It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:12 am

Free Newsletter

Questions about Calorie King

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Questions about Calorie King

Postby Tarz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi,

So i have recorded my food for yesterday and today into calorie king and i was close to my 1480 allowance that it has set for me. Then i added my exercise, and it has gone down to about 1000 calories :? Does that mean i am supposed to eat another 500 calories to get it back up? meaning i eat close to 2000 calories in total? It just doesn't sound right to me and i know alot of you guys and gals use calorie king so i was hoping you could clear that up for me.

Cheers
Tara
Tarz

Re: Questions about Calorie King

Postby Cac33 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Yeah I was wondering the same thing! Yesterday I had 1360 cals but after exercise that bought it down to 844. So if anyone knows the answer I would love to know as I have never gone over my calorie allowance once I have added in my exercise.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Jisgone » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:49 pm

technically u can eat your excercise calories back but most people dont unless they are feeling extra hungry after their workout, youll lose weight quicker if u dont eat them back :)
Jisgone

Postby Tarz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi Jewles, That makes sense but also confuses me because then your under your reccomended amount and i have been told your body will go into starvation mode if you don't eat enough cals?
Tarz

Postby Siana-leah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:16 pm

To be honest it confuses me aswell!!
I dont lose weight if i eat the extra!! But the idea behind it is that you lose slowly...either way i can never fit in the extra calories...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:08 pm

I asked my trainer at the gym this same question. I was quite concerned because on the days I was working hard at the gym or had hockey training, my total cals for the day were around 1000-1200. My trainer said not to worry about my net calorie intake, it's only your total calorie intake that you should be worried about.

If you're meant to be eating 1600 cals a day and you're hitting that, any exercise you do during the day is a bonus. You can choose to eat more cals if you're still hungry after the weight loss, but if you don't eat them, then you will lose weight faster.

It's similar on the WW program. You're allowed a certain number of points to eat per day, if you exercise you earn bonus points which you can either use to eat more food or if you don't use them you'll lose weight faster.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby electrongirl » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:37 pm

yes I have never used my bonus points with WW. I always felt that what was the point of exercising if your just going to eat more!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Tarz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:37 am

MagicGirl79 wrote:I asked my trainer at the gym this same question. I was quite concerned because on the days I was working hard at the gym or had hockey training, my total cals for the day were around 1000-1200. My trainer said not to worry about my net calorie intake, it's only your total calorie intake that you should be worried about.

If you're meant to be eating 1600 cals a day and you're hitting that, any exercise you do during the day is a bonus. You can choose to eat more cals if you're still hungry after the weight loss, but if you don't eat them, then you will lose weight faster.

It's similar on the WW program. You're allowed a certain number of points to eat per day, if you exercise you earn bonus points which you can either use to eat more food or if you don't use them you'll lose weight faster.
I asked my trainer at the gym this same question. I was quite concerned because on the days I was working hard at the gym or had hockey training, my total cals for the day were around 1000-1200. My trainer said not to worry about my net calorie intake, it's only your total calorie intake that you should be worried about.

Thankyou so much, that makes sense. In otherwords i should enter my food intake see my total calories then enter my exercise.
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:13 am

That makes sense then. Thanks for clearing that up :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:08 pm

I'm eating 1800 cal diet, which the sports nutritionist planned out and I was assured it would be enough food to sustain me and all the physical activity I'm currently doing and enough to create a deficit to lose the weight. When I wasn't eating the right balance I was losing weight quickly like 1.2kgs weekly but the side effect was that my body didn't have enough energy and boy did I notice it in my running :lol:

Everyone is different and we burn energy at a different rate. Tara and Cass I would suggest maybe experimenting for a week, some days eat back those calories and others don't, this will create a calorie cycle, which will fool your body and keep it guessing so your metabolism doesn't stay constant and keeps increasing. Then see how the weigh in goes that week, if you are happy with the results continue doing that if you aren't then don't.

Most of all if you aren't hungry don't force yourself to eat extra food. However, if you intensive exercise everyday then your body will definitely need the extra fuel :D

It's all trial and error, what works for one person may not necessary work for the other :D Its no rush to lose the weight quickly. The slower it comes off the more permanent it is and we'll all be waving *bye bye* to the shed fat :D and the fat cells in our body (boo hoo that they'll never disappear like the fat itself :( ) won't be screaming to be refilled, which usually happens with rapid weight loss.

:oops: I always have to put my 2 bob's worth lol :lol:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Tarz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:11 pm

it was a good 2 bob's worth. I might try that idea but not until next week so i can do a full weeks trial.
Thanks for your input!
Tarz

Postby Czarina » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:16 pm

I make sure I eat my exercise cals back to the 1200 minimum. Every now and then I will eat back to my recommended 1630, if I feel like it. It can come in handy around TTOTM - LOL!
Czarina

Postby Diminishing » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:06 pm

I have just been experimenting with Calorie King and I am so glad I came in here to read this!

Is that why, even though I have entered my food/excercise/water etc, on my Today page it comes up with a little red exclamation mark, indicating I haven't eaten "enough" calories?
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Lucy just ignore the red cross if your not eating back your exercise calories. As long as you meet your target calorie budget for the day all is sweet.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Return to Weight loss Talk