It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:55 am

Free Newsletter

sports bra shopping = shudder, but had a nice moment

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

sports bra shopping = shudder, but had a nice moment

Postby sunshine » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:17 pm

So I went sports bra shopping today, and in the change room there was a mirror to look in and a mirror close to see your rear reflection. So I am having a look at myself and noticed that my body shape is changing, I am getting more toned and muscly around my shoulders and arms and upper back, and my waist is definately smaller. I have more defination now, so I am pleased. BUT I still have this layer of body fat, I still have those horrid love handles on my sides/back just under the bra line.

What can I do to assist in getting rid of this, I know you can't spot reduce but this is my weekly programme, do I need to do more cardio to lose body fat overall. I do 3 gym workouts a week starting with 10 mins walking on treadmill, then I run for 5 mins on treadmill, I am trying each time to increase this. This gets me sweating and my heart rate up, then I get into my gym programme, which is free weights and machines. I also walk around 3/4 times a week for about 45 mins each time. I am eating good too. I can see I am losing weight but I stil have this layer of body fat, help please :D
sunshine

Re: sports bra shopping = shudder, but had a nice moment

Postby SarahC » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:57 am

I hear you about the love handles on the bra line!! This is my bug-bear too! And you know what, for whatever reason, it doesn't matter how loose your clothes are, they ALWAYS stick to that bit. I think the person that can invent a way of stopping the back fat from bulging when you put on a bra will be a multi millionaire!!! (any ideas lol)

Definitely work on more cardio, particularly the high intensity stuff. Walking is great, but the treadmilling will get things moving a lot quicker. Are you just doing the 15mins 3 times a week? As well as extending the time, try using the incline on the treadmill as well, that really does add to the cals burnt during the session :D
SarahC

Postby Moomoo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:57 pm

I bought myself a treadmill in a sale a little while ago - I know it sounds stupid but I wasn't really sure what to do on it! Run/Walk/incline/programs/speed
I have got myself a personal trainer (until my Wedding in September) and she wacked the incline up high and put the speed at a really fast walking pace. She said it was better for me to do that than run on a flat one. That might just be for me though?

My love handles are one thing that I really hate and what we have been working on. I have one of those big Gym balls and have done a lot of excercises on there. Love handles are disappearing slowly but seem to be the least affected my all my weight loss efforts! :evil:

Maybe one day!
Moomoo

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:42 pm

Your plan sounds great. Cardio definitely helps to burn energy.

Don't I wish we could spot reduce. Then I would target my problematic areas. It does eventually even out. It has taken me ages for my breast to reduce in size. Now it seems all the weight I'm losing is going from them. *Takes a happy sigh of relief* - I don't like big boobs :lol:

Have you thought of doing High Intensive Interval Training on the treadmill or bike? This works brilliantly at bringing the heart rate up and allowing recovery time to boot. Plus, studies have shown HIIT training can burn more fat.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby nutzy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:27 am

I bought a bra yesterday with the same love handle issues both sides of the bra strap, as well as fat bulging between tops of my boobs and the armpits. And there I was thinking that I looked so good :evil: Hubby says that it will go away with exercise, but I'm not so sure. I have been doing the same as you except 20 minutes on the treamill 3 times a week at a 3.5 incline and at a 3.7 speed - don't know what that is in Australian, coz mine is a British treadmill - LOL!!! Plus, I've been doing weights, but obviously not where it's needed coz I certainly am not losing the bulges around the bra straps. Good Luck with your weight loss though, and please let us know if you have any success in losing the bulges. :D

PS - the treadmill walking is getting rid of my bum though!!! :roll:

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby sunshine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks everyone, yes this problem area is a common one for us wee lasses!! It is sent to give us hell!! One thing I was previously doing on the treadmill was doing interval training, where the t/m does an incline then goes back down and repeats in intensity, the trainers said this is good for getting your heartrate up etc etc exactly what you guys are saying. So I am going to do that again.

Moomoo can I ask what exercises specifically you are doing on the gym ball, because I want to do the same, if your love handles are slowly reducing.

Best wishes to you all :D
sunshine

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:12 pm

Hey Nutzy, have you had a proper bra fitting? With a proper fitting bra you shouldn't have any over hang and bulges at the side of the bra, even with excess weight.

Before I started losing weight on my breast I was wearing the wrong size bra. Then I went and got a fitting and my gawwddd did it make a difference.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Return to Weight loss Talk