It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:19 am

Free Newsletter

Losing Muscle

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Losing Muscle

Postby tania2573 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:03 am

Last week when i lost 1.8kgs C.K said it is good to lose .5-1kg per week(which i know)and said i may be losing muscle. Does anyone know if i am exercising everyday is it still possible to be losing muscle?
Or would they mean i could be losing muscle if im not exercising?
Any feedback much appreciated :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Re: Losing Muscle

Postby loveat116 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:15 am

tania2573 wrote:Last week when i lost 1.8kgs C.K said it is good to lose .5-1kg per week(which i know)and said i may be losing muscle. Does anyone know if i am exercising everyday is it still possible to be losing muscle?
Or would they mean i could be losing muscle if im not exercising?
Any feedback much appreciated :)

Usually you lose muscle along with fat, its basically inevitable.

If your doing a lot of cardio that wastes away muscle. So the best thing to do is add resistance training in if you haven't already, and make sure you are getting enough protein. Protein helps to restore damaged muscle from exercise.

Its really really hard to retain ALL your muscle whilst losing weight, but I wouldnt stress yourself over it too much!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:40 am

I have PDF all about "Burning Fat and Feeding the Muscle" I'l check out some of those statistics for you later and get back to you. Although there is some truth about running off muscle, it's no were as bad as the "hype" sugests. It's more about increasing your protiene, but you need to learn more about your protien source!, and what to have it with...as well as when & how much your body needs. The problem with todays diet is we eat WAY too much carbs & sugar!!!!!

I am only starting to loose around 1kg a week if that now...I think it is best to loose aroud .5kg but will get back to ou on that or if you PM me...I can help you source out the INFO that will answer all your quenstions on the subject! & more. With the right dietry habits and exercise plan you can do arobics without fear of loosing you muscle...as you get older MUSCLE is more important than losing fat & muscle togeather..........with the right knowledge you can be LEAN with a physice that utilizes muscle to burn fat while you even rest & sleep not to mention eat six times a day and never go hungry...

I fully encourage you to try out Censored:
http://www.censored.com.au/
http://www.censored.com.au/TrialForm.aspx
It is based on these principles and is an execelent aproach...I pretty much do the same as them....but adjust the carb& protien levles to my intensive training...................I dont like the messege on exercise they give...but hey, they are really selling to people who dont like exercise...LOL.....it's really a great way to lose weight if you can stick with it...............
PS...like others say....you need to do a resistance workout as well.....but never be afraid of arobics as with the right info...you will still lose fat & feed the muscle........goto go.....no time to even spell check.....GOOD LUCK!
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby tania2573 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:45 pm

Great thanks Love and Dave. I will check out that site and thanks for the info.Have a good week :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Return to Weight loss Talk