It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:19 am

Free Newsletter

Weight loss buddy

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss buddy

Postby Mummy84 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:33 am

Hi All,

I'm looking for a buddy who is my age and possibly the same weight.. Let me start from the beginging.. I'm 24yrs old and about 157cm tall.. I had a beautiful baby boy 3 months ago i gained about 25kilos while pregnant and within the first 2 weeks i lost 15 kilos. so my starting weight was 90kgs (9th month of pregnancy) i lost 15kilos in 2 weeks which got me down to 75kgs.. and in the last well almost 3 months i have only lost 5 kilos and that is only cos i have been starving myself for the last 4 days and have managed to lose about 2 kilos. I have my best friends wedding in 6 weeks and i would really like to get down to 60kgs.. so 10kgs in 6 weeks. my plan is to only eat fruit and veg. NO bread and pasta. and once a week i'll be eating lean meat. tomorrow I'm going to buy a skipping rope and will be skipping for at least 10 mins a day and me and my bub will be walking for about 30 mins a day as soon as this wheather cools down a little (he doesnt like the heat) Also after giving birth i have had problems with going to do No. 2 so im taking a weight loss tea called nutri-slim which gives me pretty bad stomach pains but i do feel alot better afterwards. if anyone had any tips on how to lose weight fast while still having time for my baby please let me know...
Starting weight 72kgs (4days ago)
Current weight 70kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Mummy84

Re: Weight loss buddy

Postby Czarina » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:47 am

I don't think trying to lose your last 10kg in 6 weeks is a good idea, espcecially after having your bub recently, your body has been through a lot! If you cut out everything except fruit and veg from your diet, you are not going to have the energy to function properly and spend quality time with bub. I recommend you hop onto a website like calorieking.com.au so you can lose weight and stay healthy and energised for your little boy, or even talk to your GP about it. Good Luck!
Czarina

Postby Mummy84 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:55 am

Thanks for that Czarina, im on the site now.. according to the site i can lose 5kgs by april 22nd.. thats with a 45 min walk everyday.. so if i do more may (just maybe) i can lose more.. thanks for your help!
Mummy84

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:20 am

hey....i got really worried when i read ur post....i feel that eating only fruit and veg for the 6 weeks
is only going to be a temporary solution...cos ur going to be so tired, hungry and cranky by the end of it.
Also eating less isnt always the solution. It is very common for people to stay the same weight even though they are eating'
significantly less and exercising more.....cos ur body thinks its starving and so it slows down in order to preserve your energy stores.
Eating a nice balanced diet with the right food choices is the way to go.
Good luck!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Mummy84 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:09 pm

Hey Guys, why does everyone seem so worried.. what do vegitarians eat.. this morning i had a big breakfast.. i had lean beef with potato and salad.. for lunch i had a fat free smoothie and for dinner i'll be having salad with fish fillet.. i also walked for about 45 mins and i bought my skipping rope which i'll be doing after dinner tonight... This diet is alot better then when i was pregnant.. i had the biggest cravings for fruit and vegies thats pretty much what i lived off and i still managed to pile on 25kgs.. dont get me wrong.. i did eat meat as well but only maybe twice a week.. and i ate pasta about once a week... my goal weight is to be 55kgs which i havent been in years and would love to be able to wear my old clothes again.. but i know that isnt possible in only 6 weeks.. last year i went on a fruit and veg diet and lost 5kgs in 4 weeks and i felt so good doing it, i think my body needed to be cleaned out from all the junk food i had eaten.. hell even if i lose 5 kilos in 6 weeks i would be over the moon! any weight loss is good... i also have a new motivation i'm back at work in May this year and really need to be able to fit into my suits again.. (dont really have money to be buying a whole new wardrobe) in order to do this i have to be 60kgs which i think is very possible to do by May!!
Mummy84

Postby Tarz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:21 pm

I think people are just worried about you because of the comment you made about only eating fruit and veg. As important as they are you cannot cut out everything else and you definatley will need meat more then once a week if youu want to have enough energy to keep up with your bub. People here do have the best intentions and will try to point out where they think you may need help which is why a lot of us are here. I'm sure your gonna do great on your weightloss and get down to the weight you want to be, as long as your doing it properly. Just remember that 1kg loss a week is healthy don't try to lose more. The quicker it comes off the quicker it will go back on. Try to make this a lifestyle change not a diet. So if it is something you don't think you could do everyday then it won't work. Good luck and i look forward to seeing your progress.
Tarz

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 pm

As Tarz said....it did sound like u were only going to eat fruit and veg and nothing else. Sorry if i got it wrong.
:oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Tarz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Also i just wanted to say, looking for a "buddy" or someone to help you through your journey is a great idea. Support always makes everything easier and support from someone that is going through the exact same thing is gold. I don't know if i would be much help for you because i have a very different lifestyle but i know there are a few ladies on here that are going through a similar journey to you and they are real gems. I'm sure they would be great support for you.
Tarz

Postby Mummy84 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Thanks for all your help guys.. and ur worries (makes me feel special) :)
Mummy84

Postby blickstar » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Hey there, I'm doing kate morgan an its my 6th week an i have lost 7.6kgs. I havn't done a scrap of excerise as i don't have the energy too. ( ross river virus) so i would say it is possible to lose 10 kgs in 6 weeks with excerise.i just do the basics cook washing watering an look after bub i've been to tired to walk or wot ever.
i spoke to a consultant at k/m cause i thought my weight loss was slow. however she said i'm doing great since i'm not excerising she said the other ladies losing 2kg to2.5 per week are all excersing religiously. so go for it darl!!
cheers blicks
Blicks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w595PVp/]
[/url]
blickstar

Postby tasmum » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:32 am

After having had two babies myself, I can't even imagine how important losing weight seems to be to you. Your original post doesn't mention whether you're breast feeding bub or not, but if you are, you have to know that his nutrients come from what you put in your mouth. If you limit your food intake, especially meats and carbs, you limit what he gets from you. I know how it feels to gain weight with your pregnancy, so don't feel that I'm attacking you, but just be aware that it's not just about you any more. Even if you're not breast feeding him, the energy requirements for being awake throughout the night and loosing weight at the rate you desire, will eventually catch up with you if you don't put enough in.

I guess it's just a case of "different strokes for different folks", but please just think about it.

Best Wishes,

Deb
tasmum

Postby Mummy84 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 am

wow blickstar, 7kgs in 6 weeks is great with no excersice.. i'll have to look into this kate morgan diet.. but 2-2.5kgs seems alot to lose in one week at a steady pace.. i lost about 3.5kgs this week but its the first week which usually happens.. i dont think i'll have problems getting to 60kgs but its the last 5kgs i think i'll have the most problems getting off.. thanks for you engouragement and the diet tips.. i'll definatly be looking it up!
Mummy84

Postby Mummy84 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:42 am

Hi Deb, unfortunatly i was lucky enough to be able to breastfeed, but im making sure im getting all the right foods for energy.. im just trying to get it from other places instead from bread and pasta.. thanks for your concern i'll definatly take it on board.
Mummy84

Return to Weight loss Talk