It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 am

Free Newsletter

Wooohoooo

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Wooohoooo

Postby miszmez » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:16 pm

I finally cracked 30 minutes and the 10.5km mark on my new cross trainer!! Yay!! :D

My question to those lovely successful weight loss people reading this is...

Is 30 minutes enough exercise a day to reach my weight loss goal or should I be doing more?

And, what works for you? Does anyone else have a cross trainer?

Thanks

Mez
miszmez

Re: Wooohoooo

Postby Nay » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Well done miszmez! Thats a great effort!

I have a cross trainer too, although its gathering dust in the loungeroom at the moment. I get into phases and sometimes I will use it for a while, then I completely go off it and don't want to look at it.

I'm not sure if 30 mins a day is enough to reach your goal. I guess it all has to do with calories in and calories out. It definately is good for your health to get some form of exercise, however many minutes it may be, but I think to aim for an hour a day for weight loss will show better results. Perhaps do 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night??

Just my two cents worth :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby Tarz » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:04 pm

When i first started i was doing a 30-40 minutes jog walk each evening and i lost about 7kg also changed my diet drastically so i guess when your starting out its can be fine but i have had to start doing more exercise to lose more now that my weight has gotten lower. maybe each day try to extend it a bit to increase yor time slowly?
Tarz

Postby anthony88 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:35 pm

oh really.. ah hour a day!! i dont have the kind of time lol.. im doing halfa a day and still loosing at least 1kg a week at this stage.. mabe i will try to brake it up into 2 sessions... also im only doing 30 mins on the treadmil at home a day.. what else can i do from home?? thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:03 pm

When I lost weight the first time round, I was doing 30 min every day. Then a few months later I couldnt lose anymore,so started doing 45 min. I really dont enjoy excerise so I think thats when the weight started coming back on because I kinda gave up from then.

I think they say 30 min 6 days a week, with one day rest, then when you find you are not loosing anymore you are suppose to up that to 45 etc until you begin to lose some more weight.

Thats what I would do anyway.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby miszmez » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Thanks everyone for your input,

I will probably continue at the 30 mins and build my resistance for a couple of weeks, see how the weight loss goes. Maybe increase it after that over time :D
miszmez

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Once you get into the swing of things I am sure you will want to up your excerise. Or even you could try, trying out some new types of excerise. Do you tend to do the same excerise? Maybe your body is just used to the way you work it.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Moomoo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:03 pm

For Excercise at home Try Step ups! Phew feel the burn!
My personal trainer has me stepping up onto my garden wall/proper aerobic step do it as fast as you can and then change legs. It's a real killer on your thighs and gets me really out of breath!
Have you tried Skipping with a rope? Thats cheap and easy to pick up at home too.
Weight lifting with plastic bottles of Rice or Juice (you know the ones with the handles) great for toning your arms
Crunches/Sit ups and Squats are the other things
:D
Moomoo

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Moomoo wrote:For Excercise at home Try Step ups! Phew feel the burn!
My personal trainer has me stepping up onto my garden wall/proper aerobic step do it as fast as you can and then change legs. It's a real killer on your thighs and gets me really out of breath!
Have you tried Skipping with a rope? Thats cheap and easy to pick up at home too.
Weight lifting with plastic bottles of Rice or Juice (you know the ones with the handles) great for toning your arms
Crunches/Sit ups and Squats are the other things
:D

Some great suggestions Moomoo :D

Something else that gives you a bit of a kick is hill walking (which you could still do for 30 minutes, just makes your ticker work a little harder)? I do hill runs and man can you feel the burn :lol:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby meegs » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Talking about hill walks - apparently (according to my trainer) if you walk backwards it uses the same muscles as if you are doing a hill walk owww!!! :lol: 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Return to Weight loss Talk