It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Sabotaging myself - HELP !!!!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabotaging myself - HELP !!!!!!

Postby wilmawalrus » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:56 am

I need a bit of advice - ever since Easter I have been going off-track, and haven't lost any weight (haven't gained either but it's been almost a month without a loss).

I haven't been binging, just sabotaging myself in small ways - alcohol, desserts and social get-togethers which take me away from my Lite N Easy regime. It's not every day or evening, but invariably the social slip-ups are on the weekend, which don't help my Monday morning weigh-in.

Also, my exercise has dwindled due to bad weather (I walk), too much work, and now school holidays (with a bad weather combo thrown in).

I know what I NEED to do, just some tips on how to get back on track with motivation/staying strong in the face of temptation would be very helpful.

Thanks, Lisa

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Re: Sabotaging myself - HELP !!!!!!

Postby holly80 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:32 am

you sound exactly like me and what I do. Something has cicked inside me and now taking it seriously. Its ok to slip up and treat ourselves though. Maybe is there a piece of favourite clothing you want to get back into. try it on and take a pic of yourself in them and start documenting your progress or do you have a event to go for which you can try and look great for?

Remember you have stayed the same weight and not put on. i think that is a achievement itself. Keep going you can do this.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Fireball » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:06 pm

Lisa I have beeen going through the same thing. For a while I was doing great then kapow. I just lost touch with my desire to move on. This is what I am doing.
I visit this forum to stay in touch with positive people who give me support.
I have re-evaluated my goals and rewards. Set a target, and work out a suitable reward that may be motivating.
Visualisation - what will you look like when you lose the weight? In that special outfit? Will you feel more energetic? Do you pant when you walk? Do your thighs rub together? Is it embarrassing to wear your bathers? Imagine how good it will feel to be free of these symptons.
I am making myself do small things a number of times a day because I just found it too hard to do the big things. But I know momentum will build up if I keep going.
Finally, I just decided I've had my little sympathy session now I have to make myself. Otherwise I'll stay in a rut. I dont want to be fat for the rest of my life! :shock: Do you? [Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but that is how I'm motivating myself] I want to be fit and striong. Be positive and powerful.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby nutzy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:56 am

i have moments like this too when I seem to really get hungrier than at other times and this is when I slip up, but not badly. I don't binge on choccies or crisps and alcohol has no appeal anyway, but the slighest deviation from my diet, eg 2 more cream crackers with low fat cottage cheese than ususal, seems to throw the whole thing, and I lose nothing that week. It's so annoying.

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks everyone!!

I think you're right Fireball - a resetting of goals and small milestones might be the way to go. I'm trying to get de-cluttered around the house today, and I think that as part of it, I'll write some mini-goals down to aim for.

I DID actually get a walk in yesterday, so I feel like I'm slowly getting back on the right track (but the weather today is not looking promising at all).

I really appreciate everyone's support - this forum is an amazing place with many inspirational people.

Cheers, Lisa xx :mrgreen:

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby holly80 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:23 pm

wilmawalrus wrote:Thanks everyone!!

I think you're right Fireball - a resetting of goals and small milestones might be the way to go. I'm trying to get de-cluttered around the house today, and I think that as part of it, I'll write some mini-goals down to aim for.

I DID actually get a walk in yesterday, so I feel like I'm slowly getting back on the right track (but the weather today is not looking promising at all).

I really appreciate everyone's support - this forum is an amazing place with many inspirational people.

Cheers, Lisa xx :mrgreen:

well done on going for a walk. You seem to be heading in the right direction. trust me, when your ready it will happen for you. And making small changes like going for a walk is a fanastic start, keep it up

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Fireball » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Good on you Lisa. Keep it up. I went for a walk too. :D We'll make it.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby nutzy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:28 pm

I live in Scotland, and here if I want to walk, I have to do it in spite of the weather. If a little rain put me off, I would never walk coz it never stops raining. :D Flipping miserable country! :evil: I was out the other day in the pouring rain, howling wind and my nose was getting more exercise than me, coz it was running while I was only walking LOL! The chill makes my eyes and nose run so I can barely see where I'm going too AND it's supposed to be Spring. I think there'll be a lot more walking done soon, coz were having a huge fuel crisis and the major refineries are closing down due to strike action. :(

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby Pinkgirl » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:16 am

Can I add a small advice?

Whenever I was during a diet period I had different pictures in my room with overweight girls.
Everytime when I sensed that I am close of going off track I just took a glance at those pictures.
And this worked for me perfectly. As I was seeing how I could end up if I would quit the diet, I got an incredible motivation.
Try it, it worked for me. :)
Weight loss tips, advices and much more at the Weight Loss Note
Pinkgirl

Return to Weight loss Talk