It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

My thoughts.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My thoughts.

Postby holly80 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:47 pm

I dont want to get under anyones skin here, but I just wanted to let you all know how I have been feeling. And yes its all my fault and I seriously know that. Sometimes I feel that only 1 person is supporting me on this forum. I am not going to name names but i think she would know who she is. I dont blame many people for following my progress because I can be very slack in replying to posts, but trust me I am following you all and I cant expect you all to follow and post in mine if I am not in yours.
Maybe that happens when your kind of new and you are trying to become part of the forum.

I have found this weight loss journey extremly hard, and not enjoyable at all. I have started and failed like 1000 times and it really gets me down. People say that if you want it bad enough then you will work for it, but my personalitly gives up extremly easy and if i mess up then I give up totally. Plus I dont like excerising much, thats why I have started a new excerise plan where I am going to try and do something active every weekend and walk during the week. But to be honest i live in a area which is close to a very bad area so I dont like walking alone, so I am going to get my hubby to come with me on most days. If i dont walk then i will do something like a circut at home or something else which will help my weight loss. I got bored of excerise because it became like an obession with me a few years ago and it became a routine that i got really upset if I didnt do it. thats what made me stop enjoying it.

Liek i said in my daily journal I have started a new plan of excerise and diet and I am really ready for it this time. Yes I have said it before but each day I am getting fatter and fatter and I dont like it. Before I used to think I was just a little over weight but now I see myself as quiet large and its getting me down. I hate going out in public when its hot and I have to wear a jumper because I dont have any self confidence, I hate the fact that I can wear jeans and a singlet, I hate the fact that hubby loves the beach but I refuse to go and most of all I hate the fact that when i sit down I have a roll of fat that just hangs out and that is so depressing.

I suppose I just wanted to take this time out to say sorry to you all, it must have been very frustrating to have someone on here which was not taking it all serioulsy and was not following through with her thoughts and efforts put into that. I promise I have changed. (After my caht with hubby last nigth it really opened my eyes) I am going to be strong and think positive about my life. Things are not as bad as i make them out to be. We live once and i shouldnt stress so much about life. If I stuff up then too bad, I will just continue my day as if I was on a diet and I need to think about the fanatic holiday I will have in qld next year if I get down to 70kilos.

And now I have my new pc i will spend more time on here and post away, so you cant get rid of me lol

Just wanted to let you all know that...... :D Sorry if this was a waste of time. Just needed to get it all out.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: My thoughts.

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Hey Holly,

I understand just how you feel. I must have thought about getting serious with diet and exercise daily for years. Every morning, in the shower, I'm planning how to go about losing the weight - and then nothing!!!! And then getting depressed and doing that negative "self talk" thing - you know, how fat and ugly I am, how I have no self control, how could I have let myself get this way, I'll never be able to get it back.... and so on (and on, and on, and on!!) But you know, I actually think I'm going to do it this time. I wish I'd discovered this forum years ago - it really helps to read about others going through the same issues, AND SUCCEEDING.

I'm new on the forum and would love a weight loss buddy - you'll probably be begging me to get the hell out of your threads!

Keep positive - we're both going to do it!

Much love, Sharon
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Tarz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi Holly,

I know it can be hard to get serious about the weightloss thing sometimes. It took me many times to get it started and each time i failed but i think what is needed is for that sudden realisation that your the only one that can make it happen. Its the day that you look at a certain picture, get a particular comment or see yourself in the mirror in a different way that pushes you. I'm not sure for me if it was a photo that pushed me or a comment that someone made innocently (the comment was, Tara i don't want to ask this but did you and sam get engaged cos your pregenat...its just the dress kinda makes you look you know...) i have not seen that person since December now and still not in a hurry to. For you it sounds like your moment was the chat to your hubby last night.
We are all here for you anytime you need us its just as you said its hard to post most days on everyones threads but there will always be 2 to 3 people constantly posting to you. Its also not that we don't have time but sometimes i have no idea what to post on someones thread. You'll see three people have already posted exactly what you were thinking and don't want to sound like your just coping them.
I really hope this new exercise plan works out for you, and the weightloss really gets under way.
I'm glad you finally have your laptop, you've been waiting ages for it.
holly80 wrote:I suppose I just wanted to take this time out to say sorry to you all, it must have been very frustrating to have someone on here which was not taking it all serioulsy and was not following through with her thoughts and efforts put into that.

Didn't once think you weren't taking it seriously, you hopped on here and told us that you wanted to lose weight which i believe you just needed the extra push to get in underway. A push no one on here could give you.
holly80 wrote:And now I have my new pc i will spend more time on here and post away, so you cant get rid of me lol

no one has told me to get away for being annoying so i don't think you'll have any problems :D

I don't know iff all that makes sense, i tend to ramble but i hope you get the gist of what i'm trying to say.
Good luck hun.
Tarz

Postby holly80 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:04 pm

Hey Tara I pmed you

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby Siana-leah » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:08 am

Hey Holly...
It can be easy to fall through the cracks on this forum...but as Tarz said...there is usually at least one person who will reply.
I found ur journal....to be honest i haven't been in the curvaceous and courageous thread...but i will be now. :D
I understand how you feel about feeling fat and a failure after the 100th time of trying to lose weight....but keep heart because it will happen.
I used to get soooo annoyed at myself because i kept failing. To be honest it all changed for me when i couldn't fit into a bridesmaid dress...and it was the largest size they had!
Honestly it just happens. I have said this before but ill say it again......if you just keep at it....there is no way u cant get to ur goal......so if u slip up...just get back to it....
im rambling.....anyway...ill check on ur progress from now on....sorry i missed it before :oops: :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby LillyPilly » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:29 am

Hi Holly,

I'm new to the forum too and find it a little intimidating.

My cousin Bella (HappyBella55) encouraged me to join and she's given me some wonderful advice.

I am going to share with you what she told me about never giving up. Bella with her wise words says failing only happens if you give up. You cannot fail if you continue to try and do not give up.
LillyPilly

Postby holly80 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Thankyou all who replied and some lovely pm's I got. I really appreciate it. I suppose I just find it hard to settle into forums. I have not really been on many and I just thought I would give this a go. I suppose with all forums you have a group of people who are close and reply to each others posts. In the end I dont dislike any of you and some people do support me and I thank you for that. I just got a bit disapointed to look at my history and see alot of ppl stop posting when I have or I dont get many replies. But thats not to say lets have a pitty party for poor holly, I just wanted to say sorry for starting then stopping and starting again. This time its different. Look its day 2 and i am still going well lol....

Anyway thanks for listening, I hope I havnt caused any tention on here... :D

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby ~Rose~ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:11 pm

It's all cool in my book Holly :D Speaking for myself I understand what a challenge loosing weight can be not only physically but emotionally. I know I'm as grateful as can be for as much support as I can get and if I can return that support to others in even just a little way, then I'm more than happy to do so :)
Hang in there hon, there's plenty of us holding on there beside you :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby holly80 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:46 pm

thanks rose :D

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby Cac33 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Hey Holly I have just PM'd you. :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby holly80 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Cac33 wrote:Hey Holly I have just PM'd you. :D

cool I pmed you back, thanks

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby sunshine » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:06 pm

Holly, I am sorry I am just replying to this thread. I don't get online alot and maybe thats why I don't reply to alot of posts. I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are feeling like this, you have been a great support to me, giving me advice and kind words, and I will make a great effort to do better by joining in more here, when I can. It's like I get on here and there is so much to catch up on, but I promise that I am following your progress and wish you only the best.

Best wishes to you.
sunshine

Return to Weight loss Talk