It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49 am

Free Newsletter

coke or coke zero

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

coke or coke zero

Postby sunshine » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:12 pm

I have cut down drinking soft drink but like one now or then. Since I am trying to have another baby, would it be better to drink a normal coke and stay away from coke zero with the phennnnn whatever in it. I don't drink it alot, but just wondering which one you would choose, knowing that its only know and then and not worrying about the calories. Thanks
sunshine

Re: coke or coke zero

Postby Cac33 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:35 pm

I don't know the answer but I want to know the answer too. I currently drink a coke zero every 2nd day (or every day if I need a boost).

A can of coke zero only has 1 calorie compared to normal coke has 161 calories. Big difference cal wise
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:47 am

phenylalanine has some bad rumours and stigma so I did a bit of research and the best I could come up with is in large doses it can potentially do some serious damage but if you're going easy on it like 1 can every couple or few days I don't think it's too much of a problem :D I'd steer clear of the coke because it's packed full of the sugar that tuns to fat and those dreaded empty calories! I can't drink the regular coke nowadays because it tastes horrible, way too sweet!
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Almostskinny » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:05 am

I have Sugarfree Red Bull instead of the usualy Red Bull to cut down on so much sugar and I dont think having it in moderation is too bad for you. Well I'd like to think its better than putting all those carbs and sugar in your body

It's almost over now, almost over now - N*E*R*D
Almostskinny

Postby Gavin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:42 am

What has less calories out of Diet Coke & Coke Zero? Which one ie better to drink if you're trying to lose weight/get fit?
Gavin

Postby nutzy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Both diet coke and coke zero taste gross so I never touch them. Why is it that diet colddrinks with sweetner taste so revolting?

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby electrongirl » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:24 pm

I think the only difference between Diet Coke & Coke Zero is the taste. I hate Diet Coke but I like Zero.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Adam Sanderson » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:53 am

I used to drink 3-5 cans a day, now only 1-2 a week.

I would go with regular coke if I was you!

my 2 cents :D
Adam Sanderson

Postby Tarz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:26 am

I can't stand diet coke - to sweet but i will drink coke zero, tastes like normal coke. but i have no idea of the calorie difference. Coke, actuallyy soft drink in general, to me is a rare luxary. I have it only when i go out and tend to stick more with water.
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:14 am

According to calorie king:

Diet coke 2 cals & 8 Kj

Zero 1 cal & 4 Kj
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Jisgone » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:03 pm

i dont even remember the last time i drank normal sugary coke!

i love coke zero and pepsi max, they seem nicer than the diet version
Jisgone

Postby JP1 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:24 pm

have had maybe a couple of swigs of the kids diet coke it five months 8) - water or diet flavoured waters for me now... or beer :mrgreen:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:07 am

I was addicted to normal (fat!) coke for years and years. Would drink it for breakfast - that's all, no food. I probably drank between 1-2litres a day. I tried to give it up soooo many times, but I think I was only paying lip service to giving it up - didn't really want to! Always considered it my stress crutch - bad day at work, better get a coke :roll: (sorry, rambling....)

Anyway, tried Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max etc - couldn't standthem. Finally tried Zero at the end of last year - don't know whether I was "mentally" ready (been mental for years), but didn't mind the taste and absolutely shocked myself by giving up full strength without a drama! Have been drinking Zero since, and finally, finally starting to lose weight - coincidence? You be the judge....

I don't drink anywhere near the amount either.

So, Zero gets my vote!
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby sunshine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:32 pm

Great replies, thanks a bunch :D
sunshine

Postby Covet » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:30 am

Hi,

I have done quite a bit of study on the effects of soft drink including coke and coke zero.

Coca-Cola contains carbonated water, phosphoric acid, high fructose corn syrup (sugar), caramel color, natural flavors, and caffeine.

You may like to go to http://www.westonaprice.org/motherlinda/hfcs.html and read up about the effects of corn syrup. It is seen as "sugar" but it is actually not, however it is used to sweeten soft drinks. Don't let labels trick you into thinking soft drink is o.k. If drank on a regular basis, Its not good for you or your baby, kids, partners or friends.

FYI, Corn is what is known as a "trigger food" see L.A. Shape diet written by Dr. David Heber. Trigger foods (like Corn) or its extracted ingredients, trigger the brain to create cravings for more of that food. These are all cost cutting tactics by manufacturers to ensure they look after their bottom line. (profits).

You may recall an ad for CC chips some time back on tv, they sang a jingle, "you can't say no" just say cc's! That is sooo true because it is a "trigger food" your body craves more of it because that is what trigger foods do. They are so bad....

So the good news is, if you want to lose weight after having a baby, firstly, dont' try to do it fast because anyone that loses weight fast will put it back on faster! That is called Yo Yo dieting, because your weight goes up and down. A good weight to lose on a weekly basis is about 1/2 kilo to 1kg. That is what I help people do and they learn how to eat "nutritiously" through their weight loss time and come out of it at a healthy weight, happy, confident and feeling full of vitality. Isn't that what you want? How do I know all this stuff, because I spend my days teaching peope how to have a healthier lifestyle.

Focus on losing the weight consistently and not putting it back on. Ever! :lol: That is a better goal to have. I got back into my pre preganancy clothes just 7 weeks after having my baby and I did that because I ate good nutrion through my pregnancy and made sure I had a stack of good nutriton after the birth too. I had no stiches, no drugs :D (not even gas) and it was my first, and I was ready to leave hospital on the first night. (but they would't let me). My little boy has kept impeccible health over the last 14 months and anyone that would like to know what I did and how I did it are welcome to contact me and I will be more than happy to work with you one on one... and no I don't charge consulting fees.

visit my web site at *link removed by moderator*

All the best and hope this helps

Sandrina
Covet

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk