It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Im coming home

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Im coming home

Postby shelbel » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:40 pm

Hello wonderful people!

Well as you may have guessed im back after my little battle with the binge monster. Im baring some new scars (in the form of 3 extra kgs) And some new weapons (jenny craig, self help books! :D ) I really have been put through the wringer so to speak in the time i have been away and i feel about ready to have another go at losing this weight for good. Its so true when people say that losing weight isnt just about the body, its about the mind also. I was no longer in the right head space to lose weight and to tell the truth i didnt care, i had other things to worry about! I wont go into it too much, but in this time ive had my mother have a cancer scare (still waiting on results for this but doc says it looks good/treatable) ive been feeling major guilt about not being there for her as i live in Perth and she lives in Victoria. My partner's step brother died and we had family staying with us for a while for the funeral, and ive been depressed. Just getting through a working day has been a real feat lately so i really havent had the energy for anything else. Im only just starting to feel like me old self again now.

Through all this i have learnt and am still learning a whole lot about myself and the way i cope with things, which is of course turning to food. I thought i was going fine with the emotional eating when i beat boredom and panic eating, but i soon learnt a whole level of emotional eating!

So ive started jenny craig because i got to the point where i was getting too caught up on counting points and im just so tired of thinking about everything i put in my mouth. This is the way for me to go back to basics without it leading to obession! Plus its so darn easy and convinent :D Im sorry that i havent been there for others, but im gonna make it up to you all!

Also i just wanted to say publically thank you to everyone who tried to help me, even those who just sent positive vibes my way :D And a big, huge, massive thank you to Bella. Hon, you will never really know just how much you helped me in my hour of need! You are a wise woman :D Thank you for taking the time to check on me and offer your advice and support. Same also goes for Sassi, although she may not read it in here, thank you to you too doll! XXX

Ok, enough from me, i'm gonna need all the weekend to catch up with everyone! And Big Hi to the new people! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Re: Im coming home

Postby lng86 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:11 pm

YAY! You are back!

And it sounds like you are now in the right headspace to lose those last few kilos. Not long to goal now. Good work!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum and partner's step brother. You poor thing. I truly do hope that the test results come back negative.

We are all here to support you - so yell out if you need anything.

You can most definitely beat those last few kilos! Look how far you've come already!!!

Hugs,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Tarz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post, i look forward to catcjhing up on your journey, you have lost an incredible number already!
It sounds like you have been through the wringer of late, it sounds like a good idea to ease yourself back into and start back at basics. Weightloss isn't about making yourself stress.
Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Tara
Tarz

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Well done on admitting your problems and coming back, babe :D I'm so proud of you!!! It sounds like you've been through a really rough time lately, so it's sooo easy to turn to food in those circumstances. I really hope things get better for you, you deserve to be happy :)
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby wilmawalrus » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi

Just read your thread and am glad you're able to come back here for support. You've obviously had a horrendous time, and there's no point in even giving too much thought about weight and food when that sort of stuff is going on (as I know from a VERY similar experience last year).

Be kind to yourself and make this as easy as possible for yourself - Jenny Craig is a very sensible way to go. I'm the same - thinking too hard about food and what to eat just adds to the problem (I'm doing Lite N Easy, and it's been fantastic).

Take care and just know that everyone in here is in your corner.

Lisa xx :D

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby holly80 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:17 pm

Coming back and getting support from us guys will hopefully help you out. I am free anytime you want to chat, if you like. I lost someone close to us a few months ago and I know it hurts like hell...
Try and take care of yourself and your hubby. We are all thinking of you

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Welcome back, Shel. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your partner's step-brother and your mother's health scare. I hope Jenny Craig works well for you and that you have an opportunity to emotionally heal over the next few months. And above all I hope your mum's test results come back with good news.

It's really great to see you back around here again. *Hugs*
EvilWombatQueen

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Welcome Back hun !

That damn monster is doing the rounds :evil: I set up some boobie traps for Em and believed they worked a treat ... you want me to set some up for you ? :mrgreen:

Im sorry that things have been tough, however Im certain that you can and WILL do this. You're fantastic :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:21 pm

You must get Helen to boobie-trap your place, Shel!! It worked for me last night :wink: :wink: :lol:
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:35 pm

Welcome Home baby :D

I'm so glad you have won the battle with the binge monster. At times, we lose control but knowing we can win the battle and regain control makes the journey one we wont forget. It is something to look back on and reflect upon. We all have moments in life were we fall upon old habits but that does not make us losers, just makes us human.

Good on you for picking up from where you left on from. I knew you would babe, you said yourself you've never reached this low weight in your adult years, and before everything went haywire you were in a groove and it shone through.

Glad to hear you've backed yourself with some great tools (in the form of self-help books and JC). As you know, I'm a self-help book addict and when reading beyond the cliche babble there is some really valuable information there. JC would make to sticking to this easier too, no thinking required and you don't have to consume yourself with point counting - I know how sick you were feeling about that.

I so agree with you, conquering the mind is the key element of weight loss. When in a good head space it becomes easy, when in a bad space....weight loss...what weight loss. It seems frivolous when other things are going on and you find yourself thinking about weight all the time because the fear of thinking about the reality of life is too scary and when you eat to compensate a feeling you start to get the guilts, then annoyance...and it goes on and on until finally you have to take a step back. Taking a break from it all has certainly done you the world of good.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother hun. Hope you and your family receive good news with the results. Mother love can never begrudge babe. Your mother knows you love her and knows if you could, you would be there with her. Being there in spirit and being in constant touch and knowing you are there for her is reassurance.

I wish I could jump through the computer screen and give you a huge hug *hugs*.

I'm also sorry to hear about your boy's brothers death :(.

I'm not surprised you are feeling depressed after all thats happened. Just remember there is light at the end of the deep dark hole. I'm happy you are starting to feel like your old self again babe :D

Oh yeah there are whole levels of emotional eating. This path we are on is full of new discoveries to be made, faced and conquered.

Babe, don't be silly! After everything that's been happen, the break was well needed. I'm just glad to have you back :D

awwwww babeeeeee......I'm blushing now :lol: I know you would have done the same for me, so you don't have to thank me.

See ya round the forum darl :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby shelbel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Thank you, each and everyone of you thank you. I would never have got to where i am (well was and will be again soon) if it werent for all you guys,the new folks and the familiar faves ive known for a while and of course the people who have left, you have all helped me in one way or another. Sometimes simply reading that someone has lost a whole kilo this week helps me because it reminds me that it can be done! :D

I feel so much more positive since i came back, i feel close to back on track, my attitude towards food is getting better and im getting healthier again, and im binge free!! The binge monster cleaning ritual must have affected me too!!! :wink: Ive had a big emotional clean out and it feels good.

Again, thank you all for your kind words! :D

Keep on truckin'
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Return to Weight loss Talk