It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson Dieter's - Chat 1

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Hayleyd » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:00 pm

Sorry Hayley to answer your chromium(spelling?) question-dont take them as I'd never heard of them...chromium would it be good for you??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Hayley » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 pm

Well done guys - we will get there if we stay strong and I'm still feeling extremely positive about this 'cos I'm detrmined to make this one work!

Just finished tea - small veal steak stripped and stir-fried with 4 cups fresh stirfry vegies. It was really yummy and filling because of all the vegies!

I'm still not sure if I will have the jelly while watching home and away/dancing with the stars or not - I don't actually feel like I need it yet.

3 litres of water today, NO HEADACHES OR TIREDNESS and I did not break once although the veal parmigana I cooked for my husband and my brother with all that melted cheese did smell really good! But I stayed strong and didn't cave-in.

Yippee, I feel really proud and so happy I didn't feel sick today. Fingers crossed I don;t get a headache tomorrow.

I'm thinking of you both and remember, if you feel tempted by bad food, get on this forum and write. It'll help keep your mind off it and I check our TF area about 5 times a day 'cos I'm so excited, so chances are I'll respond to you message straight away.

Best wishes for tomorrow.

Hayley.

P.S. How much chromium are you taking (if any)?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:53 pm

94.8kg

Hi girls, sorry Hayley I also forgot to answer your question regardig chromium, when I used to see a naturopath he gave me some chromium tablets. It's main function deals with glucose metabolism. I haven't taken any for years though.
Hayley your dinner tonight sounds great, so glad you haven't got any withdrawal headaches. :D

Hayleyd for recipe's I just basically play it by ear.
* Beef stew cooked with beef oxo cubes is nice served on a salad.
* Fish cooked in the microwave for 3 minutes served with a splash of sweet and sour sauce on the top and a salad
* Stirfry made with chopped chicken, capsi, onion, and a large dolop of oyster sauce is yummo.
*prawns on skewers with a shake of garlic powder served with salad.
*mutton chops cooked in the oven with a few cans of crushed tomatoes and 4 bayleaves is tastey also a side salad
* a palm sized steak fried in olive oil with microwaved mushrooms on the top.
* 2 egg pan fried omelette filled with chopped microwaved tomato's and chopped microwaved mushrooms (one minute in the microwave) I usually whip my egg whites first then add the yolks. lots of pepper.

I'm looking forward to jumping on the scales tomorrow morning also dying to hearing how much you both weigh too.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:49 am

94.3kg

I love this, every day there is movement in the right direction on the scales, without exercising :shock:
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:09 am

Good morning girls,

Hope you're doing well so far today. I enjoyed my dinner and it was very filling. I had a little jelly about 8pm when I felt like I needed something sweet. At about 9pm I started to get a headache and feel a little light headed, so I drank more water and went to bed not long after that.

This morning I feel good. Had my shake with fibre and drinking planty of water. Hopefully I won;t get any headaches today but being the 2nd day on the diet, I'm sort of expecting to have carb and sugar and caffeine withdrawals - we'll see!

My digital scales are still packed in a box somewhere, waiting for our move to Shark Bay, so I have to make do with the cheap $10 ones at my folk's place. This morning they've moved down a tiny bit, to maybe 90.5, but I can't be accurate, so I'll weigh myself on my friend's digital scales on Friday when I visit her house.

Stay strong today - I know I'm going to.

Oh yeah, a huge thank you to the two of you for doing this with me - it really, really does help having others to talk to who are supporting you because they're doing the same thing, so thanks :D
Hayley.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:14 pm

I thank the two of you too. I said to my husband this morning that there's no way I'd manage to succeed with this diet if it weren't for the two Hayley's doing it with me.
If I was doing this alone I know I'd find an excuse to stop like I did last time. Excuses being we have visitors over or it's eastertime or the shakes taste too sweet or I want to eat a tomato sandwich etc.

I just went to the pharmacy and bought another weeks worth of sachets and found I'd lost another centimetre off my fat gut yay! and the weight was down from the last time I went in (before I stopped for a couple of weeks) so it looks like everything is working well for all of us so far.
JUST KEEP REMINDING YOURSELVES WHAT WE'RE GONNA LOOK LIKE THIN! :D
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:27 pm

Ha ha, that made me laugh, Dolly. I wish I would look like that when I've reached my goal weight! Congratulations for the loss around your waist and the kgs too. And, it does help having other people doing this with you, doesn't it? I find that you and Hayley D are supporting me so much and it makes me more determined to make this work.

I've just had my lunch shake - chocolate, yum! And I realised I forgot to have my apple for morning tea this morning. Water intake is good so far - about a litre and still have not experienced a headache today, yippee. Should touch wood I guess, 'cos don't want to get one!

Hayley D - I hope your day has been easy and you've managed to stick to it for the day. We're here whenever you need to chat or whinge etc etc etc. Let us know how your day has been.

Well, I hope when I use my friend's digital scales on Friday, that I've lost weight - I know this is only my second day but just a little movement down the scales will motivate me and encourage me.

Enjoy the rest of your day Dolly and let me know how your evening is. Thinking of you both and thanks again.

Hayley.
Hayley

Postby Hayley » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:58 pm

Dolly, I just made a vegetable soup using stock cubes and 6-7 cups of the allowed vegetables. If I have half of the soup and add some lean meat to it for tea, does that account for my minimum 3 cups vegies or do I have to have 3 cups on top of the soup?

A bit confused.
Hayley

Postby Hayleyd » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:14 pm

Hey there you two...I must confess I have had a bit of a binge...2 small snack size aero bars-you know the tiny ones and you get a few in the packet and Ive had some sakatas.Feeling light headed big tiem today but I havent been drinking enough water.Made some jelly though so hopefully that will help.If I didnt have you guys I would have eaten mint slices at work,chicken and chips yesterday,some of my sons easter eggs etc etc.There has been movement on the scales so that and you guys are keeping me going.Thanks dolly for the recipe ideas..will give them a go.Just had my first decaf coffee so I feel a little back in the land of the living.
For tea tonight Im having chicken snitzel (inghams) still cant believe I can and some veggies.You both must try the frozen steamed fish-Birds Eye..just pop in microwave and yummo!!!
I think that the veggie soup would count as your 3 veg but dont forget you can have unlimited-cant you??
All the best guys..hopefully my jelly will set in time for tonight
HayleyD
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:42 pm

I agree with you girls, I need to know you're there suffering along side me er...perhaps I worded that wrongly, anyway I'm so glad you're there.

Hayleyd, thank goodness you didn't go for the chips at work imagine how far backwards you would have gone into getting carbs and sugar out of your system and cutting out the NeoCarbs.

The meal sachets allow us to significantly reduce our total carbohydrate intake. So our body starts to burn its fat stores and we begin to lose weight fast.

Hayley, the headaches and cravings should be overwith by day three, so that explains you not looking for food when you never ate you apple.
Last edited by Dolly on Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby winglets » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:00 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to say I think its fantastic what you're doing! Being able to encourage each other like that is such a fantastic thing to be doing and you sound like you're doing so well. I'm going to make sure I keep checking up on this forum, even though I'm not doing that particular diet! Its great you're talking so much about your achievements and support each other!

Keep up all your amazing work!

Lizzie
[/url]
winglets

Postby Dolly » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:22 pm

Thanks for saying that Lizzie, please feel free to join us anytime you like (with or without Tony Ferguson's diet plan)
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:08 pm

Yeah, thanks Lizzie, that was really nice of you to say that and like Dolly said, feel free to join us for a chat whenever you feel like it.

I've just finished my dinner (home made vegetable soup using allowed vegetables and I cooked up some lean meat and mixed it through the soup - very satisfying!). I also had a small amount of diet jelly and feel really good.

No headaches today and I feel like I have a bit more energy compared to yesterday. I even forgot to eat my apple for afternoon tea, so only one piece of fruit today.

I'm so pleased with how the 3 of us are doing. Hayley D, don't woory too much about the chocolate etc, just jump back on board tomorrow. I have not caved yet, which I can't believe. It was a bit difficult not to have some peanut paste on toast this morning, when I was making my little Connor some breakfast - peanut paste on toast and chocolate are the 2 things I absolutely love....but I didn't have any - I didn't even lick the knife! Hee hee!

I hope you leg gets better soon Dolly. I will start walking with my little man again tomorrow. I thought I'd leave it a couple of days, while I get used to the diet change. Thought I'd go for 40mins tomorrow, to see how I cope and after that, gradually increase it back up to an hour and a half.

My thoughts are with you both again tomorrow. I will be tested - I'm meeting a friend whom I haven't seen for a while, at a cafe/restaurant in the Swan Valley tomorrow morning for a cuppa. Normally I'd have 2 lattes and a cake but I'm going to try to stick to a cup of black tea instead. I'll let you know how that turns out!

Can we have Liptons caramel flavoured black tea, if there's no sugar or milk added to it? I have some in the cupboard but couldn't find any nutritional information on the box, so was unsure what's in it.

Chat again tomorrow guys. Best wishes.

Hayley. :D
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:32 pm

If I remember correctly, I think the liptons flavoured teas have caffine in them you'd have to read the box to check though, you don't normally have milk in them anyway.
According to Tony Ferguson, we're allowed to have a splash of skim milk in our decaf teas and decaf coffees.
When you go to the coffee shop I suppose you could always just ask for a glass of soda water or any diet soda or perhaps a decaf water based white coffee or perhaps bring in a tea bag of your own and just ask for a cup of boiling water like my sister does (she's allergic to caffine)
Remember we'll be watching you 8) 8) We'll be the ladies on the next table wearing the sunglasses :lol:
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:03 am

94.1kg

Another day full of tempting challenges (this morning the scale went down a little again :D )
Good luck at the Swan Valley Cafe this morning Hayley! One day with a bit of caffine won't make that much difference I don't think.
If you order lunch, you could order a chicken salad and a glass of diet lemonade or fanta zero.

Image Image Image
Dolly

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk