It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:15 am

Free Newsletter

the weird morphing body phenomena

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

the weird morphing body phenomena

Postby nutzy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:17 am

Do you have some days when you think you look brilliant in a certain outfit - it suits you, makes you look slimmer and gives you so much confidence, yet the next time you wear it, it looks gross, makes your tummy or boobs look fat, and doesn't seem to suit you at all. And yet you've lost more weight since the first time you wore it. Or is this just a "me " phenomena?

Do my eyes deceive me into thinking I look great the first time round because I so desperately want to look good in something or does the body do some weird morphing thing in which it may lose more weight in a certain area, which makes another area look bigger! It's bizzare! An example was a pair of trousers I bought from ebay. They fitted well, weren't cut too low or high, and were super comfortable - yet when I tried them on again, i felt that my tummy looked huge and I felt ungainly and fat in them, yet I had lost a couple of hundred grams since the first fitting.

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Re: the weird morphing body phenomena

Postby loveat116 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 am

Happens the same with me too!

I will buy something and think i look awesome in it the first time, then the next time i wear it i think i look disgusting!
Or if I look in at myself in it for too long it looks worse.

Its our perception, you actually look exactly the same! But when you purchase something your brain tells you it looks good because you want it, or you actually do look good in it but you then associate yourself with negative thoughts about it.

Thats why i have so many clothes i dont wear :(
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby SarahC » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:20 pm

I think it's the clothes. They change shape when you wear them and wash them, they really do! And it's only ladies clothes that do that, men's clothes don't because they make men's clothes out of quality materials and leave all the cheap garbage to us girls!!! :twisted:

That's why I never spend big money on clothes because I know that after a few wears they are not going to fit anymore, regardless of whether I have lost weight or gained!
SarahC

Postby sunshine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:20 pm

Same thing happens to me, but I look good in my bedroom mirror then I go to the bathroom and eek :shock: Must be the lighting or something, but suddenly I can see my belly sticking out ecetara
sunshine

Postby nutzy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Phew! I'm so glad it's just not my weird body then! :D

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:06 pm

I get this too.

When I get all doled up to go out, I think I look hot and then I walk past a window or mirror and see my reflection and think WTF was I thinking :?: :roll: :?

Do you also think that because you are losing the weight the clothes aren't fitting properly anymore, aren't being filled out in certain places etc that it has lost its shape with you new figure so it doesn't look as good as it did before when you where heavier, because you got the right size to fit your then shape? Am I making sense lol?

I'm still wearing some clothes that I wore at my heaviest because I'm not finished with my transformation yet and when I do get to goal I wanna go crazy with the clothes shopping. And they look so so wrong on me :lol: I am committing the ultimate sin according to the fashion gurus Trinny & Sysannah

Ella, I agree that our perception of what we see ourselves to be aren't always right. What we see in our minds and seeing through our eyes can affect us greatly because at times we may not see the same thing, this is what causes the body image problems :(
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Return to Weight loss Talk