't - this is particularly important as I live in a catered residence hall at a university, and so have no control over what is served to me for my meals. I just have to learn to listen to my body - it's it's happy, and I've eaten my veggies and avoided fried things etc, I get a tick. If my body tells me I've eaten too much, or the wrong things, I get a cross. At the end of the day, I get a grade - A is all ticks, P (pass) is 1 cross, F (fail) is 2 or more crosses. If I get an A, I also get to add a sticker to my star chart - when I get enough, I get a reward, like maybe new clothes or something. At the end of 2 weeks, if I have more pass days than fail days, I get a bonus 2 stickers for my star chart.

This is really helpful to me, because it links food to other things I find really important. As a uni student, grades are really important to me, and by grading myself on my food intake, it makes my food intake more important to me too. This is especially good, since I'm currently not 100% into it, and this is helping get my motivation back to a good place. Surely if I can get a Distinction on an essay, I must be able to get an A on my food day, which is really a lot easier than an essay. It's also really important that I've got lots of flexibility - I've got an active social life, and often I don't have a huge amount of choice about the food I eat. I try to make it more about portion size than type of food sometimes, which can be cheaper anyway, and that's also good. I'll make it harder to pass as I get better at sticking to it, but for now, what I need is a loose plan that I care about.

And it works, too. ;)
rivenriver

Postby Tarz » Sun May 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Wow you definately sound like a student by that chart. :lol: but every one has something different that works for them. I actually created a spreadsheet with everyday on it and would write down what exercise i did each day, if i did a satisfactory amount of exercise i would highlight the day greaan if not then red. Just seeing 2 or 3 days of red would really impact my mood and i would strive for a green day. That worked for me the first 3 months until i found i would go 2 weeks straight green before a single red day.
Basicaly if you can see where you think you have done well like exercise or food you feel more motivated, if you have 2 or 3 days that aren't good you get annoyed at yourself and try harder. I would love to do psychology to see why that works.
Tarz

Postby Moomoo » Thu May 08, 2008 3:20 pm

I have a spreadsheet too. I print one out on the monday and carry it around with me all week writing what I eat and the excercise on it. If I forget my sheet - even for the day I find that I'm screwed!
I also added a healthy eating balance and cups of water section so I can tick each one off as I go.
This also helps because if I have a week where i don't loose weight I can look back at what I have done/eaten and see where I went wrong. :D
Moomoo

Postby ashim » Tue May 13, 2008 8:29 pm

Thanks for sharing your secrets, Six days of eating healthily and intelligently and one day (the "Big Day") when you eat whatever you want. The Big Day will be a big deal initially, but eventually,A BLOWOUT WON'T BUST YOUR DIET It's the number of calories you have for the week, not at one meal, that affects your weight
ashim

Postby silvister » Fri May 23, 2008 4:13 pm

i am using organic foods, like all kinds of organic fruits, vegetables, meats, poultry, eggs, cooking oils, this is very much helpful for the weight loss.
silvister

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk