It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:10 am

Free Newsletter

biggest loser

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

biggest loser

Postby holly80 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:51 pm

I was not sure were to put this but I needed to have a little vent. I am sitting here watching the biggest loser and it has really upset me.

These ppl have lost so much weight, and now they weigh less then me and I have done nothing but sat here on my big bum doing nothing about it (until now) but I just cant believe it....

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: biggest loser

Postby jilliansmyhero » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:25 pm

omg thats so me, like we're about to finish another australian one and america about to finish there new one 2 and here i am STILL fat, ive got everything i need to lose weight, dvds, weights and eating plans but i just cant get started and stay motivated but if i keep going i wont be able to do much as ill be so big :(
jilliansmyhero

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:09 pm

I know how you feel, Holly and JMH, but don't forget that the contestants on BL have been able to just focus on their diet and exercise to the exclusion of all else for the past 3 months! Just imagine what you guys would have achieved if you'd been in the same position. :D .

Anyway, we are all doing something about our weight now - and starting to see the results! I've just posted in Challenges - I have to attend a conference in 5 weeks and want to get down to 95kg by then (HUGE - no pun intended - ask)
Want to come with? :mrgreen:
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Moomoo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:29 pm

They do something rediculous like 6 hours training a day in the house though!
I'd rather loose it slowly and not have all that access flabby skin that'll need chopping off afterwards! (like a lot of the contestants from the last series - Including Adro)

Someone just mentioned to me that I've been dieting the same amount of time than the biggest loser has been on but I've lost 10.5kg and the biggest loser people have lost 30kg+
So what?! I'm still 10.5kg lighter than I was 3 months ago I want to loose it slowly and keep it off! loose it fast and your something like twice as likely to put it back on again.

Fiona from the last series put back on all her weight once she left the house. She's back on the wagon now (I think with Kate Morgan or something?!)
Moomoo

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Moomoo wrote:They do something rediculous like 6 hours training a day in the house though!
I'd rather loose it slowly and not have all that access flabby skin that'll need chopping off afterwards! (like a lot of the contestants from the last series - Including Adro)

Someone just mentioned to me that I've been dieting the same amount of time than the biggest loser has been on but I've lost 10.5kg and the biggest loser people have lost 30kg+
So what?! I'm still 10.5kg lighter than I was 3 months ago I want to loose it slowly and keep it off! loose it fast and your something like twice as likely to put it back on again.

Fiona from the last series put back on all her weight once she left the house. She's back on the wagon now (I think with Kate Morgan or something?!)

Soooo agree with you here.

Its unrealistic and unhealthy to lose that much weight in such a short amount of time. How many past contestants have maintained their weight without having some gain (or massive gains?). NONE OF THEM.

The slower the better as its guaranteed to stay off
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby jilliansmyhero » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:58 pm

yeah but what we're saying is that we've lost little or no weight in all that time.
jilliansmyhero

Postby Moomoo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:10 pm

If you have lost a little then that is still good as you are going in the right direction!

If you have stayed the same then that isn't bad either - At least you are not putting it on.

Use this as motivation? Why not set yourself a biggest loser challenge, have 3 months to get to a particular goal and then reward yourself if you make it in 3 months time?

Your obviously aware that you need to do something about your weight and that is a good start.

However you need to really want this to make it work - Thats where I always fall down. Only you can do this for you.
Moomoo

Postby emma85 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:34 pm

I can definately understand your frustrations - im the same!
For me, when you watch the first episode you kind of think 'well at least im not that bad!' but gradually as they start to get closer and close to your weight (and for me at 92 kgs most of the female contestants have passed me!) it becomes 'censored!'.

Everyone is right - if you had the same opportunities they had and the motivations in the house you would be doing just as spectacular.
Something to keep in mind though is that the slower you lose large amounts of weight the less likely you will need things like skin removal surgery, the less likely you will put it back on, and the more likely you will have had a well balanced wholistic approach to losing the weight!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfqHDgP/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
emma85

Postby jilliansmyhero » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:03 pm

yeah i really am finding it hard to get motivated, i know how bad that must sound when u know u have to lose the weight but theres always a excuse and when theres none i just cant be bothered, ive got everything here but with the kids to young to kick me up the butt to get moving and stop me from eating something bad and no one here to say lets exercise i just cant get going, i need a comando here but just minus the money to pay him hehe.
jilliansmyhero

Postby rivenriver » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:09 pm

jilliansmyhero wrote:yeah i really am finding it hard to get motivated, i know how bad that must sound when u know u have to lose the weight but theres always a excuse and when theres none i just cant be bothered, ive got everything here but with the kids to young to kick me up the butt to get moving and stop me from eating something bad and no one here to say lets exercise i just cant get going, i need a comando here but just minus the money to pay him hehe.

So don't go all at once. Pick one thing you think you need to change about that way you eat. Don't say all of it, just pick one thing. Like, maybe you're a sucker for ice-cream after dinner. Or maybe you always turn into the maccas drive through after work. Think about how many times you do that each week, and say right, from today on, I'm going to go for a week not doing that. Or, I'm only going to do it once, or something. Challenge yourself, just to this one thing, for just one week. It doesn't need to be a big change to matter. The point is not that it will make a massive difference to the scales, but that you will challenge yourself, and you WILL come out on top. Give up soft drink for a week. Eat breakfast for a week. Take a packed lunch for a week. Just do one thing, just for one week. Prove to yourself you CAN do something, you CAN manage something, you ARE strong enough, and you'll be on your way.
rivenriver

Postby Iwillbefit » Mon May 05, 2008 5:14 pm

My first post in ages!!

I was on and off with my weight loss last year - but now fairly consistent and have lost close to 13kg!

I don't understand how these people are losing soooo much weight soooo fast without destroying their hearts or joints, even on the biggestloser website forum, there is one woman who has lost 8kg in a week, and her response to one of the questioners was, high intensity cardio, I'm like huh? How much can they possibly be doing in a day? 2hrs? 3hrs? And this is someone who is doing it for herself, not on the show of course.....

good luck to everyone :)

Sue.
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue May 06, 2008 12:13 am

I think TBL could be cast with in the same stone as any other media in the way it portrays body image. Don't get me wrong it's totally awesome the changes the contestants have made to their bodies and lifestyles but I think it also makes us feel inferior once again. Like looking at super models, to think you're going to acheive the same result is unrealistic! As others have pointed out the contestants have nothing but exercise infront of them for 3 months and they manage to acheive great weightloss and fitness results.

The important thing to take from your past three months is that you HAVE NOT put on any weight, you have lost weight. No matter how long it takes you're doing it at the right speed for you. There is no one size fits all approach to life let alone weight loss. We should take what we need inspiration wise from these people and forge our own path :mrgreen:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Iwillbefit » Tue May 06, 2008 7:20 am

Yeah I look at the show as nothing more than inspiration but seeing those numbers really makes you think what are they doing??

Thanks for the support and congrats to you too, you've done well!
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby jilliansmyhero » Tue May 06, 2008 10:46 pm

guess what for thse who dont know, the biggest loser has brought out its own workout program so not one to put what exercise u do in it One that has a program worked out for u, cant wait to see whats in it.
jilliansmyhero

Return to Weight loss Talk