It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 am

Free Newsletter

What weight loss Method are you using?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What weight loss Method are you using?

Postby Livy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:58 am

I have used Admin Censored twice, with moderate success, before getting sick of it, or running out of money to pay for it.
I have also put together my own diets over the years, and not stuck to them.
This time, I came across Betalife on the internet, and because I am breastfeeding, I can't take anything drug wise etc.
I am waiting for my package to arrive.

What diet are all of you on, and what others have you tried?
Livy

Postby Dolly » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:03 am

DIETS I'VE TRIED

The Starvation Diet
Chocolate Diet
Weight Watchers
Easy Slim
Slim Fast (home delivery meals)
eDiets weight loss Plan
Mini-Meals Diet
Cholesterol Lowering Plan
Healthy Soy Plan
High-Fiber Plan
Hypoglycemia Low-Sugar Plan
Low-Sodium Plan
Lactose-Free Plan
Living with Diabetes Plan
Vegetarian Plan
Atkins Nutritional Approach
Glycemic Impact Diet
Alternative to Jenny Craig Diet
Perricone Nutritional Face-Lift Diet
Fats and Figures Diet
The Slim Fast Meal Plan
Eating for Life
Blood Type Diet
Admin Censored
The Mayo Clinic Plan
The South Beach Diet
The Montignac Diet
The Sacred Heart Memorial Diet
Cabbage Soup Diet
Don't Diet Plan
Hypothyroid Diet
The Tony Ferguson Diet.

A lot of the diets had no effect on me because I have a thyroid gland disorder
(sometimes when the thyroid medication doesn't work, I can eat an apple and
a slice of bread per day and gain weight from it)
At the moment I keep switching between the last two on that list as they give
me enough protein (without having to break the bank) to stop my hair falling out.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:43 am

Well I have tried the weight watchers point system but that didn't work because I worked out that I could eat plenty of crap as long as I exercised! Plus sometimes I would conveniently forget that I ate a chocolate! I guess I sabotaged myself when it came to that. I then tried that horrid soup diet thing! I lasted 2 meals. That was lunch and tea. There was no way I could eat that soup for breakfast. Plus it was all chunky. I was talking to my hair dresser the other day and she is about to go on it again, she lost a few kilos through it before, and she said she pureed the soup up. Found it easier to drink than eat with a spoon. I still can't stomach it. At the moment I have been having pumpkin soup for lunch most days. Home made with just pumpkin, water and a couple of chicken stock cubes in it. I can't see anything wrong with that. I do have a piece or 2 of bread with it tho, which probably isn't that great for me. And I make a nice vege soup again with a couple of stock cubes and a smidge of oil when browning the onion. so I don't see that as being too bad. But I eat too much crap. Always have. I need to get it into my brain to stop eating so much crap. I read somewhere that this lady has a bag of treats for herself, small choccy bags, lollies whatever, and has that made up for the week. Well she only can have what is in that bag and once that is gone then that's it for the week. So I guess I could think about doing something like that. But I just need to get out of the habit of standing in the cupboard looking for junk to eat. Or the fridge! I think it's easier to change what you are eating rather than going on a diet as such. Its needs to be something you do for life. I'm not into taking pills etc. I've never tried any meal replacement shakes or bars. I am thinking about that tony ferguson thing tho. I'm not a huge breakfast eater and most mornings just have a banana and cup of tea and I never know what to have for lunch unless i have a pot of soup or something. But how much does it cost. The old boy will go spare with me if I buy them tho. I did once buy these metabolism booster tablets that you had to take twice a day 30 mins before eating. I hid them right in the back of the pantry so he wouldn't see them because i knew he would go mad at me. Which when he found them he did!!! I took them for 3 days because they started to make me feel sick. I think they are still sitting in the cupboard. I'm not really tempted to take them. I took the kelp tablets the beginning of the year but I don't know that they made a difference.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:23 pm

I'm on the "eat sensibly and exercise more" diet which only takes the rest of your lifetime of constant learning and trying and costs nothing but the cost of fresh foods and exercise/sport equipment
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby carleyjt » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:54 pm

I lost most of it by the healthy eating and exercise way but i have been stcuk at 68kgs for a while so now i use a chemical free vitamin shake for two meals as well as lots of fresh food and vegetables. It is hard to get used to but i only have a little way to go so hopefully it shouldnt be too long :?
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:26 pm

Previously I have lost up to 7kgs twice and I used a basic healthy eating plan from a diet a friend was on coupled with the weight watchers point system. Although once I got to 7kg I got more and more lax and eventually stopped altogether. Now, I am doing Lite n Easy. They suggested I go on the lowest cal plan :( which is 1200 cals a day and I thought I would be ready to chew my arm off the first week but surprisingly I was fine. :) Have been worried what happens when I reach my goal weight but am finding this is slowly teaching me to control my portion size and I know think about what I am putting in my mouth. I like the structure of it and find that as I can see exactly how much food I have for the day I tend to think well there's nothing else I need and have been able to say no to all the choccy, cake etc constantly on offer at work. I find the food each day is adequate for me and I have started exercising too and want to make exercise a daily thing. As I haven't had to cook my own meals for years I simply am not interested in doing so now so that is why this seems to be working for me. I ummed and arred about it for about 6 months due to the cost and also hubby was upset as I think he thought I was blaming his cooking, he is cooky you see. I don't blame anyone but me, I am responsible for what goes in my mouth and for filling up my plate a second time! I finally started eating better and what I thought was healthy and didn't see even a point of a kilo loss so I talked it over with hubby about the Lite n Easy and he has been supportive ever since, especially when he started to see the weight loss. Like any eating plan you need to find what works for you and this seems to be it for me, I already feel so much healthier and on this the food doens't let you eat until your stuffed...I am finding that a feeling I don't miss!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Angel » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:00 pm

I've been on WW about 3 times with great success but once I'm down to my goal weight I start cheating and piled it on again - if I followed the maintenance points plan, I would still be in control of my weight. Totally recommend it but its like counting kilojoules so not for everyone.

I have also been on the Blood Type Diet and lost 9kgs but found it very unrealisitic - no pasta, very little bread, no cheese, hell, I wasn't even allowed tomatoes and capsicum (I love these!), certain fish - it was way too restrictive for me - I put it all back on and more. I did however learn to limit how much pasta and bread I eat as I used to eat a fair amount. By doing this I don't get bloated anymore - greeeeeeeeeat!

I am now making healthy meal choices and exercising when I can (CFS limits how much exercise I can do). I began counting kilojoules because there was a week that I stayed the same but thought I had a fantastic week, this seems to be helping me but I don't particular want to count KJs for ever. I'm thinking that I will become so familiar with the KJ count of foods and how much food I eat daily that it'll become second nature and I won't have to refer to my KJ book.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby tabbycat » Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 pm

HI all.

I have used easyslim twice and had great success. 1st with a friend and 2rd times after baby 1. (I put on about 30kg with baby one).

So after baby 2 - I am following the easyslim since I have all the books but with healthy eating as well. Hard work
Trying to do more excercies but I am finding that harder then healthy eating.

Use WW magazine- great for recipes and information.

Tabbycat :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
tabbycat

Return to Weight loss Talk