It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Need Some Control - Please Help

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Need Some Control - Please Help

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:34 am

Hi Ella,
Good on you for going to you GP. I know it's hard but I hope you also tell them about using the dexamphetamines. This is CRUCIAL for their assessment of you because they can produce other effects that they might otherwise misdiagnose. Also if they prescribe you medication, they need to know what else you are taking so there are no bad side effects of mixing them.

Also, can I just say (both for your info and anyone else reading this thinking, "hey, there's an idea") using dexamphetamines to control weight, without a GP controlling it is a bad, bad idea. They can be nasty because the way they work is to kind of ramp up your central nervous system so you run on hyperdrivre and that can do bad things for your body and your mind (street versions of this type of drug - amphetamines- include speed and ice)

Here's a list of some possible side effects.
■ anxiety, suspiciousness ■ panic attacks ■ pale skin ■ headaches, dizziness ■
restlessness ■ shaking ■ hostility, aggression, irritability ■ psychosis (a serious break
with reality, hallucinations and delusions) ■ increased heart rate and blood pressure ■
increased rate of breathing ■ sleeplessness.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:12 pm

How is everything going Ella?

Did you go see your GP, I hope so hun :)
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby loveat116 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:41 am

HappyBella55 wrote:How is everything going Ella?

Did you go see your GP, I hope so hun :)

Yeah I did.
You'd probably all be happy to know im back at the clinic as an outpatient, stupid doctors with their stupid duty of care, once I told her about the drugs and the purging she didn't have a choice.

Its probably not best for me to stay on this board, I don't think I will be a good influence on anyone around here
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby MagicGirl79 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:46 pm

[/quote] Its probably not best for me to stay on this board, I don't think I will be a good influence on anyone around here[/quote]

In actual fact it's probably best for you to stay!! The positive feelings that will come from everyone on here will support you through this tough time.

You're probably feeling a little down at the moment, but trust me, no-one thinks negatively about you and we'd all love you to hang around. There may be others who are experiencing similar things at the moment and reading through your ups and downs may help them to seek their own help.

Please don't leave us...
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:01 pm

Kate's right. This board is a great source of support for us all, so if you are receiving the support you need here then by all means stay! I don't think you are a negative influence at all. If anything your decision to tackle your current issues in a positive way makes you a great role model for others in your position. If you find that the board helps you in your quest for wellness then please stay. However if you find that this board has a negative impact on your recovery, or if your doctors advise you should stop coming here for a while, then I understand your decision to leave.

I wish you all the best and hope that you get better soon, Ella!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fireball » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:53 pm

I agree. What I see is - you have disclosed your personal concerns to people on this forum because you do recognise there is a problem. That takes guts and is a credit to you. Then you followed up to deal with your issues. That is fantastic and a positive example for others. We all have our own personal issues to deal with - sometimes we need to talk to others, sometimes we need support, other times advice and professional guidance. That is the benefit of a forum like this. You are able to talk to people who understand that we are all in different sitauations and trying to sort it out what we need to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles. If you think you will benefit from the forum, it is great to have you here!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby electrongirl » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:48 am

I think you should talk to your doctor or therapist and ask them what they think about you being on here.

I myself think you should avoid anything that makes you focus on weightloss etc for the time being, just until you can get your thoughts straightened out. To be constantly reminded of dieting etc may have a negative affect on you.

However dropping in every now and then to let us all know how you are going would be great!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:03 am

Ella you need to do what it right for YOU, and stop worrying about the rest of us (we're big and ugly enough to look after ourselves... well at least I know I am).
1) You did the right thing by seeking help when you recognised that you were struggling, that must have been hard for you and so I just want to say well done.
2) I don't think anyone here thinks badly of you because you are going through what you are. Quite the contrary, we just want to support you to get the best care possible and to be as healthy as you can be.
3) I agree that maybe you should chat to your docs. We don't know your current medical/psychological notes and it's not our place to be making those calls for you. The medics and psychs you are working with will have a better idea of what is likely to be helpful for you right now and all they want to do is help you be 100% pure, unadulterated, happy, healthy Ella. Maybe they might suggest that it's not a good site for you right now and suggest you come back later, in which case we will all understand and look forward to any news of how you are going. Maybe they might say this site would be a good support for you right now given that we are aware that you're going through some trouble right now. Hey, maybe they might even want to drop in themselves and share a bit of knowledge with us so we can all be aware of the facts about the flip side of the journey we're on!

And as aways, if you need a local, just drop me a line!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Hey Ella

Not sure if you're reading this, I know there are some people reading it who aren't replying and have some simply LOVELY things to say about what you're going through :roll: :roll:, but I hope you are anyway!

Well done for admitting your problems, that's the hardest part. I think that for you to be able to recover properly, I agree with Nikki, that you do need to be away from forums like this where all we talk about is weight loss. You don't need that stuff on your mind, it's hard enough trying not to think about it without coming on here. That's why I've not been on here much, and probably won't be at all anymore. There comes a time where you just don't need to be thinking about it all the time, it's not healthy. Just keep in touch with the people you want to on here :)

Hope you get better soon
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey Ella.

*Hugs* to you sweetie for having the courage to admit you are having problems again and for going to your GP to get help.

I know how hard it is to admit there is a problem, a close family friend is suffering Anorexia, it took a heart attack, almost dying & a lengthy stay in ICU for her to finally allow for the help that's been offered to her for years and to admit there was a problem. Admitting and acknowledging is a huge step, and a very hard one at that. I'm so proud of you for getting the help you need :D

I also agree with Nicky and Em. Though we can offer you support, just being in an environment were everyone's main goal is to lose weight isn't healthy for you at present. That does not mean we don't want you here, we just want you to get fit and healthy first.

Do pop by from time to time and let us know how your going hun.

I'm so glad you are getting the help you need sweetie, I've been worried about you for a long time.

Mwah
xoxo Bella
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk