It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 am

Free Newsletter

Easter Lesson for Me

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Easter Lesson for Me

Postby Jodie91 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:40 am

Hi All,
As some of you will know I have been a member here for a few months and although i lost a bit to start with (2kg) I have gained it all back :oops: .

Well my hubby went away over easter and I finally learnt why I have a hard time loosing weight. See my hubby snores badly and keeps me awake most nights and I was suffering from sleep deprivation to the point that I was too tired to care about cooking good foods or eating right or excercising. While he was away I slept great and didn't wake up once during the night compared to waking up to 6 times and often lying awake in the middle of the night for hours on end before finally falling alseep due to exhaustion. Last night I ended up sleeping on the couch due to it. Now i didn't loose weight over the easter break but I ate well and did lots of things that needed to be done around the house and you know what I DIDN'T eat one easter egg :mrgreen:

Now I face the problem of him being back home and even after one night I can feel myself falling back into the patten of sleep depreviation. I know that I can't blame sleep derivation on all of my lack of weight loss but I think it is a big part of it. It also has the effect of making the kids harder for me to deal with :(

I have told him he either goes to the chemist and tries some of the snore eze products (and gets me some ear plugs) or he sleeps on the couch.

Sorry about the ramble but i needed to vent a little about this

Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Re: Easter Lesson for Me

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:55 am

You poor thing...I know what I'm like when I don't sleep well - and it's not pretty!

My ex boyfriend snored so badly that I'd sleep on the couch in the loungeroom, with the door to the bedroom AND the loungeroom shut and I still couldn't sleep it was so loud.

Definately speak to a doctor / pharmacist about what he can try....you can't keep going on with no sleep.

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:16 pm

What was his response to your suggestion? Snoring not only impacts your health, but it will be negatively affecting his health as well. He should talk to a doctor about it. There are many different treatments on offer so hopefully he will find one that works for him.

It will be better to deal with this as a medical issue rather than you resorting to wearing ear-plugs. Trust me, they don't cut down the noise that much!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Sorry to hear ur not sleeping well.
i understand how u feel....when my little girl was born (now 6 months old) i tried to get back into
exercise and good eating after 6 weeks but i just couldnt because i was so tired from waking up to feed bubs every 2-3 hrs.
only when she started sleeping through the night could i really get onto it.
Like the others said...he needs to get it checked out because there are solutions to this problem.
Good luck!! and sleep well!!! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Jodie91 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone

I have been told about a spray that he can use at night that is supposed to help so hopefully it does will try something like that for a few nights and if it doesn't work will get him to go to the doctors. Was going to suggest going to the Dr sooner but due to his work he couldn't go until Sat and I can't wait that long without him doing something. This has been going on for over a year now and it was just him going away that really brought it home how badly I was sleeping.

Heres to a good nights sleep again tonight hopefully

Cheers
Jodie
[/url]
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:59 pm

I have a family member who snores like you wouldn't believe. When the bloke first heard it he was in stitches laughing rolling around on the floor - literally - he likened it to a chainsaw. This person went to a sleep clinic and they discovered that they snore on their back, stomach and sides and basically doesn't stop the whole night and also stops breathing at times, which interrupts their sleep. Their partner has earplugs and most nights goes to the spare room to sleep.

So I feel for you.

Is he overweight?? That can make things worse. I used to snore a bit, but I don't now unless I have a cold or something. There are medical ways to address the problem, but most of them have side effects or inconveniences. If you have the room, maybe it would work out better for all involved if you had separate rooms?? At least until the snoring is under control.

in the mean time, I hope the sandman finds you and brings you nice dreams...
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby SarahC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Oh that sounds awful! For both of you. I think snoring is a big problem, especially if he stops breathing during the night, that's pretty scary. I hope you find a solution really soon! Definitely get it looked into... Maybe a nice comfy spare bed in another room, until the snoring can be resolved?
SarahC

Postby Jodie91 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Yep he snores on his back, side, stomach alllll night most of the time it is just like really heavy breathing (like sleeping with an obsence phone caller) then there is the snorting and the grumbing noises thrown in at odd intervals just to make sure I dont know when they are comeing and really can't get to sleep. I know its not his fault but am sort of dreading going to bed tonight. He is not over weight at all so thats not the problem.

He is home now so will see what he found at the chemist if he remembered
Cheers
Jodie
[/url]
Jodie91

Return to Weight loss Talk